Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Parallel Universe NOW AVAILABLE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rubylith Posted - 12/20/2004 : 3:10:47 PM
Anyone have any info about the new cd?

When will it be released?
Is there a lot of acoustic tracks on there? Or mostly electric?
I was thinking maybe disk 1 is acoustic and disk 2 is electric...

anyone have info?
Thanks!
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 04/26/2005 : 8:09:54 PM
I got mine today that I ordered of MusicToday... just threw it in right now, so no review yet...
Fluffy Posted - 04/22/2005 : 07:29:26 AM
Posted elsewhere by KevinLesko:
quote:
http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.asp?dept_id=70&band_id=30

I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes here by announcing this, but I've been checking MusicToday a lot lately since the album is out at the shows, and it was there today. I can't wait. If I were rich, I'd have had it overnighted... but alas, I'm poor. Fortuanatley MusicTiday's shipping is usually pretty fast anyways. Fluffy, feel free to delete this if you had some bi announcement planned.

Once again, thats.....

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.asp?dept_id=70&band_id=30
Erich Posted - 04/18/2005 : 8:56:36 PM
that packaging is hot!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/18/2005 : 6:11:50 PM
w00t, I got my copy today! Thanks Fluffy! Here's what it looks like, inside and out, in case you were wondering.

Batstone Posted - 04/11/2005 : 7:59:39 PM
hey, i cant wait either... i love tims acoustic stuff, havent really heard alot of the electric shit yet... o well im sure this cd will give me a taste
Mechman293 Posted - 04/11/2005 : 7:06:12 PM
can't wait for Parallel Universe ^_^
(yeah this basicly spam and saying the obvious, ah well)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/11/2005 : 11:09:49 AM
I said this in another thread, but if anyone wants to PayPal me the money for a copy of this new album, I'll do it. Fluffy has a SASE from me right now, and when he gets copies, at least one will come to me. And if anyone else wants one and I have your money, he'll include that as well. So there you go. You can have one practically ASAP, if you really want one.
Fluffy Posted - 04/11/2005 : 06:27:47 AM
Hoping to have this at the Nashville show tomorrow. I am told Birmingham at the latest. WELL SEE!! I am so excited for everyone to hear this. I am especially fond of track 4 on disc 1. It will definitely change alot of folks perception of TR. Worth a special mention is the solo at the end of track 1. It absolutely blew me away!! AWESOME
Arthen Posted - 12/30/2004 : 9:33:25 PM
I'm thrilled to see "backwards violin sample"! I'm glad to see Tim still fools around with a violin now and then. I'd still love to hear him rock out on a mandolin, if he needs one he could have my crap one!

Let's hope this album comes out soon!
KevinLesko Posted - 12/30/2004 : 02:33:44 AM
Holy Hell, just when I tought I couldn't be any more excited for this release... Thanks so much Tim and Fluffy for this update, and once again the official release date: NOT SOON ENOUGH!
Erich Posted - 12/29/2004 : 7:37:01 PM
that is sweet shit, thanks fluffy and thanks tim :) I remember the IPU disc pretty well, including Jupiter and Love Sighs. I think it was a lot more experimental than ID/Petroglyph, and therefor way cooler
GtrOpus Posted - 12/28/2004 : 8:00:59 PM
Tim reads and responds ... too fuckin' cool!!!
filmdude100cms Posted - 12/28/2004 : 10:49:19 AM
wow so tim reads these? hmmm

well now im even more excited after that new info.
Fluffy Posted - 12/28/2004 : 04:49:22 AM
hey Erich, TR was quite impressed with your memory as he figures you compiled your list from talks on the TouR you joined us on. After reading it he felt it would be nice to give you an accurate picture of what you can expect from "Parallel Universe"(which you will notice I will refrain from abbreviating the way I usually do when repeated referring to stuff as with Tim Reynolds TR, See Into Your Soul SIYS, Live Puke Matrix LPM, Astral Projection AP, etc etc etc for the obvious jokes it would incur if I was to do so LOL) Anyway, on with the info directly from TR, what you can expect.......
quote:
I noticed an overview, as it were, on the message board. It was Erich's I think, which was really cool. I think it was based on when he heard it on the road with us in 2003. Anyway I thought I would update it since it's a little different than it was then.

