Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Open Question From A Huge DMB Fan To All Of You..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CannonBalls
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  08:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to know why it's an "embarassment" to the Tim Reynolds community to have him perform again with Dave Matthews. Why did Fluffy act in that one statement as if it was a really, really bad thing, almost as if Tim was "selling out" to play again with Dave. I'm a huge DMB fan, but I'm also a realist. Dave's a big star with a really weird personality - but put that all aside, and you've got some really good music. Why wouldn't Tim fans be excited to see Dave + Tim creating great music together again?

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  11:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where was that post you're talking about? The post from Fluffy I remember reading was trying to explain how Tim wasn't selling out. I think a lot of us are excited about it, since most of us here heard Tim through DMB first. I'm still hoping I actually got tickets.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  11:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm not embarresed, i'd love to see tim and dave duo.
i'm trying really hard to get some tickets for the
norfolk show. i can't wait!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  3:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy is a part of Tim's solo career. They have been working hard for the past couple years to get Tim out on the road playing for people who are there to hear his music. I guess the fear is, that the tour with Dave is going to set them back to where the crowd is full of DMB fans screaming for familiar tunes and being disrespectful.

The first Tim I ever saw Tim live, was in Wash D.C. at the Black Cat in '99. I went there not knowing what to expect, and was a bit shocked, but at the same time amazed. Not only was Tim doing incredible stuff on the guitar, but his band (Houston Ross on bass, and John Gilmore on drums totally kicked ass) But the place was full of khaki and sandal wearing DMB fans who fled like mice in a fire. There was probably 200 there to start and 50 there at the end (numbers might be off..) which I thought was cool as hell... I mean he literally scared those people away... it was awesome.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  3:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CannonBalls

I would like to know why it's an "embarassment" to the Tim Reynolds community to have him perform again with Dave Matthews. Why did Fluffy act in that one statement as if it was a really, really bad thing, almost as if Tim was "selling out" to play again with Dave. I'm a huge DMB fan, but I'm also a realist. Dave's a big star with a really weird personality - but put that all aside, and you've got some really good music. Why wouldn't Tim fans be excited to see Dave + Tim creating great music together again?

way to throw shit out of context.

I got into tim through dave and tim. Ive been waiting since '99 to see them again together. Id love it. I hate dmb fans though, but thats no secret.

Fluffy didnt say anything about tim selling out by touring with dave. Fluffy said that tim purposly going to tour with dave without wanting it at that point in his life would be a sell out. Hes right, and tim has said that too. Nowhere is it said touring with dave would be a sell out (and if youre going to try and be bright and quote tim from that interview where he mentions Mayer, try reading a few questions before that).

the "embarassment" comes from the multitude of jackasses that attend these concerts. I can be just as big a dmb/dm fan as any of you but that doesnt mean I have to like being subjected to mass amounts of idiocy at shows just because of that. 99% of the fans on this board realize that too and respect the artist no mater what show they see, though even at tim solo concerts you cant escape the stupid frat boyt rain catcher wearing jackass that decides to scream so loudly durring the set you want to give him an apendectamy through his eyeballs, along with his hot yet vapid girlfriend.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  9:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd still bang the hot vapid girlfriend though! just duct tape her "dave matthews screaming" mouth shut!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  10:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All I can say is that if I go to a TIM and Dave show, it's to see TR. Tim is by far the better musician. I have been a DMB fan for many years and I still remember the show in Philly when I saw Tim for the first TIMe. I was totally blown away. DMB is not the same minus TR. I truly believe he was very instrumental in Dave's claim to fame. Tim you are the man, and I hope to see you in NYC in March!
Go to Top of Page

CannonBalls
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  11:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LizT

I truly believe he was very instrumental in Dave's claim to fame.

That's a really silly statement..
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  12:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey CannonBalls, I would like to know why you don't read all the threads here because the answer to that question is easily found. You may have to look on the TR side of the board.

Personally it pisses me off to even have this topic. I like Dave Matthews....love Cry Freedom, Two Step, and others. I always get into trouble with Dave/TIM posts so why let this one get away!

Liz is partly right. I was told personally by a musician I have enormous respect for who worked with both TIM and Dave that TIM is a bigger icon in Charlottesville than Dave is.

