Cup Of Joe???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  2:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone like coffee or any kind of coffee stuff, if so what kind/flavor???

*~Kaleigh~*

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  3:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I prefer two shots of espresso with a little bit of ice.

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  5:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't understand the coffee obession so many people have. maybe it's just the caffine.

get in the car, little girl.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  5:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rew and TR are Starbucks fanatics. Last tour it was the Sumatra(sp?)blend. We carried our own french press for the dressing rooms and hotels. Once we drove 45 mins the wrong direction one morning just so they could have Starbucks. I was stressing, but not because of lack of coffee. HEHE With the french press, if there wasn't a starbucks nearby they just made their own and filled up their thermos' and off we went. Those guys and their coffee.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  5:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

i don't understand the coffee obession so many people have. maybe it's just the caffine.

I was watching a rerun of Newsradio (GREAT show...sad Phil Hartman died) where Phil has to quit smoking so he made Dave Foley quit drinking coffee.

Someone went into his office and he was drinking juice. He said in a quirky anxious voice...

"I don't know what caffeine does for you exactly, but I'm pretty sure if you don't have it your head caves in"

---------------

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  5:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm sure a lot of people who are slaves to the chemical would agree.
newsradio was a great show. consistanly funny.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  5:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think caffeine and nicotine are bad addictions (I unfortunately have both) but being addicted to them does have benefits. No matter what the problem is, if I haven't had a cigarette in the last two hours and have one I'm calm. Whenever I get a headache I drink something with caffeine and it goes away (fyi: the secret ingrediant that makes Excedrin work better than Advil is caffeine)

---------------

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  6:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sounds real easy to deal with problems, then. just ingest this or that.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  6:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

sounds real easy to deal with problems, then. just ingest this or that.

Those flames are getting pretty hot!

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  6:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Caramel Frapachino from Starbuck's is... dare I say... orgasmic.
-J

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  6:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, i'm sorry, dude. whatever floats your boat, i guess.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  6:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Eh... caffeine doesn't do anything for me, so I honestly like it for the taste. As much as I love it I very rarely drink it. I really should get it more often.
-J

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  6:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-J

I think I may be the only person in the world that doesn't like frappuchinos - I think they're too rich.

When I need something cold from Starbucks I get a Tazoberry and creme w/ 2 pumps vanilla. Now THAT'S orgasmic ;-)

---------------

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  7:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-J

I think I may be the only person in the world that doesn't like frappuchinos - I think they're too rich.

When I need something cold from Starbucks I get a Tazoberry and creme w/ 2 pumps vanilla. Now THAT'S orgasmic

---------------

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  7:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've not had one... what is it? It too sounds like it could be a spoogerama.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  8:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm italian and its virtually impossible to go through a day without espresso

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  10:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have been able to not drink coffee in the morning or ever. I only drink frapp once and awile, vanilla. From the gas station.

"Women and rhythm section first."
Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Adopt your own useless blob!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  11:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Coffee, black. Mornings only, except on some fancy nights when I have dessert. I HATE Starbucks coffee. Their mixed coffee drinks are good tho. Their black coffee tastes burned to me. Probably is. But all the other stuff is good to me. I like espresso. I like espresso drinks. Especially mochas and lattes. Any variety, esp with vanilla or french vanilla.

As you can see, I'm not picky. I'll take my coffee any way I can get it.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  04:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't mention mine because they aren't coffe, but since everyone seems to be going in alot of directions with this. At the daily Starbucks stop I go for the Venti Tazoberry(no whipped cream thank you) or White Chocolate Mocha Frappacino. Neither is orgasmic but I have to get something when we stop. Orgasmic for me is Fruit Smoothees. MMMMMMMM

therippa said:
quote:
if I haven't had a cigarette in the last two hours and have one I'm calm. Whenever I get a headache I drink something with caffeine and it goes away (fyi: the secret ingrediant that makes Excedrin work better than Advil is caffeine)

