Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Official Marcus Eaton Thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 02/10/2006 : 6:53:22 PM
originally posted by jsemon2:

TR's "Stream" Covered by Marcus Eaton
quote:
http://www.archive.org/download/meaton2005-03-12-sbd.flac16/meaton2005-03-12-sbd-d2t02.flac

right click and save (link) as

please reply with your comments. all this talk of him opening for tim again is awesome and i want you to hear the best Tim cover player ever.

please check out his stuff at www.marcuseaton.com he has albums streaming on there so you can hear it all.
67   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
archbah Posted - 10/07/2010 : 5:16:17 PM
Ok gang...

We're inviting all of the members of the "Fans of Marcus Eaton" to take a moment to visit Ellen DeGeneres' website and fill out a brief online form to get Marcus, Kevin & Ben onto the Ellen DeGeneres Show. It takes only a few moments, and be sure to include the link to Marcus' website www.marcuseaton.com

Let us know when you fill out the form by sending us a message, and you could win! We'll be giving away copies of Marcus' new CD "As If You Had Wings" via drawing to a member who sends a message to Ellen!

Here's the link for the Ellen DeGeneres Show: http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=461#ixzz11WhEdPY8

Lets make this happen
invisigal Posted - 03/17/2010 : 12:36:03 PM
Hey there - just dropping in to let you know that Marcus & Kevin will be playing the TR3 West Coast dates in April. You can get all the info at www.marcuseaton.com They are not playing the Seattle show on 4/8 however, but will be on the rest.

New album will be out in June - the music will be finished this week. : )

K

Fluffy Posted - 01/13/2010 : 8:55:27 PM
CHECK OUT Marcus Eaton's Solo Acoustic performance @ China Blue in Boise, ID on 01/09/10:

http://tinyurl.com/MEchinaBlue

Here is the end of the set plus the encore where Marcus covers TR's "Stream" as part of a super-medley:

http://tinyurl.com/MEncor1-9-10
gnome44 Posted - 01/11/2010 : 6:47:06 PM
Great story! I've messaged Marcus on several occassions...usually regarding our Baden guitars. He's a great musician...and a quality dude. Most of us here are big Marcus supporters. You're in good company!

Speaking of Badens...I'm selling mine. I have a 2007 A-style rosewood with the Fishman Aura. I've upgraded it with Gotoh 510 tuners (which are fabulous). I'm asking $900. Let me know if you (or anyone else) are interested.

(Sorry to hijack the thread...)
DavidBuchholz Posted - 01/11/2010 : 5:38:13 PM
My first experience with Marcus was a bit out of the norm. I had, as many fans of Dave Matthews were doing at the time, joined the social networking forum “Twitter” to read the updates Dave was posting.

Toward the latter part of 2008, I had made my own post regarding the fact that I was going to be purchasing a Taylor guitar. One of the responses I received back was from a fellow Twitter user named @marcuseaton. Marcus suggested that I should look into Baden guitars, and proceeded to tell me some of the selling features of the Baden’s over the Taylor I was looking at.

Through our conversations online, we struck up a friendship, and I took the opportunity to visit his web page to hear a sampling of his music.

I was floored.

In the months that followed, I went and saw the Marcus Eaton Trio open for Tim Reynolds (of DMB) at one of Seattle’s more popular venues, the Tractor. The spectacle of seeing Marcus and his group play live only deeper established in my mind the fact that Marcus’ music needs to be experienced on larger stages.

At Marcus’ generous invitation, my son and I travelled to Boise in April of last year, and were fortunate to spend a weekend with Marcus in his home city of Boise. It was a remarkable opportunity, which provided us some amazing insight into Marcus’ talent, and a chance to watch his playing up close.

Since then, I have been to six of Marcus’ other performances, ranging from two house parties (one of which my wife and I were fortunate enough to host) club performances, and his shows on the side stage at the Gorge, prior to the concerts by the Dave Matthews Band in September of 2009.

Marcus was joined on stage by Tim Reynolds , Jeff Coffin (from DMB) as well as members of G Love for a few of his numbers on the Sunday eve show. This “jam session” was, simply put, amazing. By the finale, Marcus song “Drug” off his Story of Now cd, a throng of people had been captivated.

Marcus’ style is an interesting mix of styles. He primarily plays his music on an acoustic guitar, but “acoustic” is an unfair label to place on his stylings, as the way he plays is certainly outside the realm of what you would expect. His music, while definitely falling under the category of “rock”, manages to take the best of pop, reggae, folk, flamenco & jazz, and combine it into perhaps one of the most agreeable and cohesive blend. His style melds lead & rhythm guitar work, and manages to fluidly make it all come together.

His music and writing is captivating, and he plays with a passion that I have rarely scene from even the most established artists, let alone someone who is in the beginning stages of his career.

With each performance I have attended, I am always amazed at the look on people’s faces, the conversations I hear once Marcus leaves the stage. The words “unbelievable”, “amazing”, “blown away” & “incredible” are often floated about. I have brought people to his shows who entered the venue being skeptical, yet exited grinning from ear to ear, with a handful of Marcus’ CDs.

As his friend, I would love to see his career move to the next level. As a fan, I can say it would be a remarkable shame if it didn’t. We would love to see Marcus play the main stage at the Gorge, opening for Dave Matthews Band , but think that the appeal of his music shouldn’t simply be limited to that “one gig.”

muldercat Posted - 10/17/2009 : 10:37:55 PM
It's been so cool to have the ability to see Marcus Live! I hope to see him in person in the near future!
:)
Millissa
Fluffy Posted - 10/17/2009 : 7:52:35 PM
ONLY 2 MORE HOURS TIL SHOWTIME!
Fluffy Posted - 10/17/2009 : 10:27:34 AM
Marcus Eaton will be playing a PRIVATE acoustic show tonite in Seattle at the Buchholz family home. The performance is going to webcast thru SyncLive.com

http://app.synclive.com?show/33287

10/17/09 10PM EST/7PM PST

I am told you will be able to watch it on www.marcuseaton.com as well but I don't know if you will be able to participate in the "chat" that accompanies the show on www.synclive.com

The webcast is FREE, you just need to register, which is also free, to participate in the chat as you watch the show. Hope alot of you can tune. Nice way to spend your Saturday nite.

PEACE & see you there!
invisigal Posted - 10/07/2009 : 12:03:49 PM
Hey Guys - latest newsletter. New website! Check it out!

Hello Friends!

NEW ALBUM UPDATE
We have some exciting news for everyone - Marcus & the band (and the stellar engineers at Tonic Room Studios) have finished recording and are now in post production. We are looking at a release date of January 2010. Can you wait that long? No? Well, we may be coerced into a pre-release for you guys . . . in the meantime,watch this update from Marcus & Kevin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Z2ji8cRRo

NEW WEBSITE
We have a new site launched - check out www.marcuseaton.com to get the latest news, tour dates, twitters, music, video, etc. Take a look at the vlogs from the studio, the photos from shows, stream through three albums and some exclusive interviews and performances. Leave us a message, talk to each other - it's all there folks!

GORGE SHOWS WERE . . .
The shows out at the Gorge Sept 4 - 6 were amazing - from the fans to the weather to the musicians who shared the stage. A lot of new tunes were played, and Tim Reynolds, Timo Shanko, Jeff Coffin and Greg Johnson joined in on a few songs - fantastic musicians and thanks to all of them.

TOUR DATES
There will be some solo and trio tour dates in the next few months - can't say where yet, but watch the calendar, or better yet - grab a tour calendar widget and put it on your facebook, myspace or other website. They update automatically whenever we add a date, so you always have the calendar handy. Check them all out at the bottom of this email.

Thanks for the love and let us know what you think - about the new site, about the Gorge shows (share your photos and we'll post 'em), about a great venue you'd like to see the band play.
Cheers,

THE ME CREW
invisigal Posted - 08/27/2009 : 12:15:47 AM
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to post the latest newsletter here for you. Marcus will be at the Gorge for the DMB Labor Day shows! New album will be out soon.