Even Dave would admit he is no TIM REYNOLDS when it comes to the guitar!

I get pissed when people don't see past the "Dave" stardom to see and experience the musical talent of people like TIM and my friend. I tried to get a local Jazz station to play my friends music and sent them cds and they said it was too sophisticated for their listeners. Then the DJ told me, he (and the head of the radio station) loved the cd and that his favorite cut was the one with Dave Matthews on it! I nearly hit the roof. Damnit he couldn't see past the fucking Dave shit! Again, I am not mad or putting down Dave, but the people who can't get past him!

Now please don't piss me off any more. Put the topic to rest....WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS TOPIC OVER HERE. Yak it up on nancies etc all you want but end the topic here!

Thanks!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  12:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

considering the roll tim played on their first few studio albums musicaly in terms of production and sound, and the fact that a lot of the touring post '93 was with tim and many times only with tim, Id say shes pretty on the money with that.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  01:32:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ditto, Erich.

I remember reading interviews with dave saying that especially on Under the Table, Lillywhite kept wanting to turn him down and turn TIM up. Dave admits that TIM was nailing the parts pretty good in the studio. I think that TIM was definitely an integral part in the magic of DMB's recordings. (pre-Everyday)
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  01:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I forgot to mention the fact that TIM was one of the main people that encouraged Dave to start the band. He recognized Dave's talent and wanted him to make something out of it, i think.

P.S. I'm not trying to be a post whore!
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  06:14:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
P.S. I'm not trying to be a post whore!

Nothing wrong with a little post whoring...see, even i'm doing it.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  09:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that most of us agree on the following things:

1.) Tim is far more talented when it comes to sheer ability on the guitar.
2.) Tim + Dave (separate) appeal to two completely different audiences, but do have some overlapping.
3.) Tim + Dave together would be so much more appealing to everyone if the crowds were extremely respectful.

I could be wrong, but that seems to be the almost-consensus.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  10:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LizT

I truly believe he was very instrumental in Dave's claim to fame.

LOL! Bite me! Open your eyes and ears....
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  2:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
CPPJames said:
quote:
I think that most of us agree on the following things:

1.) Tim is far more talented when it comes to sheer ability on the guitar.
2.) Tim + Dave (separate) appeal to two completely different audiences, but do have some overlapping.
3.) Tim + Dave together would be so much more appealing to everyone if the crowds were extremely respectful.

GREAT way to sum it up. Appears quite accurate to me.

As much as I hate to RE-address this topic and defend comments of mine that have obviously been taken WAY out of context, here we go:
quote:
I would like to know why it's an "embarassment" to the Tim Reynolds community to have him perform again with Dave Matthews.
Where did I say this?
quote:
Why did Fluffy act in that one statement as if it was a really, really bad thing, almost as if Tim was "selling out" to play again with Dave.
Again, where did I say this? Which ONE statement? I am sure if you go back and read the WHOLE thing and not just the sentence you are probably referring to, you will see that IS NOT actually what I said. Without quoted comments from me or the source it is hard for me to address your question. I will be more than happy to provide my explanation(READ:defense)of any of my comments made on the board. FOR THE RECORD:TR playing with Dave IS NOT selling out. But I would be happy to see and read the comments you took offense to and happily clarify any misunderstanding. My guess is I have wasted my TIMe here in this post and we will never hear back about my comments or the allegations lodged against me. Noone ever wants to discuss it. They just fly in read a sentence or two and say, "Fluffy said blah blah blah, how can he say that?". As always I am happy to defend any statement I have made here or anywhere else. I anxiously await cannonballs reply.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  3:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Fluffy, I think we all scared him away before you got to have your say.

Hey CannonBalls, how about answering Fluffy?????hummmmm

There are two kinds of newbies, those that really care about the music and have real interest in being here and those that don't give a fuck. I am guessing you are in the second group and your cannon has no balls!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

CannonBalls
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  6:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Sorry Fluffy, I think we all scared him away before you got to have your say.

Hey CannonBalls, how about answering Fluffy?????hummmmm

There are two kinds of newbies, those that really care about the music and have real interest in being here and those that don't give a fuck. I am guessing you are in the second group and your cannon has no balls!