A few observations and comments about your statement. If you have a headache and it goes away with caffeine you are physically addicted to caffeine. The headache is withdrawl. Rew has the same problem. If he doesn't have his morning coffee headache. I know quite alot about caffiene addiction thanx to my younger days. It is one of the reasons I try and stay away from it now. As for the cigarette, I have a theory on this. It is only MY theory. The coffee thing I know for a fact and almost any doctor will back me up on that. The following cigarette comment is only MY theory. First, Fact:Nicotine is a stimulant not a depressant. So in it shouldn't relax you, it is a stimulant. I believe that people only believe that cigarettes relax them because of what they do when they smoke a cigarette. Say you get aggravated at a situation, you stop and smoke a cigarette and you feel more relaxed. What you have actually done is 1)Stop doing whatever is aggravating you 2)Slowed down and started taking long deep breaths(albiet breaths of carcinagens and nicotine). I think it is not the cigarette persay that relaxes you. It is stopping doing whatever is aggravating you and taking long deep breaths. How many TIMes have you heard some one say Calm down, relax, take deep breaths. I think people are attributing their relaxed state to the cigarette when it is the actions of smoking the cigarette that ultimately cause the relaxation. If you were to kick smoking and then the next TIMe you felt aggravated if you stopped what you were doing, took yourself out of that situation and took some deep breaths you would find the same relaxing effects. It is ridiculous to believe that a stimulant relaxes you. It is just not chemically possible. Lastly a comment: Did you know Advil causes serious hemorrhoids in 1 out of 10 of it's users? It is a fact, be careful Advil users.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  12:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I didn't mention mine because they aren't coffe, but since everyone seems to be going in alot of directions with this. At the daily Starbucks stop I go for the Venti Tazoberry(no whipped cream thank you) or White Chocolate Mocha Frappacino. Neither is orgasmic but I have to get something when we stop. Orgasmic for me is Fruit Smoothees. MMMMMMMM

therippa said:
quote:
if I haven't had a cigarette in the last two hours and have one I'm calm. Whenever I get a headache I drink something with caffeine and it goes away (fyi: the secret ingrediant that makes Excedrin work better than Advil is caffeine)

A few observations and comments about your statement. If you have a headache and it goes away with caffeine you are physically addicted to caffeine. The headache is withdrawl. Rew has the same problem. If he doesn't have his morning coffee headache. I know quite alot about caffiene addiction thanx to my younger days. It is one of the reasons I try and stay away from it now. As for the cigarette, I have a theory on this. It is only MY theory. The coffee thing I know for a fact and almost any doctor will back me up on that. The following cigarette comment is only MY theory. First, Fact:Nicotine is a stimulant not a depressant. So in it shouldn't relax you, it is a stimulant. I believe that people only believe that cigarettes relax them because of what they do when they smoke a cigarette. Say you get aggravated at a situation, you stop and smoke a cigarette and you feel more relaxed. What you have actually done is 1)Stop doing whatever is aggravating you 2)Slowed down and started taking long deep breaths(albiet breaths of carcinagens and nicotine). I think it is not the cigarette persay that relaxes you. It is stopping doing whatever is aggravating you and taking long deep breaths. How many TIMes have you heard some one say Calm down, relax, take deep breaths. I think people are attributing their relaxed state to the cigarette when it is the actions of smoking the cigarette that ultimately cause the relaxation. If you were to kick smoking and then the next TIMe you felt aggravated if you stopped what you were doing, took yourself out of that situation and took some deep breaths you would find the same relaxing effects. It is ridiculous to believe that a stimulant relaxes you. It is just not chemically possible. Lastly a comment: Did you know Advil causes serious hemorrhoids in 1 out of 10 of it's users? It is a fact, be careful Advil users.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy [img]fluff_alien.gif">[img]yinyang.gif">[img]skull.gif">[img]bigeyes2.gif">[img]censored.gif">[img]weeping.gif">[img]kitty.gif">[img]sonar.gif">[img]darkside.gif">

I'm not necessarily addicted to caffeine as much as I used to be. My caffeine headache-theory is not because I'm so addicted to it that I have withdrawls, but rather the caffeine thins your blood out and lets things circulate better.

As for your cigarette theory Fluffy, I agree. A bunch of us in high school kinda came to that conclusion and also came up with the idea that the reason people smoke is because it gives them something to do in their down-time (like waiting for your ride from school).

btw - I knew someone who had that Advil hemmerroid problem! ouch!

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  02:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a friend suffering thru it now. He is going on 2 months. He has sought the advice of others suffering the same thing and the prognosis is not good. Some of them have not been able to shake them(bad pun)for close to 6 months. Whatta pain in the ass.(LITERALLY)

Cup of Joe? Or another....