LATEST NEWS FROM MARCUS EATON

LIVE @ THE LINEN THIS FRIDAY
If you're in Boise this Friday, you're in luck - the Trio will be playing at The Linen Building, Boise's coolest new spot for live music. If you haven't had a chance to check out the updates to the original American Laundry Building on West Grove Street and the schedule of great live bands, come hang with us on Friday as we play some new tunes and some old favorites. Doors are at 8, music starts at 8:30. Details below in the Tour Dates.

LIVE ON 94.9 THE RIVER
No matter where you are on the planet, this Friday morning you can tune in to hear Marcus live on KRVB 94.9 The River in Boise at 8:30am Mountain time. You can tune in here via the web. Marcus will be talking about the new album, the upcoming dates, and more.

THE GORGE LABOR DAY WEEKEND
WITH DAVE MATTHEWS BAND!
The Trio will be playing on the side stage at the Dave Matthews Band shows this Labor Day weekend, September 4, 5 & 6, at the Gorge Amphitheater in George, WA. For those of you who have been to a show at this remarkable and breathtaking venue, you know what an incredible time we're all in for. We might have some special guests and are psyched to be part of this great weekend. Thank you to Dave Matthews Band for inviting us back again for the third year!

WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE STUDIO?
Marcus is busy in the studio laying down guitars & vocals, and Kevin flew in today to help lend his stellar ear to the mix. Check out Tonic Room Studios to see where they're recording. And check out Marcus' first video blog from the studio below. We'll be posting more video soon - the band is really excited to share these recordings with you!

NEW WEBSITE IN THE WORKS
We are working on a new web site at www.marcuseaton.com that will bring you much more content and information, and allow you interact with the band and with each other. We'll let you know as soon as we go live with it.

As always, thanks for your support!

THE ME CREW

www.marcuseaton.com | twitter.com/marcuseaton | facebook.com/marcuseaton | myspace.com/marcus_eaton | reverbnation.com/marcuseaton
rubylith Posted - 11/07/2008 : 4:43:33 PM
Haha he also used the "Catapult the Propaganda" quo0te I used in the Huddled Masses...AWESOME!
rubylith Posted - 11/07/2008 : 4:40:56 PM
Haha I got a great video of him doing this acoustically backstage in Sellersville. haha awesome!
Fluffy Posted - 11/07/2008 : 12:28:55 PM
Marcus Eaton just posted a new track on his myspace page. Rubylith, you need to check it out. It's a little different than Marcus' past offerings but quite good. It called "GOP". He decided to wait till after the election results to release it on the world. ENJOY! I did!

http://www.myspace.com/marcus_eaton
invisigal Posted - 10/13/2008 : 7:54:12 PM
Hello Friends!

The Trio is playing tonight in Wilkes-Barre, PA at WVIA-TV studios - you can listen LIVE @ 9PM EST - http://www.wvia.org/radio/

HELL Yeah!
rubylith Posted - 10/09/2008 : 12:03:16 PM
Marcus is in Sellersville PA tonight...anyone going? Al DeMiola is playing at that place in January I believe, it's a great place! COME TO THE SHOW TONIGHT AND SEE MARCUS!
Fluffy Posted - 10/07/2008 : 7:28:36 PM
Marcus Eaton Trio LIVE in on TV in Cleveland:

http://www.wkyc.com/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=immersiveplayer&maven_referralPlaylistId=playlist&maven_referralObject=876881761
PJK Posted - 10/03/2008 : 3:22:59 PM
Well Dave, guess you know who beat you out for opening for TR3 in NYC........not that there is anything wrong with Marcus and band. (I feel like an episode of Sienfeld.)

invisigal Posted - 10/03/2008 : 10:29:10 AM
Hey Everyone - just wanted to post the latest tour dates. Marcus' band will be opening the 10/17 Fairfield and 10/18 NYC shows with TR3! Hope to meet some of you there!

Kitty

IN THE CLEVELAND AREA?
TUNE IN TODAY at 10AM TO SEE THE MARCUS EATON TRIO ON LIVE TV!
10AM CST Channel 3 WKYC
The band will perform a song and have a short interview.

CATCH THEM LIVE IN CLEVELAND TONIGHT, October 3!
Phantasy Concert Club
More info: www.phantasyconcertclub.net

UPCOMING DATES ON THE EAST COAST (ALL TRIO SHOWS)

SELLERSVILLE, PA - Opening for Moonalice
Sellersville Theater 1894 - 24 W. Temple St, Sellersville, PA 18960
(215) 257-5808
More info: www.st94.com

WILKES-BARRE, PA
WVIA Public Media Studios
100 WVIA Way, Pittston PA 18640-6197
This is a live concert taping for future PBS broadcast. Tickets are
FREE, on a first-come-first-served basis. Go to www.wvia.org or call WVIA-FM at 570-655-2808 to reserve tickets before they're all
gone - it's a small theater!

NEW YORK, NY
Arlene's Grocery
95 Stanton Street NYC - 212.995.1652
More info: www.arlenesgrocery.net

FAIRFIELD, CT - OPENING FOR TR3
Fairfield Theatre Co
70 Sanford St Fairfield, CT 06824 - (203) 319-1404
More info: www.fairfieldtheatre.org

NEW YORK, NY - OPENING FOR TR3
Highline Ballroom
431 W 16th St New York, NY 10011 between 9th and 10th Ave (212) 414-5994

gnome44 Posted - 07/14/2008 : 4:22:27 PM
Gotta love the Baden!

Thanks for the pics and video link!
KevinLesko Posted - 07/14/2008 : 4:11:41 PM
Like a dumbass, I brought my camera but forgot my memory card to the recent Molly Malone's show. At least I was able to take a picture or two on the internal memory:

I've also got to say that I really dig the new tune, "What's the Difference". This isn't a video from the night I saw Marcus, but rather a performance from earlier in the year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g1EkOpnwj0
invisigal Posted - 06/19/2008 : 5:27:43 PM
Here is the latest newsletter folks. Tour dates are at the end of the post. Also check below for info on tuning in to the live broadcast tomorrow morning at 8:30am PST on 95.5 KLOS.

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick reminder to let you all know that Marcus and the band are playing this week in southern California, in and around LA and also San Juan Capistrano this Saturday night! Check the schedule below for details.

Marcus' interview is out in July's issue of Premier Guitar Magazine - www.premierguitar.com - check it out at newsstands or you can read the entire magazine online. You can also stream a couple of Marcus' songs from their site. Great pictures too by Dave Kugler - www.davegkugler.com

There is a new rough mix of a song called You Can't Close Your Eyes up on Marcus' myspace (www.myspace.com/marcus_eaton) - down near the bottom of the player - check it out!

Hope to see some of you this week at the shows!

Cheers,
The ME Crew

THU 6.21.2008
MARCUS EATON TRIO -
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA
The Coach House 33157 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA (949) 496-8930
$13 21+ Doors: 6PM Set: Show: 8PM
More info: www.thecoachhouse.com
FRI 6/20 8:30AM
LIVE SOLO ACOUSTIC - ON AIR KLOS 95.5
Live from the Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood
1000 Universal Studios Blvd. Universal City, CA
Not open to public, but you can win tickets on 95.5 KLOS all week long mornings with Mark & Brian, or stream live, 8:30am on Friday - www.955klos.com
(323) 935-1577
$6 21+ Set time: 10PM
More info: www.mollymalonesla.com
More info: www.showboxonline.com
More info: http://www.mcmenamins.com/
(208) 345-6344
www.thewineryateagleknoll.com
EqualEyes CD Release Party!
More info: www.bigeasyconcerts.com
More info: www.mcmenamins.com
Sidestage for the Dave Matthews Band
More info: www.dmband.com
More info: http://cgc.hotspotsolutions.com
More info: www.thewineryateagleknoll.com
gnome44 Posted - 06/18/2008 : 5:48:32 PM
Here it is...

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Jul/Northwestern_Exposure_Marcus_Eaton_Interview.aspx
KevinLesko Posted - 06/11/2008 : 2:19:31 PM
Wow headlining the Coachhouse eh? I don't think I'll be able to go to that one, but maybe the Molly Malone's show. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that magazine as well.
Fluffy Posted - 06/04/2008 : 10:09:06 PM
There it is!!!!!!!!
invisigal Posted - 06/04/2008 : 7:19:02 PM
Hey There!