Chill out retard - seriously, get off of Tim's cock and just chill out. I don't visit Tim Reynolds messageboards constantly (why would anyone?) so I wasn't keeping up with the thread. Fluffy, Erich made a post on Antsmarching.org with a statement you made, and he made it sound like Tim and his fans werent necessarily thrilled about the rejoining of the two for a short tour.

Secondly, for anyone, ANYONE DMB fan or Tim Reynolds fan to say that Tim is one of the main reasons Dave and DMB succeeded is truly ignorant. I mean that's just a stupid, stupid thing to say. Why can't Tim Reynolds survive on his own? Could Dave have survived on his own? Uh, yah. Could he survive on his own now? Obviously. Tim is a fucking brilliant guitarist, but nothing more. He cannot perform on his own because no one really gives a damn about his electric guitar stuff, he's only known and recognized for his acoustic. Fine, he doesn't care about making it big and he only wants to play in little tiny venues charging $10 bucks a ticket to play electric guitar songs while humping the stage, fine. Dave'll go back to writing amazing songs and playing guitar. Dave could make it on his own 10 years ago, 5 years ago, today. Tim couldn't make it on his own 10 years ago, 5 years ago or today.

I rest my case.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  6:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm reality. We haven't met...

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  7:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cannonballs, I thought about answering you, but you simply don't deserve one.

Glad to hear you don't visit hear often....hopefully less in the future!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  8:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Chill out retard - seriously, get off of Tim's cock and just chill out. I don't visit Tim Reynolds messageboards constantly (why would anyone?) so I wasn't keeping up with the thread. Fluffy, Erich made a post on Antsmarching.org with a statement you made, and he made it sound like Tim and his fans werent necessarily thrilled about the rejoining of the two for a short tour.

Secondly, for anyone, ANYONE DMB fan or Tim Reynolds fan to say that Tim is one of the main reasons Dave and DMB succeeded is truly ignorant. I mean that's just a stupid, stupid thing to say. Why can't Tim Reynolds survive on his own? Could Dave have survived on his own? Uh, yah. Could he survive on his own now? Obviously. Tim is a fucking brilliant guitarist, but nothing more. He cannot perform on his own because no one really gives a damn about his electric guitar stuff, he's only known and recognized for his acoustic. Fine, he doesn't care about making it big and he only wants to play in little tiny venues charging $10 bucks a ticket to play electric guitar songs while humping the stage, fine. Dave'll go back to writing amazing songs and playing guitar. Dave could make it on his own 10 years ago, 5 years ago, today. Tim couldn't make it on his own 10 years ago, 5 years ago or today.

I rest my case.

I rest my case.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  8:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
He cannot perform on his own because no one really gives a damn about his electric guitar stuff

too bad tims been doin his stuff for years and years and years and years.

cball, do u even look up facts for anything before u start ranting about god knows what.

quote:
Tim is a fucking brilliant guitarist, but nothing more

poor poor tim, all he is is one of the best guitar plyers around, i pitty him really.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  09:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
BULLSHIT Originally wasting our time by CannonBalls

Chill out retard -.......for anyone, ANYONE DMB fan or Tim Reynolds fan to say that Tim is one of the main reasons Dave and DMB succeeded is truly ignorant.........He cannot perform on his own because no one really gives a damn about his electric guitar stuff, he's only known and recognized for his acoustic.........Dave could make it on his own 10 years ago, 5 years ago, today. Tim couldn't make it on his own 10 years ago, 5 years ago or today.........

Shitballs,

It is people like you that make DMB fans like myself look bad! I am brand new to this board, and one could assume that I am on here because I am excited about the T+D tour.... but I hope that they don't assume that I am like you.

First off.... don't call people on this board retards. That's really proving yourself as being bigger and better isn't it? Like said, I am new… but I can tell already that they have more sense than you will ever know.

I just said I am a big Dave and DMB fan. I researched, listen, been to more concerts than I could afford, and done all the same shit that all the other "biggest fans" have done. (I'd just like to add, that I've run into several DMB fans that want to argue about who's the bigger Dave fan.... morons...... you just have to give them cake for losing sleep over it). Now I have done my research.... and if you were such a "HUGE DMB FAN" you would know that Dave in fact gives TIM credit for becoming so big.... before you start to spit out bullshit, why don't you read a couple articles?