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  10:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've never really understood the whole coffee thing. It just tastes bad to me......but that's me. If I'm at work in the morning.....I just go to the fridge and grab a Coke. If I'm at home.....then I don't get up in the morning...but if I did need to, I consider my morning shower my morning coffee.

Also...since I haven't replied to this thread yet......News Radio rules! My favorite episode is when Dave Foley thinks Phil Hartman's character is doing everything to annoy him. Like when he eats his cereal, it's in slow-motion and really, really loud. Does anyone know when it's on? because I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Lastly......that is an interesting theory Fluffy....and it could be quite true. I'll talk to my dad about that who smoked for some digity-odd years (Simpsons reference).

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  02:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Also...since I haven't replied to this thread yet......News Radio rules! My favorite episode is when Dave Foley thinks Phil Hartman's character is doing everything to annoy him. Like when he eats his cereal, it's in slow-motion and really, really loud. Does anyone know when it's on? because I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

It's syndicated on UPN...in the Bay Area it's on at midnight.

---------------

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  6:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I'll look into it. The kewl thing about the cable at my house is that you can search for shows by their title, so I check it out once I get home. I also found Mystery Science Theater 3000 that way. Saturdays at 9 A.M. on the Sci-Fi Channel.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  1:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
News Radio is one of my alltime favorite shows. Too bad I hardly ever watch tv.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  3:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks! I'll look into it. The kewl thing about the cable at my house is that you can search for shows by their title, so I check it out once I get home. I also found Mystery Science Theater 3000 that way. Saturdays at 9 A.M. on the Sci-Fi Channel.

You need TiVo!!! It's more addictive than caffeine!

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  3:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Care to tell us any more about TiVo? I know nothing about it. That's no surprise, huh?

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  4:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What do you care? You don't even have a TV!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  4:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But I do have caffeine. And if it's more addictive than that...then give it to me.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  4:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Touche!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  9:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Touche!

What's the proper response to that?

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  9:35:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't think there's supposed to be one.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  9:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well then...

Touche!

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  9:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think I have one..........Fuck you!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  01:04:21 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fuckyouche!

-what-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  06:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy here is an exception to the stimulant theory.

Ritalin

What is methylphenidate?
• Methylphenidate is a mild stimulant to the central nervous system (brain and nerves). The exact way that methylphenidate works is unknown.
• Methylphenidate is used to treat attention deficit disorder (ADD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and narcolepsy.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  3:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fuckyouche!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  10:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of coffee... I tried the new 'one sweet whirled' ice cream the other day (not because of the DMB endorsement), and it is really good stuff. Coffee ice cream + caramel + marshmellow + fudge = orgasmic.
-J

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2002 :  10:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You are right about that Silky. I love it!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2002 :  8:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If only they made it with Vanilla ice cream!!! I bet that would taste awesome too.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  10:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OSW ice cream is REALLY good, but the serving size is probably like one half of a teaspoon or something. It's probably not all that good for you.

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  03:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I understand that Ritalin is an exception to the stimulant theory, but I wasn't talking about ALL stimulants, I was referring to the specific stimulant nicotene that was being discussed. I would never try to preach about something I know very little about. Stimulants, as a whole, is far to broad a subject for such a generalized comment. I was referring to cigarettes particularly, not all stimulants.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  7:47:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT for the Coffee=Crack topic

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  11:04:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As for the discussion about caffeine and headaches, I think that caffeine may help a headache even when the person's not addicted, because if you look on a bottle of Excedrin (pain relievers especially for headaches), the ingredients are acetomenophen (tylenol), aspirin, and CAFFEINE. I didn't believe this theory until I saw this.

Maybe the caffeine in combination with the other two ingredients is what does the trick, i'm not sure. It's interesting though.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  12:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

OSW ice cream is REALLY good, but the serving size is probably like one half of a teaspoon or something. It's probably not all that good for you.

Yeah, I think it's phenomenal. One day I ate an entire bucket of it (or whatever they call those things) and the next day I was hurting. Definitely a food designed to be used in moderation.

