09/09/04 Portland, ME Asylum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  5:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx to Nick for sending me a link to this interview/story:

http://www.goodtimesmag.com/Maine%20GT/Maine007/sounds007.jpg

ENJOY!!!

(anyone feel like transcribing it for me? hehe)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

SandyCarl
Try A Little Harder

81 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  6:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy
(anyone feel like transcribing it for me? hehe)

Standing alone on a modest stage, Tim Reynolds let loose a cosmic flow of strings into the air no other can duplicate. With an acoustic guitar in hand, Reynolds played to a small but energetic audience a number of well-crafted songs that have put him in a class of his own.

Regarded as one of the true masters of his instrument, Reynolds alternated between his 12- and six-string guitars and created a mix of soft acoustic resonance and flashes of true experimental intensity. With the use of delay and looping effects, Reynolds built an orchestra of hypnotic chord progressions that had many in the crowd swaying their heads to the rhythm of the sound. A barrage of influences from jazz, blues, rock and fusion could be heard as Reynolds’ skillful knowledge of the fretboard was the center of attention.

Best known for his performances and recordings with The Dave Matthews Band, Reynolds takes on his own personality while playing solo. A sometimes quite and reserved artist, Reynolds started off his first set singing, “The media is a weapon of mass destruction.”

This was the second stop on an 11-show northeastern tour. Reynolds played a number of songs in support of his highly anticipated release Parallel Universe, including “Dreaming,” the second track on the double CD.

“The new album consists of a lot of polished songs and some songs that are just going for it,” said Reynolds. A crowd favorite, “Stream,” found on the popular Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds: Live at Luther College album, brought many smiles to the stage.

“It’s great having songs people recognize, but I’ll never be a major rock star,” Reynolds stated. Interwoven into his original material, Reynolds played a number of cover songs including “Ohio” by Neil Young, and “Come Together” and “All We Need Is Love” by the Beatles.

Though the turnout was surprisingly small, Reynolds played an impressive set that left none disappointed. Dressed in his usual casual style – jeans and a t-shirt – Reynolds thanked the audience and left the stage to continue his night recording at a privately owned studio in downtown Portland.

Tim already has plans for after the current tour: “I’m going back into the studio to make some great versions of old songs for a new album.”

--Nick Kimble
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  05:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
THANX SandyCarl!!!! I really appreciate that. Now I can add it to the "Interviews and Reviews" thread. I am such a slow typer I was not looking forward to transcribing it myself. As you may have discovered, you could not copy and paste since it was a photo of a page. Your effort is appreciated and will not be forgotten!! Thanx again!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000