Halloween In Vegoose
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snappermd
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  1:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A large-scale, multi-venue music festival is set to invade Las Vegas October 28-31.
The folks who produce the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival are expected to announce details for their new venture, Vegoose, any second now. The vegoose.com web site is live but contains no info other than the date span and an email sign-up at press time.
Rumors of the fest, some of them quite detailed, have been swirling on the Internet for months.
The grand finale is expected to feature the Dave Matthews Band at Sam Boyd Silver Bowl and the surrounding soccer fields.
An unnamed rep at the Thomas and Mack Center confirmed that there is a hold on the stadium for a festival on Halloween, but offered no details.
An anonymous source at Las Vegas Events, which promotes entertainment events in the city, said the music festival has been in development for a year and an announcement was expected at any time.
The anticipated bands include Wilco, Ryan Adams, Galactic, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, moe.., The String Cheese Incident, Mike Gordon and Leo Kottke, Gov't Mule, The Allman Brothers Band, 311, Keller Williams, The Black Crowes, Umphrey's McGee, and John Mayer Trio - all of whom have dates available in the Vegoose date span.
The festival is expected to follow a jazz fest format with the bands playing various venues, and day shows are a distinct possibility.
There are a few concerts already set for Vegas on those dates but not many. Barry Manilow is at the Hilton and Jimmy Buffett plays the MGM Grand Garden. That leaves plenty of venues - like The Joint, House of Blues, The Beach, The Palms, The Aladdin, and Mandalay Bay Events Center, as well as the Thomas & Mack Center - possibly open to host Vegoose acts.
There will be minimal onsite camping and activities, but who wants to camp in Sin City when you can partake of buffets and air conditioning?

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  02:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank God I live in Vegas...

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  04:18:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
INDEED!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  6:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just heard one of my favorite bands is going to play there, Ween!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000