As far as coffee goes, I like Iced Cappucino from TIM Horton's when I'm up north. Too bad they don't have them down here. Anyone familiar with them? Anyone from southern Canada or near the great lakes I imagine would be.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  4:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually we stopped at one on the last tour in Granville OH. We were surprised and excited to see that they sold something called "TIMBITS", HEHE. Of course I got pictures of our trip to TIM hortons and the TIMbits, but alas, they are not posted yet. If someone can post pics, I would be happy to send them a copy of the TIMBITS photo so they can post it on the board for all to see.

(We could not find a STARBUCKS, and I don't think T'n'T were very excited about the coffee at TIM's, but we all got a good laugh out of the TIMbits.)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  4:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe I didnt' see this post before. I'm a weirdo, I drink caffene free pop all the time, but I love coffee. My idea behind it is that I don't get caffene UNLESS i have coffee. And when I have coffee, then it actually has an effect. This really comes from my job. I work two 13 hour shifts a week, and I NEED coffee to get through them. If I have pop all the time, with caffene, I'm like asleep by the time my shifts over.

As far as the KIND of coffee I like, I love to get 4 shot Caffe Lattes and Carmel Macchiatos at Starbucks.

Theres a great coffee house in Coralville/Iowa City called Terrapin Coffee Brewery. We actually went there AFTER the TR show from April 2001!!

Adam
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  6:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Actually we stopped at one on the last tour in Granville OH. We were surprised and excited to see that they sold something called "TIMBITS", HEHE. Of course I got pictures of our trip to TIM hortons and the TIMbits, but alas, they are not posted yet. If someone can post pics, I would be happy to send them a copy of the TIMBITS photo so they can post it on the board for all to see.

(We could not find a STARBUCKS, and I don't think T'n'T were very excited about the coffee at TIM's, but we all got a good laugh out of the TIMbits.)

LOL, I liked it cause there was one a bock from my house and I got used to it. Granted, not the best coffee shop in the world...but it did the job and it was cheap. If you just want someone to post it in a thread, I'll give it a shot. If you find someone else to post them, CC me! =) CPPJames@aol.com

James

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  7:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You got mail!! Hopefully everyone will be able to see them SOON!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  7:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing the images!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2003 :  04:59:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx CPPJames, they look great and whatta great deal, TIMbits for 12 cents each. I would like to book TR for a solid 2 hours of TIMbits! What will my total be? Whatever it is, it's not enuf! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2003 :  12:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hahaha, no problem. For anyone actually interested in this, Tim Horton's was named after a guy who played for the Toronto Maple Leafs a long TIMe ago. I think he founded the store and perished in a horrific car crash not long after that. So as much as I'd like to think they had TR in mind, it's not the case, haha.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2003 :  02:06:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't the donut shop in Waynes World a parody of the whole Tim Horton thing?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2003 :  10:05:21 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Come to think of it...I vaguely recall something like that. I'll have to rent that movie again, lol. Come to think of it, that sounds more than familiar.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2003 :  6:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Carowinds Amusement Park has a Stan Mikita's restaurant based on the Donut shop in Wayne's World. Here is what their website has to say about it:

Type: Counter service

Price: 5-8 dollars

Description: It's a reprodoction of the Stan Mikita's Donut shop in the Wayne's World movies. Instead of donuts they have burgers and fries, and instead of the "Married with Children" guy working inside there are surly teenagers who hate you and don't know how to run a register. It should be interesting to see how Carowinds deals with this restaraunt considering they have dropped most references to Wayne's World in the park.

If I am not mistaken, Stan Mikita was supposed to be(or may have actually been)a ex-hockey star who opened a chain of donut shops which happened to be one of Wayne and Garths fave hangouts. In the films, Ed O'Neill(Al Bundy)played Glen, the I'd-rather-be-somewhere-else manager of Waynes favorite hangout. Seems like to much of a coicidence that Tim Hortons and Stan Mikitas are both donut shops owned by ex-hockey stars. Since Waynes World is set in the part of the world where you say Tim Hortons are from I would assume that it is some kind of parody or they couldn't get the rights to use Tim Hortons so they created a ex-hockey player owned shop of their own for the movie. Anyway, interesting(not really)stuff.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2003 :  7:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That IS kinda interesting (not really). Haha, I dunno. I'd have to look into it, and knowing how boring I am lately...I probably will. Tim Horton's first store was in Hamilton, ON I believe. I'll get back to you .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000