Here is the latest newsletter. The information on the Gorge is after the tour dates. Exciting news! And with Timmy there who knows what could happen? : )

TOUR DATES

MARCUS EATON TRIO - LOS ANGELES, CA
AURA - 12215 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604 (818) 487-1488
Set Time: 11pm - 12 midnight
More info: www.auranightclub.com

MARCUS EATON TRIO - SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA
The Coach House 33157 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, CA (949) 496-8930
$13 21+
More info: www.thecoachhouse.com

MARCUS EATON TRIO - LOS ANGELES, CA
Molly Malone's 575 S Fairfax Ave Los Angeles, CA (323) 935-1577
$6 21+
Set time: 10PM
More info: www.mollymalonesla.com

MARCUS EATON TRIO - PORTLAND OR
White Eagle Saloon

MARCUS EATON TRIO - EAGLE, ID
Eagle Knoll Winery, 3705 N. Hwy 16 Eagle, ID (208) 286-9463
http://www.thewineryateagleknoll.com/index.html

MARCUS EATON TRIO - Manmouth Lakes, CA
More info tba.

MARCUS EATON TRIO - PORTLAND OR
White Eagle Saloon

Eagle Arts Food & Wine Festival
More info tba.

MARCUS EATON TRIO - THE GORGE, GEORGE, WA

MARCUS EATON TRIO - MCCALL, ID
Common Grounds Cafe
More info: http://cgc.hotspotsolutions.com/

MARCUS EATON TRIO - SANTA BARBARA, CA
Soho
More info: http://www.sohosb.com/

Eagle Knoll Winery
More info: http://www.thewineryateagleknoll.com/index.html

Hi Friends,

Marcus will be featured in the upcoming July issue of Premier Guitar Magazine with an interview and lots of photos of Marcus, Kevin and James. You can also stream a couple of songs from their site. The issue will be out on June 5th. Thanks to Adam and the crew at PGM for being so great and putting out a stellar guitar mag and to Dave Kugler for the great photos.

www.premierguitar.com

www.davegkugler.com

The trio will be in Los Angeles this month with a date at The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano, Molly Malone's in LA and Aura in Studio City. It will be a great time to catch the trio and hear what a tight groove they've got! Over the summer the band will also be making stops in Portland, Seattle, Boise, Eagle, ID - more dates will be added in the weeks to come.

The Trio is very excited to support the Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge on their sidestage for the second year. Last year Marcus and James rocked the crowd, and this year Kevin will be bringing the sound up and over the hill to those sitting on the lawn! We hope to be seeing a lot of you out there for three days of great music.

Speaking of the Dave Matthews Band, we are really excited to hear Tim Reynolds tear it up with them as the 7th member of their band this summer. Tim's band, TR3, will also be opening on the main stage for DMB in Cincinatti and VA Beach - be sure to catch them if you're going. We'll catch you at the Gorge, Tim!

We hope to see a lot of you in the next few months.

Cheers,

The ME Crew
management@marcuseaton.com
jsemon2 Posted - 06/04/2008 : 2:59:22 PM
marcus will be on side stage for the gorge 2008.

so maybe tr will join him and do a little jam together.
Fluffy Posted - 05/31/2008 : 10:28:00 AM
No change required.....but get ready for it!
KevinLesko Posted - 05/30/2008 : 2:58:46 PM
What am I getting ready for? Do I need to change?
Fluffy Posted - 05/30/2008 : 1:42:38 PM
Get ready for it......
Fluffy Posted - 05/27/2008 : 4:32:41 PM
Get ready for it.....geeeeet ready for it!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 05/26/2008 : 6:24:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by invisigal

Just wanted to let you guys know that Marcus will be featured in the July issue of Premier Guitar Magazine (www.premierguitar.com). Nice interview and lots of pictures. It should be available online and on newsstands in mid-June. Premier Guitar lets you read the entire issue online too, which is mighty cool of them, I think.

Premier Guitar is based just up the road from me in Mount Vernon, Iowa. For some reason I get issues of it for free in the mail, but I do agree that it's cool that you can read the whole thing online.
invisigal Posted - 05/26/2008 : 12:16:55 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know that Marcus will be featured in the July issue of Premier Guitar Magazine (www.premierguitar.com). Nice interview and lots of pictures. It should be available online and on newsstands in mid-June. Premier Guitar lets you read the entire issue online too, which is mighty cool of them, I think.

Marcus has some dates coming up in Seattle, Portland, LA and the Boise area - I'll announce the details here soon.

Kitty
invisigal Posted - 04/29/2008 : 8:15:48 PM
Hey Everyone,

WVIA will be broadcasting a radio performance and interview tonight at
9:00 PM Eastern Time. Marcus' album, Story of Now, was chosen as
WVIA's #1 CD of 2007, so they were psyched to have him live in their
studio in March when this was recorded.

Here is a direct link to the WVIA streaming feed:

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wvia/ppr/index.shtml

If you miss tonight's broadcast, the show will be available on-demand
on their website - http://homegrownmusic.info/

Enjoy!
gnome44 Posted - 03/07/2008 : 12:52:09 PM
In the new Acoustic Guitar magazine (April 2008) is an ad for Baden Guitars. The ad is just a picture of Marcus holding a Baden guitar (they're weird looking).

They don't mention his name or anything...just the picture.
invisigal Posted - 03/04/2008 : 12:19:25 AM
I agree about the wikipedia page . . . it's on the list.

Here is a video of Marcus playing with Jake Shimabukuro at the Aladdin in Portland, 2/6/08.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a_Lt9w_SfSI

Enjoy.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 03/02/2008 : 12:31:23 PM
I'm kind of surprised no one's beefed up a page for Marcus on wikipedia. Just blank there now. nothing at all.

would be great to see at least a discography or something.
invisigal Posted - 02/25/2008 : 1:09:56 PM
Thank you Fluffy! It was late, I was tired, what can I say : ) Thanks for fixing it.
Fluffy Posted - 02/25/2008 : 11:18:05 AM
Hey Kitty, we already have a thread like that. hehe I retitled this thread and added your post to this thread. Hope it works for ya. LMK

Originally posted by invisigal:

Hello Everyone,

I'm starting this thread as a place for us to discuss Marcus Eaton's music and get updates. Some of you may have caught him on the road opening for Tim Reynolds over the past couple of years, some of you may remember Marcus playing on the sidestage at the Gorge during the DMB run this past year, and some of you may not know him at all - but you will.

Marcus is a phenomenal guitarist, singer and songwriter who is well on his way to stardom. His talent has caught the attention of Warren Haynes, David Crosby, Dominic Miller (Sting's guitarist), and many others. His skills are sick! He has a new band (a trio) that sounds fantastic and is busy touring already, playing lots of new material.

Marcus' CD, Story of Now, was chosen as the "#1 CD of 2007" by George Graham! And he was up against some heavy hitters like Joni Mitchell, Bruce Hornsby, Norah Jones and many others. You can read the review, listen to the broadcast and more at www.georgegraham.com.

MARCUS EATON TRIO TONIGHT IN SEATTLE!
Marcus will be playing with the band tonight (2/24/08) at Tractor Tavern in Seattle. Show starts at 8PM. AND - it's Marcus' birthday!

OTHER DATES - SOLO ON THE EAST COAST
3/23/08 - Sellersville Theater, Sellersville, PA - Opening for Tim!
3/29/08 - University of Hartford, Hartford, CT
Other dates to be added soon!

IF YOU'D LIKE TO SEE MARCUS OPEN FOR DMB THIS YEAR
Visit their site and take this poll: http://web.davematthewsband.com/08OpenerSurvey/08OpenerSurvey.asp

LINKS TO MARCUS ON THE WEB
Website: www.marcuseaton.com - stream both albums, look at pics, and you can sign up for the newsletter and street team there
Video: www.youtube.com/marcuseaton - video of Marcus solo and video of Marcus playing duets with Tim Reynolds
Fan Forum: http://burnitdown.proboards58.com/
Marcus' Myspace: www.myspace.com/marcus_eaton
Sonicbids EPK (Electronic Press Kit, and a good place to hear some live solo tracks): www.sonicbids.com/marcuseaton

If you want Marcus to play in your area or have something else to say, contact his management: management@marcuseaton.com

I'll update this thread with tour dates and news often.
So - let's discuss the music! When did you first hear Marcus? What are your favorite songs? Where would you like to see him play?