Just a little side story to prove your electric guitar shit theory wrong.... I am a fitness instructor, and have to compile set list for classes.... and who do people ask about???? TR!!! They don't want to hear more Dave.... they enjoy hearing TIM.... there's a few people I am actually burning cd's for.... but they don't need or want to hear more Dave..... Point is…. People like Tim, he’s different, and his electric is agreeably amazing…. But I am sure that you are too closed minded to appreciate it.

Now for the last thing of yours that I quoted.... it just reminded me of something and made me laugh out loud.... Ever seen the movie "The Jerk" with Steve Martin. There's the part where he's trying to explain to his girlfriend how he feels like he knows her for longer than what he has.... {slightly miss-quoting, but you can get the general refresher and any movie buffs might ba able to help me out}.... "and on the second day, if felt like three days, and on the fourth day, it felt like one week...." It's something that is funny probably only to me, but you did remind me of that character when you said that; and keep in mind he played an ignorant dumbass.

Shitballs, I was at first on your side... Agreeing with you, and was actually planning on posting something to say that I supported what you were saying. Think about what Dave wants.... do you really think that he'd want you to come onto his friend's site, and to start bashing his friend and speaking the bullshit the bullshit praise about him?? Probably not... so why don't you take your DMB cd's, posters, and T-shirts and go crawl back into the little shit hole you came from....
Go to Top of Page

CannonBalls
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  10:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sorrel

quote:
BULLSHIT Originally wasting our time by CannonBalls

Chill out retard -.......for anyone, ANYONE DMB fan or Tim Reynolds fan to say that Tim is one of the main reasons Dave and DMB succeeded is truly ignorant.........He cannot perform on his own because no one really gives a damn about his electric guitar stuff, he's only known and recognized for his acoustic.........Dave could make it on his own 10 years ago, 5 years ago, today. Tim couldn't make it on his own 10 years ago, 5 years ago or today.........

Hahahah
Shitballs,

It is people like you that make DMB fans like myself look bad! I am brand new to this board, and one could assume that I am on here because I am excited about the T+D tour.... but I hope that they don't assume that I am like you.

First off.... don't call people on this board retards. That's really proving yourself as being bigger and better isn't it? Like said, I am new… but I can tell already that they have more sense than you will ever know.

I just said I am a big Dave and DMB fan. I researched, listen, been to more concerts than I could afford, and done all the same shit that all the other "biggest fans" have done. (I'd just like to add, that I've run into several DMB fans that want to argue about who's the bigger Dave fan.... morons...... you just have to give them cake for losing sleep over it). Now I have done my research.... and if you were such a "HUGE DMB FAN" you would know that Dave in fact gives TIM credit for becoming so big.... before you start to spit out bullshit, why don't you read a couple articles?

Just a little side story to prove your electric guitar shit theory wrong.... I am a fitness instructor, and have to compile set list for classes.... and who do people ask about???? TR!!! They don't want to hear more Dave.... they enjoy hearing TIM.... there's a few people I am actually burning cd's for.... but they don't need or want to hear more Dave..... Point is…. People like Tim, he’s different, and his electric is agreeably amazing…. But I am sure that you are too closed minded to appreciate it.

Now for the last thing of yours that I quoted.... it just reminded me of something and made me laugh out loud.... Ever seen the movie "The Jerk" with Steve Martin. There's the part where he's trying to explain to his girlfriend how he feels like he knows her for longer than what he has.... {slightly miss-quoting, but you can get the general refresher and any movie buffs might ba able to help me out}.... "and on the second day, if felt like three days, and on the fourth day, it felt like one week...." It's something that is funny probably only to me, but you did remind me of that character when you said that; and keep in mind he played an ignorant dumbass.

Shitballs, I was at first on your side... Agreeing with you, and was actually planning on posting something to say that I supported what you were saying. Think about what Dave wants.... do you really think that he'd want you to come onto his friend's site, and to start bashing his friend and speaking the bullshit the bullshit praise about him?? Probably not... so why don't you take your DMB cd's, posters, and T-shirts and go crawl back into the little shit hole you came from....

Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  10:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok... I know that that's not what you meant to do... so go ahead... try again.... say all the intellectual things you were going to....
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  3:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fluffy, Erich made a post on Antsmarching.org with a statement you made, and he made it sound like Tim and his fans werent necessarily thrilled about the rejoining of the two for a short tour.

well genious, find it and quote me. I quote fluffy directly most of the time, and so if youre going to derive some form of meaning like that from it then youre misinterpreting two people at the same time.

How bout you just go back ot the bridge where people like you are liked by the other toolbags.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  04:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry!!! I guess I am as RETARDED as they come, but I still don't see the comment I supposedly made. I reiterate:

quote:
I would like to know why it's an "embarassment" to the Tim Reynolds community to have him perform again with Dave Matthews.
Where did I say this?
quote:
Why did Fluffy act in that one statement as if it was a really, really bad thing, almost as if Tim was "selling out" to play again with Dave.
Again, where did I say this? Which ONE statement? I am sure if you go back and read the WHOLE thing and not just the sentence you are probably referring to, you will see that IS NOT actually what I said. Without quoted comments from me or the source it is hard for me to address your question. I will be more than happy to provide my explanation(READ:defense)of any of my comments made on the board. FOR THE RECORD:TR playing with Dave IS NOT selling out. But I would be happy to see and read the comments you took offense to and happily clarify any misunderstanding.

I guess I will continue to make misleading comments that will mislead the more intelligent people in the world as I continue to be a "retard". I will try and "chill out" as I am always thrilled by positive dicussions of comments I have made that fall away to insults. I am just that kinda retard I guess. Anyway, I hope to one day see the actual comments I made that mislead you. Thank you for being so adult about backing up your accusations with hard evidence(ie:the quote I supposedly made) and giving me an opportunity to explain it clearly to you before you resorted to something stupid like calling me a retard. If you are interested, which I doubt you are, evidenced by your later comments in the same post, I offer up more for your perusal to hopefully clear up any misconceptions you may have had about my words.

Posted on nancies.org by ME:

tossed-away asked
quote:
I really don't doubt the Dave was busy, but having talked to Tim do you think he could have called Dave and asked for a favor? I guess more than anything else that's what I'm wondering. -C

The answer to the above question is YES, I am sure TR could call Dave and ask for a favor, but what is the need. TR was pursuing his own career which is going quite well and "calling Dave and asking for a favor" would be very much like selling out or trying to cash in on Dave's fame. Neither of which TR is interested in.

Jakey said:
quote:
Absoloutly not. Tim had his own tour in the works, and put it on hold to do this one with Dave.

tossed-away replied:
quote:
Alright, if you know that's the god's honest truth, then my theory was wrong. Do you?

INDEED, that is the case, we had been planning an ELECTRIC ChaosView tour for the Spring and it was unfortunately put on hold for the T&D tour. The acoustic nature of the upcoming shows has grown more out of the fact that TR had 1 acoustic show(the upcoming Avon show) that was scheduled way back last fall. And as the T&D tour opportunity came up it seemed to make sense to reaquaint himself with the acoustic guitar before embarking on the project with Dave. So we scheduled a few more acoustic shows around that TIMe in leu of the planned ELECTRIC ChaosView tour.

tossed-away said:
quote:
I agree, but who needs the money more Dave or Tim? Let's be honest here.

I don't think anyone would argue the fact that Dave is richer than TR. But that is really not the issue. This tour really is nothing more than 2 friends finally finding TIMe to work together again. TR has said TIMe and TIMe again that if Dave called he would be happy to work with him but that he knew with the increased demands of superstardmb had not really presented an opportunity. It is much easier for TR to put his tour on hold to work with Dave than vice versa. Basically, an opportunity presented itself at this TIMe and TR has always said he would like to work with Dave again if the opportunity presented itself and it did. He took it. TR is not hurting for money, begging Dave to take him on the road so he can make some cash or new fans. He just say an opportunity to work with a friend he hasn't worked with in a while and he took it. It drives me crazy that you can't seem to win with the DMB fans. If they don't work together, every screams they must hate each other and begs for a T&D tour, then when it happens everyone is so quick to accuse people of doing it for money or selling out that they forget to be happy it's what THEY wanted to happen. Who cares why they are doing it. There motives are their motives, it really isn't anyones busy but theirs. As fans, we should all just be happy that it has finally happened. Something alot of people never thought would happen again, including myself.

