Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I was lucky enough to see the Flecktones
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2002 :  5:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, where to begin, well I know there is another topic on this so a few of you understand my speechlessness. It was an absolutely amazing concert. First off it was the first show I've even seen at a performing arts center. The crowd was soooo diverse, I mean there were college kids, hippies, fine dressed elders, music classes, and everything in between, but one thing we all had in common, was that there was dead silence during the show which is always great!

The setlist (which I got a copy of with Bela, Vic and Jeff's signitures on) mostly consisted of new songs that sounded great. The opener called "next" on the setlist was the best. Right before intermission, the band left except Vic, and he proceeded to play a 20-30 min solo, that you'd have to see to beleive. He did a lot of pedal work, laying down a bass line, playing a grove over that... looping that, jamming over both loops... you get the picture.

Bela closed the show (or so we thought) with a solo performance that included everthing from beatles covers to classical peices, to seseme street. Luckily they responded to the 1500 fan's screamin for another song and they came out and did Hoe Down.

The second best part of the show was during a jam in the middle of one of the new songs called "Sherpa". I dont even know how to describe it, but Bela and victor were standing face to face, both with their own left hands on the frets of their own instruments, but soon, they would reach over with their right hands and start hitting notes on each others instruments! SIMPLY MIND BLOWING! Afterwards they came out on stage to meet the 30 or so fans who hung around and signed autographs, shook hands, and chatted. All in all a great concert, it was the first time I had seen them and I will damn sure do whatever I can to see them whenever they come back.

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2002 :  1:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man that wooten solo sounds really really cool. i can't say i've ever heard him use loops on live recordings, must have been a fucking blast!! you lucky dog you!

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2002 :  1:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man that wooten solo sounds really really cool. i can't say i've ever heard him use loops on live recordings, must have been a fucking blast!! you lucky dog you!

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2002 :  7:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nope, everyone keeps telling me about the dvd but i have yet to see it! plus him playing a good jazz standard sounds awesome enough for me! i love wooten's music.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000