I personally love so many of the songs - Drug, Fiona, Gravity, Road to Home, Victims of What's Available, Story of Now - but lately Black Pearl and What's the Difference are my faves. (you can stream them from sonicbids - www.sonicbids.com/marcuseaton) AND - the trio is doing a song called Life in Reverse that is just amazing. The new drummer, Kevin, adds so much to it.

I first heard Marcus on a CD that a friend of mine had slipped in with some live dmb shows.

: )

Kitty
KevinLesko Posted - 11/13/2007 : 04:06:28 AM
I know this is super last minute, but Marcus will be on the Mark and Brian morning radio station from Los Angeles around 9:00am tomorrow (tuesday) morning. That's 95.5 to you So Cal peeps. Otherwise it looks like you can listen streaming on http://www.955klos.com/home.asp
Fluffy Posted - 08/29/2007 : 01:23:53 AM
Found a thread on another message board with a massive amount of links to video online of Marcus Eaton. If you have still been waiting to check him out this might be a great place to start. It even has video of Marcus performing with TR which I guess most of you have seen by now either live for from a link on this website. Anyway, check them out, there are some nice ones.

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?t=1678306636

ENJOY!
rubylith Posted - 08/28/2007 : 1:36:34 PM
That is awesome! Go Marcus! I ran into someone at the Lounge at the DMB in Camden and they were raving about Marcus!

Fluffy, hopefully you will be posting one of these for me in the next year!
Fluffy Posted - 08/28/2007 : 12:54:54 PM
It was confirmed yesterday and received this from Marcus' email list today:

Hello everyone!

The past few months have been a whirlwind and I've hardly had any opportunity to catch up with all of you.

I had a great time at NAMM representing Baden Guitars. It was a funny first moment when I showed up and saw the larger-than-life banner of me with one of the guitars! I will post a picture of it soon. Thanks to everyone at Baden and Fishman for their continued support.

The latest and greatest news is something that has taken me quite some time to put together. I am so damn thrilled to announce that I will be joining the Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge this weekend for sidestage performances! I will be playing a full set each night; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday prior to the mainstage performances. You must be ticketed for the DMB show to attend my sets. Performance times have yet to be announced...watch my website or MySpace page for details.

Friday Aug.31 thru Sunday Sept.2
The Gorge Amphitheatre in George, WA...exits 143 or 149 off I-90

I hope to see you all there!!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 06/15/2007 : 4:38:02 PM
That's pretty cool. Thanks for responding Marcus. Did you ever get the RC-50 Loop Station, or are you still using the RC-20XL model?
Batstone Posted - 06/15/2007 : 3:39:16 PM
hey marcus, hows it going
TheME Posted - 06/13/2007 : 1:40:36 PM
not tricky to punch it in & out live...

Tricky because I had to record the loop into the loopstation by punching in and out...It had a lot of potential to be a lopsided loop! Anyone with a loopstation will understand;)

Cheerio,

ME
jsemon2 Posted - 06/13/2007 : 12:51:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by TheME

I still had to punch it in and out...kind of tricky.
Anyway, that is how it is done!

MARCUS

tricky, but fun to watch you jump from foot to foot to do it.
TheME Posted - 06/12/2007 : 10:41:40 PM
Yo Guitar Guy,

I crated the loop for 'Standing Still' using a program called Reason. I then loaded it into my Loopstation via my laptop...I still had to punch it in and out...kind of tricky.
Anyway, that is how it is done!

MARCUS
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 06/08/2007 : 6:47:31 PM
So is the drum and bass part on the loop station...or how does he do that??
rubylith Posted - 06/08/2007 : 08:51:17 AM
So good...
Fluffy Posted - 06/08/2007 : 01:24:48 AM
Marcus Eaton "Standing Still" Live at The Belly Up:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qpIw-GjAd-A
Fluffy Posted - 06/06/2007 : 02:44:27 AM
Tim Reynolds played a show in Wilkes Barre, PA at River Street Jazz. I passed off a copy of Marcus Eaton "Story of Now" to the promoter/owner for him to check out. He was so impressed with the CD that when Marcus came out to NYC for a showcase on Nov 2nd, 2006, he booked Marcus for a gig at River Street Jazz as well site unseen. Following Marcus' performance in Wilkes Barre, PA he spent 5 weeks as the Number 1 requested artist on WVIA-FM and remains in the "Top 20" even now.

The Graham Weekly Album Review #1479

Marcus Eaton: Story of Now
by George Graham

(independent release As broadcast on WVIA-FM 4/4/2007)

The music world is rife with "one-album wonders" -- performers and bands
who release one brilliant recording and then are not heard from again,
either because the band broke up or because they were dropped by their
record label. This sort of thing happens a lot more these days, since
most of the major labels will drop an artist from their roster if they
don't sell hundreds of thousands of copies of their first album almost
immediately, and that's a shame. But at the same time, the ease with
which independent recordings can be made and sold by means of the
Internet, means that losing one's label contract does not mean the end
of making records.

But even with that possibility, almost every serious music fan has his
or her own favorite one or two album wonders, who have largely
disappeared from the recording scene.

In 2003, I reviewed for this series a recording by a superb, musically
sophisticated acoustic rock band from Idaho called Marcus Eaton and the
Lobby. I was beginning to think this was going to be one of those
flashes in the pan. Fortunately, now four years later, Marcus Eaton is
back with a new CD, minus the Lobby, but with musical quality even
higher. Eaton's solo recording is called Story of Now.

Marcus Eaton grew up in Pocatello, Idaho. The son of a guitarist and
songwriter, he naturally gravitated toward music, taking up guitar at
age nine. He formed a band called E.S.P. with a drummer named Nate
Keezer in high school in 1996. Eaton continued playing in bands while
attending Idaho State University in Boise. The band which came to be
known as the Lobby also featured a prominent sax, and was initially a
kind of jam band, who did what they did out of necessity: without a
great number of compositions to play, they jammed on each one for a
long time. They released a couple of independent CDs before issuing The
Day the World Awoke, which spotlighted the band's creative, musically
complex compositions, almost all by Eaton, along with Eaton's pleasing
tenor voice and impressive acoustic guitar work, which could sometimes
hint at Latin American and flamenco styles.

Now, four years later, the Lobby has apparently gone their separate
ways, and the 26-year-old Eaton spent some 40 days in the studio in
Boise to bring to realization his new songs. Derico Watson, who plays
in Flecktone Victor Wooten's band was brought in to play drums on some
tracks, while Tony Sereduk plays on three other pieces. Garrett Sayers
is heard on bass, and Kyle Aho is featured on piano. While the sonic
emphasis of Eaton's music remains acoustic, he does play some electric
guitar and there are some tracks that include the electronic rhythms of
contemporary pop music, but the result is anything but conventional. I
suppose that if you wanted one of those glib rock-critic capsule
catch-phrases, one could call this "acoustic art rock singer-songwriter
music."

Eaton's lyrics are intelligent and generally optimistic, though they do
largely center around the perennial subject of love and its
permeations. Musically, Eaton's writing is intricate and sophisticated,
yet very appealing, despite the majority of the tracks being in
unconventional meters, with five, seven and even 13-beat rhythms. Eaton
is one of a relative few who, like Sting, who can create music that is
this complex and yet make it sound easy and natural. Before recording
the album, Eaton also spent some time with a vocal coach, and his
already appealing vocals are stronger than before, an airy tenor who
can impart a good deal of energy when he wants to.

While Eaton's vocals and guitar dominated the sound of the Lobby band,
this CD lacks the sax and flute that were prominent in that group. It's
mainly Eaton himself this time on the various guitars that are the basis
of the sound. Some tracks run toward the more acoustic and with lighter
or absent drums, while others can rock out.

Leading off is one of the rockers, Candle to the Sun. It's one of
Eaton's generally optimistic love songs. The piece is typical of his
almost art-rock composing style with complex shifts of meter and
effective use of dynamics with the contrast between acoustic and
electric sections.

