I'm off to Nelly Furtado, Lucky Me.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2002 :  8:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"?"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2002 :  9:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ewwww....isn't she the chick that sings I'm like a bird or something like that?

*shudder*

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2002 :  01:37:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2002 :  11:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Indeed she is, at least Citizen Cope opened. He was well worth it. Check him out, if you don't know him. He just has a new record out about 3 weeks ago. He used to be the DJ for Basehead.

Quick Review:
February 4, 2002

With a languid drawl that evokes both Sting and Everlast, and quasi hip-hop stylings from producer Bob Power (D'Angelo, Tribe Called Quest), the major label debut from the man known as Citizen Cope offers up the latest in singer-songwriter cool, in which the white urban (cow)boy walks the line between indie pop and hip hop.
Though the record is bolstered by a number of strongly written tunes (like the simple, melancholy "Comin' Back" and "Holdin' On"), tracks like "Contact" and "Mistaken Identity" maintain an oddly tempered lushness: neither too "rock" nor too "rap," they feel as one-dimensional, in their genre-hopping way, as a Jamiroquai record can.

Greenwood, who worked on mid-'90s albums by acts like Basehead, hasn't changed his M.O. all that much since: For the most part, Citizen Cope offers medium-grooved funk with dubbed drums, though on his disc's best numbers Cope (a.k.a. Clarence Greenwood) seems to have assimilated the pathos of Ryan Adams and the gruff quirkiness of Beck into his urban hymns.

Brad Cawn
CDNOW Contributing Writer

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1521041733/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=CITIZEN+COPE/itemid=1421764

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2002 :  12:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
uuuuuummmmmmmm.......who's Stringfellow Hawk?

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2002 :  12:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You have just shown how young you are, PCBDMB. Obviously Silky is just as old as others of us here on the message board.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2002 :  12:30:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The actor is Jan Michael Vincent, I guess it is some character he played somewhere along the line. You are gonna have to ask Silky about that one. Wasn't there some short-run TV series about a helicopter pilot named Hawk. I am not really sure, I am just grasping at straws. Anyway, check out JMV in Damnation Alley. Now that is a great book and movie. I know, I know, you haven't seen it, you left it in your other coat. Well you better find that coat cause there are alot of great movies in there.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2002 :  12:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah.....where the hell did I put it?!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2002 :  12:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's not with your badge is it?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2002 :  12:46:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe! Hey Fluffy...next TIMe you're in the neighborhood of Uranus, could you poke around to see if you can find both?.....thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2002 :  12:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As I mentioned in another post, I avoid Uranus like the plague. The likelihood of me poking around Uranus and finding them is highly unlikely. But I am sure with all those other people poking around Uranus someone could find them for you.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  5:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe I thought he was common knowledge... kinda like Michael Knight. But you don't have to be that old to remember him... I'm only 22. I still can't remember the name of the show that had the motorcycle that was like Kit.
-J

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  6:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Air Wolfe.. I loved that show.

I watched Air Wolfe and Knight Rider every day growing up.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  7:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Who's Michael Knight? And what's Air Wolfe?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  8:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You got it... but can anyone remember the name of the show that had the tricked out motorcycle that was on right about the same time? For the life of me I can't remember what it was called.
-J

Go to Top of Page

thewayfarer
Is Anybody Here?

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  11:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Streethawk.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly