04/14/05 New Orleans Tipitina's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  1:13:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone from this board going to this show besides myself? I plan on recording the show, so hopefully, if things go correctly, there will be a nice aural document of the gig.

Rock on TR (and friends)!

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  1:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
man I'd love to.

Beware that Tipitina's might not be excited about you recording. They say they'll be doing a webcast, and places like that get sketchy when there could be something in it for them.

But yeah, I hope you get to! How will you be taping it? Vid? SBD? I can't wait...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  6:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tip's is usually great for recording, ... plus I know the house sound guy (he plays in my budies band). I have my fingers crossed that things will go well on the recording front...
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  08:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So.... did you get to record the show?
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  08:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What happened? I'd love to check it out since I missed the damn webcast.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  3:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recorded the show and got a soundboard (matrix) mix as well. I plan to edit them ASAP. Who do I need to get the finished product to to put on the server?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  4:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure there's a "server" anymore, per se. You could do them via Bit Torrent (possibly through this site) or you could do FTP or whatever. Just depends on how you want to do it, really.

And I'm glad you got a sbd recording. That's most excellent! Can't wait to hear it!

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  4:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fuck yeah! and what a great show, too!

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  5:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey ... what about my recording??? I used two Shure KSM32's into a Fostex FR-2.

Actually, mine came out pretty good too, but I haven't the chance to A/B them yet. Right now I'm working on editing the soundboard recording. After that I will edit my recording.

Once I finish, I will make them available to you guys.

Jared, where's my DVDs? ;) Joking ... but I want to get this recording to you as well!

Erich, since you're such a good sport about gettiing live TR gigs up, I will get a copy to you as well!

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  6:26:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sweet, danke shön!

Id love to get the SBD & your recording seperate, I'll try to send you some blanks for that.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  11:01:24 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich has a site now? Hmm... I can't seem to get in to it, and none of my old links work. hm.

I'm like Erich, though, I'd rather have the copies separate (sbd and aud). Any way to have them both hosted? (bt, ftp)

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  11:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have finished editing it and burnt the first final copy on CD last nite (spent the better part of the day/evening working on it). In fact, I’m listening to it right now. The quality is so good that it would make a fine “official” live document of this tour. The good thing about Tipintina’s, is they blend two piezo mics in to capture some room ambience thus resulting in a warmer recording than some soundboard tapes I’ve heard. Once I finish proofing the CDs, they will be ready to burn copies of and get out. I am running low on blank discs and have to work all weekend, so I might not have these ready to go out until mid-week, but they will be ready soon. I need to get a couple of you guys mailing information … Erich, Kevin (can you put this gig on the archive?), enthuTIMsiast, HopefullRollingSpleefs…

I gave my recording a listen, and overall while it’s pretty good, I had the record levels turned up just a bit too much which resulted in some distortion when TR played the electric tunes (or anything really loud). It will be a few days before I can get around to editing that copy of the gig, so I’ll know more about if I want to release it next week some time. Do I sound like a tone-crazed over-achieving musician??? ;)

Overall it was a S-M-O-K-I-N-G show and I recommend anyone who gets the chance to make a gig ... to make it.
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2005 :  11:54:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love perfectionists...And how can I get a copy? I was unable (despite my high hopes)to even get sound for the show without constant skipping. I can hardly wait till the West Coast tour! Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  06:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Setlist Tip's(don't know what the additions, deletions or changes were to it, Keith's recording will help sort that out)

01)The Amber Glow of Being
02)Jemez Rolling Waves
03)Che
04)Uncle Chair
05)Indoctrinate
06)Babylon
07)Breaking Down the Walls of Dimensional Prejudice
------
08)Flourescence
09)Sincerity
10)Don't Know What
11)Vantage Point
12)Danger/Doom
------
13)Cosmic Bath of Non-Luminous Material Undulating
14)Buffalo Soldier
15)Betrayal
16)Spastic Interval of Quantum Jitters
------
17)Merc
18)Radar
19)Plastic
20)Gas
21)Snake
22)Face
------
23)All You Need
24)From This World

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  08:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys,

Sorry I've been somewhat out of touch, but work has been crazy for me ... including a 31 hour day last week on 3 hours of sleep.

Anyway, this week is shaping up to be similar to last week in that I'll be doing some long days (including travel) for work. Once I get the chance, I will get to the store and buy some blank CDRs to get this gig out to you guys and get the gig out to Erich or Kevin to get it on the archive so everyone has access to it.

Also, since receivng Fluffy's setlist, I have to re-edit some of the tunes ... Oops.

If you dont' hear from me in ample time, feel free to post.

Peace!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  10:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I could also get the show to the archive if you'd like me to. No problem, and I'd love to get a copy!!!

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2005 :  2:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enthu,

We definitely will be trading sbd CDRs. I'm off to another gig (work) right now, but I will be doing the final editing this weekend (hopefully) and then making some copies soon thereafter.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2005 :  2:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
any time. Just let me know what to do and when, and I'll do it. Thanks!

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  10:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally managed (I haven't had a day off since Jazz Fest) to get this show sent to Jay [enthuTIMsiast] on CD so it can be uploaded to the archive and shared.

He's the skinny:

Tim Reynolds
04/15/2005
Tipitina's Uptown
New Orleans, LA

01) Intro
02) The Amber Glow of Being
03) Jemez Rolling Waves
04) Che
05) Uncle Chair
06) Indoctrinate
07) Babylon
08) Breaking Down the Walls of Dimensional Prejudice
------
09) Flourescence
10) Don't Know What
11) Vantage Point
12) Danger/Doom
------
01) Cosmic Bath of Non-Luminous Material Undulating
02) Buffalo Soldier
03) Betrayal
04) Spastic Interval of Quantum Jitters
------
05) Mercury Direct
06) Radar Contact
07) Plastic Man
08) Put The Gas Mask On
09) Snake
10) Face Off
------
11) All You Need
12) From This World

13) Sound check (Bonus Track)

01 through 08 Martin Six-String Acoustic
09 through 12 Martin Twelve-String Acoustic
13 through 16 Fender Stratocaster
17 through 22 Gibson Les Paul
23 Martin Six-String Acoustic
24 Gibson Les Paul

This was a great show and is a great recording ... Enjoy!!!
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  10:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Das ist sehr gut!! thank you very much, and fuck yeah you got the SC

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2005 :  1:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich,

As this is my first time making a show available for upload, I would like to know what you think of the sound quality/gig when you get it.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2005 :  1:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
since i saw the webcast, I can already tell you that the gig was amazing. Although I really like the two versions of Che we have floating as of now, the one from tip's had more of the fast part, and I wanted to hear it again. When the show is up i'll tell you bout quality though :)

thanks again

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  6:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kool ... you da man!
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  12:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just informed that this show should be up by the weekend ... yeah!!!
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2005 :  12:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to TRenthusiast for getting this show to the archive ... and I quote him:

"Here it is... All I did was prepare this for uploading to LLAMA and all that, so thanks for the show needs to go to gtropus.

Thanks man!! It's a great show, too, so check it out!

#3 from 2005, yay!!"

Enjoy!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000