On the Lobby album Eaton showed some reggae influence, and on the title
track of this CD Story of Now, a hint of reggae figures into the
elaborate arrangement. It's another appealing and quite musically
interesting piece.

Four years ago on the Lobby album, one of the more interesting
influences that turned up was Latin American rhythms, and even
Spanish-style guitar. Story of Now also draws on that source on the
track Victims of What Is Available, which also features some oblique
social commentary. The piece is one of the highlights of a uniformly
outstanding album

Eaton's tendency toward rhythmic complexity is evident on several
tracks. In fact there is very little in a conventional rock or folk
meter on Story of Now. A song called Drug, which compares love to
chemical addiction, rocks along in seven without sounding too abstruse.

As mentioned, Sting is also known for creating songs in unconventional
rhythms. Eaton's song Disposable shows some definite influence from
Sting's old band The Police.

Somewhat more laid-back in sound, with more of a singer-songwriter style
is Road to Home. Lyrically, Eaton continues his optimistic direction.

Another of the album's most impressive tracks is Burn It Down, which
features mainly just Eaton's acoustic guitars accompanying his words of
lost love. He again draws on Latin influence, but in a rather
un-Latin-like 13-beat meter on the verses.

Also quite appealing, though with a somewhat less rosy outlook, is Four
Seasons Turn to Rain. Eaton features a little sitar on the track, as he
does from time to time elsewhere on the CD.

On Story of Now, Marcus Eaton, a still quite young Idahoan, has created
a really outstanding album that surpasses the excellent recording by
his band The Lobby four years ago. He creates music that is outwardly
appealing, but is full of classy, high-level musical ingredients that
would likely endear this recording to art rock and even jazz fans, with
his rhythmic and harmonic sophistication. And this CD could also come
across as a singer-songwriter recording with its often acoustic sound
and thoughtful lyrics. It has been a long time since the Eaton's last
recording, and once he started, he spent a long time making this CD.
But his labor definitely paid off, with every track on the CD having a
lot to offer.

Sonically, we'll give the CD a grade "A." The mix is first-rate,
skillfully blending the acoustic and the electric, Eaton's vocal is
generally well-recorded, and the dynamic range of the recording, which
was a problem on the last CD by the Lobby, is much improved, allowing
the volume to be soft when the music calls for it.

Marcus Eaton has been looking for a record label to distribute his CD.
For now, he is making it available in limited numbers on his website.
It's definitely worth seeking out. A recording that maintains such a
high musical level and that's so downright likable is rare indeed.

(c) Copyright 2007 George D. Graham. All rights reseved.
Arthen Posted - 06/06/2006 : 7:24:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Yes, they definitely did. Marcus is very excited to be asked back so soon. Like I always say, Marcus is gonna be BIG!! Wish I could be there.

I think you are right Fluff. Ever since I first heard his name here, I've been picking it up more and more around me, which is impressive in my small little college town. One day we'll hear him on the radio and think back when we used to see him in little clubs like The Mint.
Fluffy Posted - 06/06/2006 : 6:00:28 PM
Yes, they definitely did. Marcus is very excited to be asked back so soon. Like I always say, Marcus is gonna be BIG!! Wish I could be there.
KevinLesko Posted - 06/06/2006 : 3:41:58 PM
quote:
I've been grooving on Story of Now since the TR shows, it's golden.

Me too! Marcus is opening up for someone at the same So Cal venues he opened for Tim. I wonder if the great crowd responses he got prompted the venues to bring him back? I'm definately going to catch him in either San Diego, or San Juan Capi.. maybe both.
Arthen Posted - 06/06/2006 : 2:05:28 PM
I might try to make it to Valejo for that July concert! Man, I've been grooving on Story of Now since the TR shows, it's golden.
Fluffy Posted - 06/05/2006 : 6:12:37 PM
Latest email sent out to Marcus' email list:

Hello Everyone,

Life has been a whirlwind of travel lately...
First off, thanks to all who attended the Tim Reynolds shows.
We had an amazing time on the Road with Tim and the crew; Fluffy, and Tim Rew. Anyone who was involved or who met us during this tour knows that this experience turned into somewhat of a spiritual journey; remembering what is important, solidifying friendships and playing some awesome music!
Glenn and I spent many hours behind the wheel and we were fortunate enough to have the company of two of our best friends, Ian Sperls and Kevin Davis. Ian took care of merch and security and Kevin showed us his driving skills. Thank you two for the help and the incredible time. Thanks also to TR and crew. You are the best.
I joined Tim Reynolds on stage each night for the encore. This was a dream come true. We did what Tim calls "Syncronized Swimming". Instead of playing harmonized parts or complimentary parts, we played a few TR songs in unison. It was a powerful and unique sound. The shows will be posted on http://www.archive.org/ if you'd like to hear the tunes for yourselves. Listen as the encores progress from being safe to experimental by the end of the tour.
For show reviews pictures and more, click here... http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6572. I also appeared again on The Mark and Brian Radio program in LA, which can be found here...http://www.markandbrian.com/.

I returned home for a few days and opened for John Browns Body in Portland and Seattle. They are a terrific band and you should check them out.

Then, it was off to the East Coast and New York. I played some dates around the Northeast and a great radio show followed by a showcase in New York. The performance at The Cutting Room, was very cozy and I plan on returning before the end of summer.

Remember also that the new album Story of Now is available on http://www.marcuseaton.com/! They are selling quickly, so be sure to get your copy now. If you already purchased the new album, be sure to tell all of your friends!
Now, onto the summer dates;

Tomorrow!
Thursday, June 1st, 2006
Sam Bond's Garage
407 Blair Blvd.
Eugene, OR
Doors: 8 pm
Show: 10 pm
Tickets: $5
Ages: TBD
Phone: 541-431-6603
http://www.sambonds.com/
**Bring a copy of this email to the show and get a free Story of Now CD**

Saturday, June 3rd, 2006
Blues Amuse and Brew at the Midtown Ballroom
Midtown Rock, Rink and Roll
51 N Greenwood
Bend, OR 97701
Doors: TBD
Show: TBD
Tickets: TBD
Ages: 18+
http://www.c3events.com/

Saturday, June 17, 2006
Music Festival in Hidden Springs
South Meadow Park
W. Hidden Springs Drive
Boise, ID 83714
Doors: 4:00 PM
Show: 6:00 PM
Tickets: Free Admission!!
Ages: All
http://www.hiddensprings.com/
Note: Marcus will be playing 3 solo sets!

Sunday, June 18, 2006
Father's Day
St. Chapelle Winery
Idaho
Gates: Noon
Music: 1 - 4 pm
Tickets: $10
http://www.boiseonlinemall.com/storeframe.php?ID=495

Thursday, June 29, 2006
Tower Theatre
835 NW Wall Street
Bend, OR 97701
Doors: 6:00 PM
Show: 7:00 PM
Tickets: $24.00 gen adm/$35.00 reserved
Venue Phone: (541) 317-0700
http://www.towertheatre.org/
Note: Marcus will be supporting Dr. John as part of the Live at Tower series

Wednesday, July 5, 2006
PAC Plaza at Western Washington University
516 High Street
Bellingham, WA
Doors: 11:30 AM
Show: 12:00 PM
Venue Phone: (360) 650-3450
http://www.wwu.edu/

Saturday, July 8, 2006
Bend Summer Festival
Intersection of Oregon and Bond Street
Bend, OR
Show: 5:00 PM
http://www.bendsummerfestival.com/
Note: Marcus will be playing this outdoor festival with a full band! Stay tuned for details.
Friday July 14-Sunday July 16, 2006

NAMM Summer Session
Austin, TX
Note: Marcus will be exhibiting and showcasing for Fishman Transducers all three days!
Monday, July 17, 2006
The Belly Up
143 South Cedros Avenue
Solano Beach, CA 92075
Tickets: TBD
Ages: 21+
Venue Phone: (858) 481-8140
http://www.bellyup.com/
Note: Marcus will be supporting Nils Lofgren of the E-Street Band

Tuesday, July 18, 2006
The Coach House
33157 Camino Capistrano #C
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Show: 8:30 PM
Tickets: $20.00
Ages: TBD
Venue Phone: (949) 496-8930
http://www.thecoachhouse.com/
Note: Marcus will be supporting Nils Lofgren of the E-Street Band

Thursday, July 20, 2006
Solano County Fair
900 Fairgrounds Drive
Valejo, CA 94589
Venue Phone: (707) 551-2000
http://www.scfair.com/
Note: Marcus will be playing this outdoor festival with a full band! Stay tuned for details.

