Website updated... you savages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2001 :  11:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes its updated, fluffy has delivered!

peace

Timmah!

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2001 :  11:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow, hes playing leelines? cool. thanks for the updates, fluffy and jon!

Danger Real Wobinson

he played that a few times, i wonder what it is. And i wonder what some of the other jams sound like.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2001 :  11:45:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Depeche Mode
Sade
Dave Maffews
Mick Jagger(s lips)

I wonder what these are.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2001 :  4:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BOOOOOOOOOOO

Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2001 :  8:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
why booooooooo?

later

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2001 :  9:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So Erich or Kevin (or anyone) what are the shows like? Mostly acoustic or middle or mostly electric or effects or what? I don't know the songs by name well enough to know one way or the other, but I would like to know what's going on with them. Just a vague idea, at least?

Thanks,

-Jason-

Silence is one great art of conversation.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2001 :  11:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to two shows this week... wed and thurs so I'll be sure to let you know. From one of Fluffy's posts though it sounds like a little bit of everything, with electric for the encore.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2001 :  06:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where to start. Depeche Mode and Sade are covers by those artists but Tim does not remember the titles of the songs as he does not know the lyrics. Mick Jagger lips is a spontaneous improv piece(one of the made up names) It comes from one of our favorite TR imitations. A imitation of Mick Jagger introducing Dave Matthews at a show they performed together at. Mick kept going "Dave Maffews, Dave Maffews, David Maffews!"(read with Mick Jagger accent) Tim does a great imitation of it and he loves to tell that story. It really cracks him up. I don't know why that popped into his mind while he was writing the setlist, but who can figure out how Tims mind works. If you notice we opted not to put the Dave Maffews reference on the stage copy, we were scared that people might think Dave was gonna show up at the end of the set. The next time it was on the set list we decided noone would be dumb enuf to believe Mick Jagger and Dave Matthews were gonna show up so we lightned up and put it on. Now you know as much as we do! AS for the shows, They are still mostly acoustic some with effects others without. He uses the Baritone on 2 or 3 songs a nite and usually finishes with an encore using the SG. This could all change as Tim gets more comfortable with the effects units and instruments. Only TIMe will tell! Who knows what is in store for us as the tour progresses. Tim really takes it day by day. See my comments in the thread about Tim taking requests, if you want to understand better how Tim approaches each show. Each show really is a STREAM of consciousness for that day. It keeps every show interesting and unique. Tim would never cheat and just use the same set from last night. It is more about what he is feeling on any given day. That is why the request thing is so hard for him. It song really has to be there for him on that day. Hope this little bit of insight helps.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000