To understand better, I am posting a message I posted on the TR message board when I was asked about the impending T&D tour:

First, I never said "It will NEVER happen". In almost every thread where it was discussed I always said TR just waits for a call from Dave. That call finally came...... TR still wants to do ELECTRIC music and will continue the ChaosView material when his work with Dave is over, but he saw an opportunity to work with Dave, which as we all know does not come up very often these days and he took it. He has not shifted HIS musical direction, HIS music will continue on after this short, but sweet, run of work with Dave. He is not selling out, he is not going back on his word, he is just taking a rare opportunity to work with his friend and also give people something they have been bugging him about for quite sometime. It works to everyones benefit and it isn't a commitment of a year or anything that will keep him from his career as a solo artist and what he wants to accomplish as a solo artist. As it stands, I will not be accompanying TR on the dates with Dave. Dave has a full crew to handle all of TR's wants and needs. TR is a hired gun in a situation like this so it is unfortunately not in our ability to get tickets, or backstage access the way it is on a TR tour, for what should be OBVIOUS reasons. You must remember it is NOT a TR TouR, even though alot of us still see it as that. The same rules do not apply.....................

Hope this helps to clear up any misconceptions about TR and his reasons for doing this T&D tour. There really is no sinister ulterior motive other than 2 friends getting together to play together again. The opportunity(which has not presented itself for a busy man like Dave for a while) finally came. TR got the call and said yes as always said he would if it were convenient for him. TR's music is the most important thing to him outside of his family. He has not forsaken that, he has merely put it on hold for a very sort TIMe. So he is not "doing it for the money" or "as a favor to Dave". I assure you if TR didn't want to do it, he wouldn't.

If you would like to check out the topic for yourself, you may do so at:
http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107784&perpage=15&pagenumber=7

Anxiously awaiting MY QUOTE where I act as if TR playing with Dave would be selling out? Obviously you have misunderstood my words and for that I am truly sorry. I really hope to clear it up for you if you can keep it civil and stop calling me RETARD. Maybe I am, but I don't know you well enuf to call me that. HEHE

Cannonballs asked:
quote:
Why can't Tim Reynolds survive on his own?
He can and he does! If you read what I wrote above, Dave asked TR to do the tour, not vice versa. TR was quite happy to continue doing his ChaosView tour or whatever he has been doing at any given moment. He doesn't wait around in hopes of Dave calling to save his miserable career. It just isn't like that. If people took half the TIMe to read what I actually write instead of bitching, complaining, and hurling accusations, they might actually find out what is really going on. Instead of relying on all the wild rumours.

Cannonballs commented:
quote:
He cannot perform on his own because no one really gives a damn about his electric guitar stuff, he's only known and recognized for his acoustic. Fine, he doesn't care about making it big and he only wants to play in little tiny venues charging $10 bucks a ticket to play electric guitar songs while humping the stage, fine. Dave'll go back to writing amazing songs and playing guitar. Dave could make it on his own 10 years ago, 5 years ago, today. Tim couldn't make it on his own 10 years ago, 5 years ago or today.
I don't even know where to begin with this. TR since the TIMe he met Dave has been surviving as a musician quite well. He continues to do so. I don't know where YOU get your info, but I have been to his house, I do his accounting and he is surviving quite well. Since the last TIMe he and Dave toured together he has had 7 successful tours. And has never felt a need to leech off Dave or Dave's fame, in fact he goes out of his way to have Dave's name not associated with his solo efforts. I would hardly call that someone who is having a hard TIMe getting by on his own without Dave, and before you start casting wild rumors about how TR doesn't want to be associated with Dave, please take the TIMe to read and understand the reasons for that decision, they are quite admirable.