Saturday, July 22, 2006
Idaho City on the Rocks
Highway 21
Idaho City, ID
Show: 6:00 PM
Tickets: $15.00 day pass/$25.00 weekend pass/$20.00 early bird special
Venue Phone: (208) 336-0308
http://http://gruntwerks.net/idahocitymusicontherocks.htm

Saturday, July 29, 2006
Sawtooth Music festival
Pioneer Park
Airport Road
Stanley, ID
Tickets: $20.00 adults/$15.00 seniors over 55/kids under 12 get in free
http://http://www.sawtoothmusicfestival.com

Thanks for all your support and we hope to see you at the shows!

Team Marcus Eaton

Fluffy Posted - 05/22/2006 : 01:59:02 AM
Here's the review for Story of Now by Michael Deeds, Music and Entertainment writer, at The Idaho Statesman:

***1/2 stars out of 4

Marcus Eaton is ambitious in a way musicians ought to be.

He spent 40 days laying down tracks at The Tonic Room in Boise. Drummers flew in from out of state. A Vocals coach coaxed his singing to new heights. Eaton experimented with exotic insturments. Eventually, a Grammy-nominated engineer mastered the songs.

The gorgeous-sounding result, which Eaton is pre-selling at his Web site prior to a larger distribution, solidifes this 26-year-old as a singer, songwriter and guitarist to be reckoned with on a national scale.

Eaton's third album begs for high-end speakers. Or at least $100 headphones. Intricate acoustic guitar melodies, hip-pocket bass and subtle percussion enrich the sonics. Waves of electric guitar balance the strum of the cathartic opening track "Candle To The Sun." Sitar blossoms on multiple songs, lushly permeating the textured love ballad "Four Seasons Turn To Rain."

Backed by crack musicians including Garrett Sayers (bass, The Motet), Derico Watson (drums, Victor Wooten Band) and Kyle Aho (piano). Eaton blissfully annihilates anything he did with his former band, The Lobby. This music will appeal to fans of Dave Matthews, Howie Day or John Mayer. But compared with those musicians, Eaton is unapologetically challenging. Most songs are five minutes or longer. Bone-snapping time signatures are the norm; verses of Latin-influenced "Burn It Down" are performed in 13/8.

There is no obvious, lightweight radio single. Yet "Disposable" is anything but: It's a Police-like rocker with a chorus that lingers and lyrics that cut. (Throw your words around as if they were weapons/Look out, one of them may ricochet!" Eaton vents with a silky snarl.) Comparing Eaton to Sting may seem like a stretch. But, Eaton possesses a similarly smooth, open-armed quality. He transforms math-rock into approachable adult pop.

"Standing Still" glides like Seal's transcendent moments. It displays Eaton's multiple guitar personalities, as well as his vocal development. An increasingly commanding singer, Eaton showcases a soulful falsetto on the love-addidcted funk track "Drug." Romance and relationships are common themes, but Eaton also tackles politics: "With a leader who cannot lead/Take control of yourselves/That's when you'll succeed," he sings on the title track, which dissipates into a psychedelic guitar coda.

Eaton's intensity can become exhausting. Dude is heavy. By the time you reach the seven-minute finale, "End This War," you're craving a bit of pop fluff to rest your head on. But realize that "Story of Now" is a subplot in Eaton's career...an early subplot. With a self-produced gem like this to build upon, future Eaton chapters could border on master works.
sperls Posted - 04/24/2006 : 12:06:16 AM
Marcus and Tim are from a similar spaceship and it becomes so obvious after watching them play their hearts out on stage. Unbelievable and it should render most people speachless.

Cheers,
Ian
Fluffy Posted - 04/21/2006 : 05:11:31 AM
Attention: Those wanting to check out Marcus and find out what you have been missing, he will be guesting on The Mark & Brian show.

Marcus on Mark and Brian, April 21!

Nestled in between dates on the tour with Tim Reynolds, Marcus will once again be playing live on the Mark and Brian Radio Program 95.5 KLOS (http://www.955klos.com/markandbrian/) in Los Angeles. The April 21 appearance will mark his third in-studio performance and interview on the show. Mark and Brian are an absolute riot and you should definitely tune in at 9:00 AM (PST). If you do not get the Mark and Brian show in your area, please visit the KLOS website link above to check the show out online. Don't miss it if you can help it!! ENJOY!
blu666z Posted - 04/12/2006 : 7:26:07 PM
Marcus' new album is currently streaming on marcuseaton.com

-Kevin
Fluffy Posted - 04/04/2006 : 04:43:18 AM
Most recent post to Marcus' email list. It is of importance for those interested in getting an advance of his apparently limited release of his new CD. There is also an announcement of Marcus on the radio in LA while he is on TouR with us. Apparently anyone can listen on the website even if you don't live in the LA area. Here is the post:

Hello Everyone

Spring is here and with it, many exciting new things are on the horizon.

Marcus has been traveling and performing a lot, and he recently moved to Seattle.

Thanks to all who have attended the shows so far this year. It has been great meeting new people and seeing familiar faces alike. And now, here is the news:

April Tour with Tim Reynolds
From April 19-30, Marcus will be touring with his friend and musical hero Tim Reynolds (http://www.timreynolds.com/). Marcus says,” We had an amazing time on the road together last fall and I know there will be some special things in store for those of you who can make it to the shows.”

Beginning in Phoenix, AZ on April 19, the tour will take Marcus and Tim through many California cities in addition to a stop at Crystal Bay, NV’s Biltmore Tahoe on April 29. Marcus’s complete April itinerary is below, and further information can be found at http://www.marcuseaton.com/.

Marcus on Mark and Brian, April 21!
Nestled in between dates on the tour with Tim Reynolds, Marcus will once again be playing live on the Mark and Brian Radio Program 95.5 KLOS (http://www.955klos.com/markandbrian/) in Los Angeles. The April 21 appearance will mark his third in-studio performance and interview on the show. Mark and Brian are an absolute riot and you should definitely tune in at 9:00 AM (PST). If you do not get the Mark and Brian show in your area, please visit the KLOS website link above to check the show out online.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story of Now available April 18!!
Your patience has finally paid off! While Marcus is still working to officially release his forthcoming album, Story of Now, on a new record label, we will offer a limited number of advance copies for you, the fans! The album will be available on www.marcuseaton.com beginning on Tuesday, April 18. Shortly thereafter, we will announce a select number of retail outlets that will carry Story of Now. You can also pick up the album from April 19-30 on Marcus’ tour with Tim Reynolds (see below for more information).

Marcus began recording Story of Now on May 25th, 2005, and finished mastering the tracks at Sony Music Studios on December 2nd. Of the recording process Marcus says,” It was one of the most difficult and thrilling things that I have ever done. I am extremely pleased with it and I cannot wait until you hear the final product!”

Featuring drummer Derico Watson, bassist Garrett Sayers and pianist Kyle Aho, Story of Now was recorded and mixed at The Tonic Room Studios in Boise, ID and mastered by Grammy award winning engineer Vic Anesini at Sony Music Studios in New York City. From the opening rock melodies of “Candle to the Sun” to the reflective “End This War”, the album flows through moments of musical mastery, vocal bliss, and a stream of emotions that touch upon love, strength and unity.

Don’t delay! Get your copy on April 18 at www.marcuseaton.com!!

http://r5.vresp.com/?MarcusEaton/0a16ee8f4b/550393/90fa56f299/7a363d7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April's complete itinerary is as follows:

Saturday, 4/15/06
Port O’Call
72 ˝ West 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT
Doors: TBA
Show: 10:00 PM
Tickets: $4.00 adv/dos
Venue Phone: (801) 521-0589
http://www.portocall.com/
Headlining solo acoustic show

Weds., 4/19/06
The Rhythm Room
1019 E. Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ
Doors: 7:00 PM
Show: 8:00 PM
Tickets: $12 adv/$15 dos
Ages: TBA
Venue Phone: (602) 265-4842
http://www.rhythmroom.com/
with Tim Reynolds

Thursday, 4/20/06
Belly Up Tavern
143 South Cedros Ave
Solana Beach, CA
Doors: 8:00 PM
Show: 9:00 PM
Tickets: $12 adv/$14 dos
Venue Phone: (858) 481-8140
http://www.bellyup.com/
with Tim Reynolds

Friday, 4/21/06
The Mark and Brian Radio Program
KLOS
Los Angeles, CA
On-Air: 9:00 AM (PST)
http://www.955klos.com/markandbrianto listen live!