Parellel Universe CD 1

1. From This World ( electric with a gong sample and some keys)
2. Dreaming ( Acoustic and electric ,keys also)
3. Industrial (electric < train samples, backward violin sample)
4, Torch of Uncertainty ( 5 sections 16 minutes , acoustic and electric )
5. Alpha Wave ( acoustic and electric )
6. Uncover the Reason ( acoustic and electric , keys )
7. Indoctrinate ( acoustic )
8. Face Off ( electric )
9. Tribulation ( Electric and acoustic , keys )
10. This is How Much I Love You ( acoustic with synth string arrangement)

Invisible Pagan Underdogs CD 2

1. Mercury Direct ( electric w/ ring modulator )
2. In Flames Beside My Brain ( electric with ape sample )
3. Angel With a Broken Wing ( acoustic thru effects )
4. Alienation ( no guitars , just keys doing weird things like a little bird and a tuba sample having a strange conversation)
5. Sometimes Love Sighs ( Acoustic and Acoustic)
6. You Don't Know ( electric )
7. Plastic man ( electric )
8, Pulse ( electric w/ ring modulator )
9. Jupiter's Wounded Soul ( no guitars, keys playing tympani, cello and string samples )
10. The Sy is Calling ( electric with keys)
11. Mother Nature ( a poem written and spoken by Eura Reynolds )
12. Buddha of Compassion ( acoustic thru a heavy metal pedal)
13. Invisible Pagan Underdogs ( a dance track, electric....a strat thru a Vox valveatronix ToneLab SE and featuring a percussion solo section on the Zoom RhythmTrak 234

rubylith Posted - 12/22/2004 : 09:27:56 AM
hah
yea
play san andreas tripping thats all I have to say
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 12/22/2004 : 08:16:35 AM
Whenever I smoked the boomers, it didn't do jack.
Arthen Posted - 12/21/2004 : 5:06:23 PM
It sounds like it's going to be like Sanctuary with more electric stuff. That means its going to rule. Color me stoked.
KevinLesko Posted - 12/21/2004 : 12:19:17 PM
quote:
When will it be released?

I think the official release date is... wait for it.. wait for it..... NOT SOON ENOUGH!
thomasode Posted - 12/21/2004 : 08:52:16 AM
haha I remember in Boulder at the show Tim was sayin he was smoking alot of mushrooms latley. Two of my friends almost got arrested for eatin um the other week haha.
rubylith Posted - 12/20/2004 : 4:48:25 PM
that sounds wild...
never smoked shrooms before, but if its anything like eating the nasty things, this album should be pretty damn amazing!
Fluffy Posted - 12/20/2004 : 4:23:34 PM
“The new album consists of a lot of polished songs and some songs that are just going for it,” said Reynolds.

and

According to Reynolds, the second CD was inspired by "smokin' mushrooms." The CD "stretches the membrane."

I think it is safe to say it is the most all-encompassing of TR's CD's. It prolly shows the widest range of his many facets. I don't think you can pigeonhole this one as easily or as any one style. Unlike say Nomadic Wavelength(acoustic)or Astral Projection(electric). It may be the most unique of TR's CD's unto itself.
rubylith Posted - 12/20/2004 : 3:59:27 PM
hey thanks thats awesome
i cant wait!
Erich Posted - 12/20/2004 : 3:49:36 PM
disc 1 is mostly electric. I think the two songs i havent heard (5 & 10) are acoustic instrumentals, and one has strings.

Disk One: Parallel Universe
01 - From This World - electric, vocals
02 - Dreaming - electric, vocals
03 - Industrial Complex - electric, instrumental
04 - Torch of Uncertainty - electric, instrumental
05 - Alpha Wave
06 - Uncover The Reason - electric, vocals
07 - Indoctrinate - acoustic, vocals
08 - Face Off - electric, instrumental
09 - Tribulation - electric, vocals
10 - This Is How Much I Love You

disc 2 is in the same vein as ID, electric stuffs. "...love sighs" is acoustic with the drum machine, if i remember correctly.

Disk Two: Invisible Pagan Underdogs
01 - Mercury Direct
02 - In Flames Beside My Brain
03 - Angel With A Broken Wing
04 - Alienation
05 - Sometimes Loves Sighs
06 - You Don't Know
07 - Plastic Man
08 - Pulse
09 - Jupiter's Wounded Soul
10 - The Sky Is Calling
11 - Mother Nature