Here are my thoughts on the accusation that TR is "selling out". If you would like to read the entire thread, it can be found at:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3038

Fluffy stated in the above thread:
quote:
As for TR having his cake and eating it too, well I don't think anyone ever said they didn't want DMB fans at the shows. We would love to have DMB fans at TR shows, I would just ask that if they come they understand that a TR show is not a Dave show. Nobody complains about DMB fans at TR shows, they complain about the DMB fans who have no interest in TR's music at the shows. As for advertising, I am sure in the grand scheme of things TR wouldn't mind the association in advertising if we didn't feel that it attracted the wrong audience. It is more out of respect for the DMB fans that TR asks that the association not be made than for himself. He understands that people will read that and come expecting something similar to DMB music when TR's music has very little in common with that. We feel it brings people to the TR show who will be let down with the experience if they come expecting a show akin to a DMB show. It is not that TR doesn't want the association or is trying to shun it, it just doesn't attract a crowd that will be interested in what TR does solo so it seems to us to be the wrong way to advertise it. Kind of misleading. So hopefully TR will be able to have his cake and eat it too. He has never tried to distance himself from Dave except to the degree that he felt it may mislead people about what to expect from a TR show. In a perfect world MUSIC LOVERS would go to concerts and be entertained by whatever they saw, but we know that is not the case these days. Another part of this to understand is that most people do not understand how the business works. They may look at a flier advertising TR from DMB fame and attend the show expecting something similar. When it doesn't happen, they go away mad that they wasted their money and thinking what a sellout TR is for advertising himself that way. They do not understand that it is THE VENUE who does the advertising in an attempt to put bodies in the seats. They tend to blame the artist in a situation like that and feel they have been somehow mislead by the artist and not the venue. TR's desire to not have his advertising reflect a DMB reference is out of respect for the potential audience and respect for DMB. Demanding it in advertising would be the sell out. I don't think it is to much to ask that he be able to play some dates with his friend Dave and then be able to resume his career without wanting to "sell out" using Dave or DMB in advertising his shows. You don't go to a Matchbox20 show and see signs that say "featuring Rob of Santana fame", it's just cheesy. You want to be an artist and make it on your own merit. Does that mean he is never supposed to work for another artist again? Sounds like you are saying that he shouldn't work with others if he doesn't want to be associated with them. Well that just isn't the case, he just doesn't want to mislead or give the appearance of "selling out", I find that to be an admirable trait. I can't think of too many artists that would play with Dave or DMB and not try to use that as a strong selling point. If Dave played on most bands or artists records, you can bet there would be a sticker on the front advertising that as a selling point. In this scenario, it would be done by the record company in hopes of boosting sales for their artist. It the case of clubs, it is done to get people to show up. For an artist like TR to request that Dave and DMB not be used in advertising is pretty unheard of in this day and age and I quite respect him for it. He is an artist who wants to succeed or fail on his own merits. Quite admirable. So I say, let him have his cake(play with Dave)and eat it too(not sell out in the advertising department).

Cannonballs asked:
quote:
Why wouldn't Tim fans be excited to see Dave + Tim creating great music together again?

Fluffy commented on nancies.org:
quote:
It drives me crazy that you can't seem to win with the DMB fans. If they don't work together, every screams they must hate each other and begs for a T&D tour, then when it happens everyone is so quick to accuse people of doing it for money or selling out that they forget to be happy it's what THEY wanted to happen. Who cares why they are doing it. There motives are their motives, it really isn't anyones busy but theirs. As fans, we should all just be happy that it has finally happened. Something alot of people never thought would happen again, including myself.

Funny, isn't it Cannonballs, it sounds like we really aren't so far apart. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  10:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy for president.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  11:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's got my vote for president.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  3:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Fluffy, you are impressive as always. We need a few more good men in this world like you. I would say all men should be like you, but I know that's impossible. You are a rare gem my friend.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  10:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx everyone for the VOTE of confidence, but if you couldn't have guessed, I wouldn't want to be president. I would however like to be his tour manager or roadie, so if that position is available count me in. As for our friend(?)Cannonballs, looks as though he has chosen to attack me and flee like all the others. He did point out he would never frequent a board like this like all us losers. Hopefully he is out frequenting some other board spreading his decession and ill-will somewhere else. Anyhow, I am sure glad I took the TIMe to answer all his accusations, comments and insults, yet he could not find the TIMe to have an ADULT discussion about it. Should I be surprised, who wants to try and have a meaningful conversation with a retard. I guess I don't blame him. Oh well. On to bigger, better, more important things.(Has anyone seen my toenail clippers?)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  8:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know where the clippers are. they're on the left side of your sink, where you left them tuesday.

I'd be really freaked out if that ended up being true

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000