Friday, 4/21/06
The Coach House
33157 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Doors: 8:00 PM
Show: 9:00 PM
Tickets: $15
Venue Phone: (949) 496-8930
http://www.thecoachhouse.com/
with Tim Reynolds

Saturday, 4/22/06
The Mint
6010 West Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
Tickets: $15 adv/$17 dos
Venue Phone: (323) 954-8913
http://www.themintla.com/
with Tim Reynolds

Sunday, 4/23/06
Soho
1221 State St.
Santa Barbara, CA
Tickets: $12 adv/$15 dos
Venue Phone: (805) 962-7776
http://www.sohosb.com/
with Tim Reynolds

Tuesday, 4/25/06
Moe's Alley
1535 Commercial Way
Santa Cruz, CA
Show: TBA
Tickets: $13 adv/$15 dos
Venue Phone: (831) 479-1854
http://www.moesalley.com/
with Tim Reynolds

Friday, 4/28/06
Red Devil Lounge
1695 Polk Street
San Francisco, CA
SHow: TBA
Tickets: $15 adv/$18 dos
Venue Phone: (415) 921-1695
http://www.reddevillounge.com/
with Tim Reynolds

Saturday, 4/29/06
Breeze Tahoe Biltmore
5 State Hwy 28
Crystal Bay, NV
Show: TBA
Tickets: $17 adv/$20 dos
Venue Phone: (800) 245-8667
http://www.renegadeshows.com/
with Tim Reynolds

Sunday, 4/30/06
Chico Women's Club
592 East 3rd St
Chico, CA
Tickets: $20 adv/$23 dos
Venue Phone: (530) 345-8136
http://www.chicotickets.com/
with Tim Reynolds

Thank you all for the continued support. See you at the shows!

TEAM MARCUS
Fluffy Posted - 03/26/2006 : 01:03:22 AM
I don't think we have anyone on our board from SLC, UT, but just in case someone is or someone from that area stops by, Marcus Eaton has a show at:

Port O' Call
400 S West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
(801) 521-0589
21+
Date: Saturday, April 15th, 2006

Fluffy Posted - 03/26/2006 : 12:52:19 AM
Marcus' most recent email to his email list:

Hello Marcus Eaton Fans!

Marcus will be headlining two shows this week in Idaho and Washington.
March 23 will see Marcus back in McCall, ID at the Common Ground Cafe, and on March 24, he will be performing at Bourbon Street at The Big Easy in Spokane, WA. Both shows will be chances to get up-close-and-personal, so tell all your friends and get ready for a great night of music. Specific show information is below.

Marcus has been incredibly busy lately, preparing for another 9-city tour with Tim Reynolds in April and writing some amazing new material.
Additionally, in the coming days, we will finally be making an announcement about the new album, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, visit www.marcuseaton.com and www.myspace.com/marcus_eaton for frequently updated studio and live tracks.

Thursday, March 23, 2006
Common Ground Cafe
303 East Colorado Street
McCall, ID 83638
Venue Phone: (208) 634-2846
Doors: 5:00 PM
Tickets: $7.00
Information: www.commongroundcafe.net

Friday, March 24, 2006
Bourbon Street at The Big Easy
919 West Sprague Avenue
Spokane, WA 99201
Venue Phone: (509) 244-3279
Tickets: $5.00
Information: www.bigeasyconcerts.com

Hope to see you at the shows!

The Marcus Eaton Team
Fluffy Posted - 02/14/2006 : 10:15:26 AM
Here is a link to another thread on TR's message board with a DVD torrent of Marcus Eaton from Pocatello, ID 12/22/05:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6582
Fluffy Posted - 02/10/2006 : 9:04:29 PM
Surprise, surprise, TR gets alot of props from Marcus on Pt 2 of the Podcast. Check it out, definitely worth a listen.

Once again, thats:

Part 1

http://mp3.bandtrax.podshow.com/BandTrax1_25_06.mp3

Part 2

http://mp3.bandtrax.podshow.com/BandTrax1_27_06.mp3

RIGHT CLICK, AND SAVE LINK AS
Fluffy Posted - 02/10/2006 : 7:56:13 PM
The latest from the Marcus camp:

Dear Friends-

Now that the holidays are over, we can all take a sigh of relief and look forward to a great 2006. Here’s the latest on a few things that are happening with Marcus.

PODCAST DOWNLOAD

Marcus has just recorded a live, two part podcast which features songs from his forthcoming album “Story of Now.” (It is FREE for iPod owners and non-iPod owners alike). Part one includes an interview with Marcus, the album track Standing Still, and live recording of Road To Home. Part two consists of an interview with Marcus, the album track Drug, and a live recording of an unreleased song entitled Who You Are. It is all FREE!

Non iPod users can click follow the link for part 1 of the show:
http://mp3.bandtrax.podshow.com/BandTrax1_25_06.mp3

Part 2
http://mp3.bandtrax.podshow.com/BandTrax1_27_06.mp3 RIGHT CLICK, AND SAVE LINK AS

iPod (iTunes) users can click the following link for part 1 of the show.
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73802658

The enhanced iTunes version 6 also includes live photos which will display on your iPod screens during playback.

If you cannot check out one of the following links, this podcast will air on Sirius Radio Channel 103 (podshow music rewind) on Tuesday January 31st.

*Part two of the show will air on Wednesday, February 1st. (Please refer to the above links for part two). It will also air on Sirius radio channel 103 on the following Tuesday, February 7th.

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND OPENERS

If everyone would take a moment to click on the following link and help by voting for your top 5 requests to open for Dave Matthews Band this coming tour, it would be appreciated. Maybe if you felt so inclined you could write in the name of one Marcus Eaton…who knows, it may work.

Link:
http://www.dmband.com/surveys/OpenerSurvey.asp

TOUR INFORMATION

Marcus will be opening for Buckethead in Seattle and Portland in February. Here are the details:

Friday, February 17th
Seattle, Washington
Neumos
925 E. Pike St.
7pm – All Ages show
$15.00 advanced through TicketsWest / $17.00 Day of show
www.neumos.com

Saturday, February 18th
Portland, Oregon
Dante’s
1 SW 3rd Avenue & Burnside
9pm – 21+ ages
$15.00 advanced through TicketsWest / $17.00 Day of show
www.danteslive.com
Fluffy Posted - 02/10/2006 : 7:01:59 PM
As jsemon2 pointed out, with all this talk of Marcus I felt like he needed his own thread, so here it is. Here is an email from Marcus to his email list about his new CD:
quote:
I am hopeful that everyone is enjoying some much needed R&R from school and work. It was this time last year when I wrote to inform you that Glenn and I had rolled my Yukon (December 6th to be precise), so this year has taken a much brighter turn. We are still alive! I have finally finished recording my new album which is entitled 'Story of Now’. This was no small feat! Recording actually began in September, 2004 in Hollywood, CA. We had so many setbacks (gear, time, performance, equipment problems etc.) that a full album worth of material was set aside. I originally intended to re-record certain tracks, but it became apparent that there were too many issues and the recording was ditched all together. I then set forth with the production of a completely new album, which began on May 26th. I gathered the lineup of musicians from around the U.S. and they all flew in to Boise to play their parts. Derico Watson (from The Victor Wooten Band) from Nashville on drums, Garrett Sayers (from The Motet) from Boulder, CO on bass, and Kyle Aho (independent) from Boston, on keys. Twelve songs were recorded, plus a few extras, and the final album was whittled down to eleven tunes. One of the many highlights of this album was the mastering at Sony Studios in New York by the Grammy Award Nominated Vic Anesini. What a difference a year makes! The track listing is as follows:

1- Candle to the Sun
2- Story of Now
3- Standing Still
4- Drug
5- Victims of What's Available
6- Burn it down
7- Disposable
8- Four Seasons Turn to Rain
9- Stranger in My Homeland
10- Road to Home
11- End This War

I anticipate a release sometime in February or March. I am negotiating with a few record labels to see who will release and distribute the album. I will keep you informed. The CD absolutely rocks!! 2006 will bring some exciting twists and turns and the release of the album which has taken years to create. It will also bring me closer (more often) to you all. I look forward to a breakout year and busy tour schedule. Thanks to all who made it to the shows this year. An extra special thanks also to Tim Reynolds, Fluffy Centner, and Tim Rewour – tour companions, advocates and pals. Fluffy, we could not have done any of this without you. Thanks to Glenn, for being a great friend, driver (sometimes, haha) and soundman. Thanks to Amy Stocker, Ian Sperling and Keith Distel as well. Obviously there are too many people to name everyone personally, but I appreciate all of you. I had a wonderful time playing for you all this year. Missoula, MT was a very memorable show as well as both nights at the Crocodile with Tim, and The Aladdin Theater with Edwin McCain. Thanks to all involved for those shows. I can't wait for next year's list. Have a terrific Holiday Season and a Happy New Year. Keep in touch.

PEACE, LOVE and ALL OF THE ABOVE, MARCUS EATON

Here is an interview from the Boise Weekly with Marcus as well:
quote:
JANUARY 25, 2006
Story of Now
Marcus Eaton is destined for stardom

When I got to the coffee shop where Marcus Eaton and I had agreed to meet at for an interview, I realized that I didn't know what he looked like. I ordered a latte, and, with pen nd reporter's notebook in hand, I sat down and waited. Each time the door opened, I looked up expectantly. I had not met Eaton before and I had only an e-mailed photo as reference. Several men who walked into the coffee shop looked a little nervous as they got a raised-eyebrow "are you the guy I'm waiting for?" gaze from me. When Eaton did arrive, I knew it had to be him because, one, someone had told me he was quite handsome, and, two, the guy walking in the door gave me the same look I'd been giving everyone else.

Eaton's easy smile, short, wavy blonde hair, cool glasses and casual attire give him a boy-next-door appearance. But on closer inspection, the carefree boy-next-door looked like a tired grown-up. Understandable, as he just finished work on his latest opus, Story of Now.

Story of Now is scheduled for a spring 2006 release. It's an hour of emotional, engaging and complicated music. He spent six months at the Tonic Room Studios working on the album--three recording it and three perfecting it. As the first full-length album for both the studio and Eaton as a solo artist, it was important on every level that this project be as close to perfect as possible. To achieve that, Eaton followed what he believes to be one of the most important rules in music: recognize talent. On this album he made sure to surround himself with musicians, producers and managers as dedicated to the process as he was. He even had the CD mastered by Grammy Award-winner Vic Anesini. From the first notes on the first track of the CD, it is clear that the production value of each song is as important as each performance.

No song on the CD is less than four minutes long and several contain complex time signatures. The songs blur genres lines right out of existence with a multitude of instrumentation and thoughtful, thought-provoking lyrics. "Burn It Down" has Latin beats, surprising and elegant chord changes, and Eaton's signature lyrical content. "Victims of What's Available" has a dizzying range of percussion, much of which Eaton performed himself. His songs have layers upon layers of sound and have a fullness often lacking in modern pop music. Every note and beat is sharply defined and exactly where Eaton wants it. His best instrument, his voice, is perfectly tuned and is somehow raw and refined at the same time.

As hard as Eaton worked to maintain his artistic integrity, he still (intentionally) created a commercial product. He's no dummy: He knows that to be a successful, professional musician his album has to sell. To sell the album, people have to hear it. To hear it, people have to know about it, which is why as he shops around for the right label, good promotion and touring support has to be part of the deal. Fortunately, he loves playing and touring so the more live performance dates a label can arrange, the better. And, unlike many musicians, there's not a disappointing difference between his live and recorded performances. With Eaton, what you hear is what you get whether it's from a CD in your car stereo, live on a small stage or from across a huge arena. And it's always good.

On January 12, the Egyptian Theatre premiered the locally produced film, Autumn Angel. Making it a full night of performance, Eaton was slated to play before the movie began. There were some obvious technical difficulties, and most of the crowd had come out to see the film and were not shy about voicing their disappointment about sitting through Eaton's performance. People talked and milled around while he was on stage. Some loud-mouth even screamed "Start the movie!" Eaton had to start and stop and re-start several songs. But, when everything was finally in place and he began to play, it was beautiful. Watching Eaton play is poetry in motion. Even loud-mouth mellowed out. Eaton has an uncanny sense of timing, plays a mean guitar and boy, has he got a set of pipes.

At 25 (yes, he's only 25), Eaton has a worldliness about him that belies his young age. He has been playing guitar since he was 9 and shows no signs of stopping. He has seen his share of success (with his band, The Lobby, and with a live solo CD), but Story of Now may just be Eaton's ticket to the big time. He better get rested up, though, because once the CD hits the shelves, there's going to be little time for sleep.

http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A157890

Last but certainly not least, here is Marcus version of the events at the Boulder show where he got to play a song with TR for the first TIMe:
quote:
My comrade Doug Baker was opening for Tim and I happened to be in Boulder. I was planning on attending the TR show and saying hello to Tim, however I needed to kill some time. I headed across the street into one of my favorite record shops, Albums on the Hill. I then received the message that Doug was trying to get a hold of me. (He also works there.) I called him and he invited me to play a tune with him. He wanted to play my song Drug.

Everyone was downstairs in the newly remodeled greenroom at The Fox Theater where I had the pleasure of meeting Tim’s wife. It was awesome to catch up with Tim, because we had a great time on the road during the fall.

One of the things I talked to Tim about (on the road) was the fact that I had transcribed many of his tunes. I asked him for some help with his song Impermanence and showed him some others I had worked up.

Skip-back to the Fox. Tim asked me to show Dianne Is anyone here, one of his songs off of his album See into your Soul. I began playing and she was quite impressed that I had played it so accurately…I was a little anxious, playing one of my heroes songs for my hero! I ran through some of the other songs of Tim’s and had him help me through some chords when Dianne suggested that we play a song together. Something close to; “I would never suggest that anyone play with Tim, but you definitely should.” Tim was game and we agreed to play one of my favorites You are my Sanity.

Believe me, at this point I was jumping for joy, anticipating joining one of my idols on stage.
I do not want to downplay how much fun it was to jam with Doug. He is full of smiles and heart and it is music for the pure joy of it. Drug was great and we had a blast.

Now I am downstairs listening for Tim to invite me onstage. I hear him say my name and I emerge from the shadows of the basement. From now on, I am floating. Tim tells me how he will count the song in and that I will take the first solo in the solo section. 1-2-3- 1-2-3 and we are off.
Now, usually while joining someone on stage one is not playing the exact same part, but rather and accompanying piece. But, Tim and I were playing an exact unison part together. It sounded like one thunderous acoustic. Much like an album with doubled guitars.

I forgot the crowd was there. Everything disappeared except for Tim and me. Tim had an expression on his face, where I knew he had gone to the same place as me. Each note we played was like dropping ballast from a hot air balloon, propelling us further in the air.
All too quickly the song was over. Tim opened his eyes and with a smile, gave me an enormous hug.

He announced my name to the audience and I announced him, with no mic. I then walked to the mic and said “Tim Reynolds is my hero, by the way.”

After the show, I thanked Tim for the best on-stage moment of my life thus far. To my surprise, he thought it was one of his as well and explained to me that it was every bit as fun as playing with Stanley Jordan (which he had recently done.) He was very touched and so was I. I have a feeling we will get to do it again very soon. Hopefully all of you can be there next time. According to Dianne, I am the first person to join Tim on stage for one of his solo shows. I am honored.

As soon as I get the pictures developed, I will post them on the site.

MARCUS

that was from Marcus' message board at the following link:

http://burnitdown.proboards58.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1137024823

It was originally posted on our message board, if you want to read more about that evening, at the following link:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6508

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000