New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  11:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So let me explain to you why I'm a complete idiot. Right now I should be just about to see TR. Instead I'm at home, and why is that?

Well earlier this week a friend and myself were arrested because he got pulled over and there was a small amount of marijuana in his pipe and since we weren't exactly co-operative with the police we took part in the counties catch and release program, but in doing so they took all my cash on me and then gave me a check upon releasing me. So tonight I go to put on my shoes getting ready to head out the door since the venue is about a 30 to 40 minute walk from my place. I go to check my wallet and double check my wad and then it hits me as the empty wallet stares back at me... I hadn't cashed the check yet. I hadn't needed to buy anything and it completely slipped my mind. Then I'm wishing I wasn't so anti-banking establishment and had more than a savings account or at least an ATM card, or that bank hours didn't exist. So without dragging this out, I'm basically here at home with not more than $5 until monday because I was too stupid to cash my check and get my cash so I could buy a ticket. Thing is I was going to buy mine like a week ago, but I'm just a complete dumbass. I know I saw Tim like 3 times last year, but that means nothing to me now. Anyway I'm mad as hell mostly at myself, but also at the events leading up to it namely the marijuana incident. FUCK!

Hopefully someone can give me a review and tell me what I missed.

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  03:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You let not having a ticket stop you from seeing TR?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  3:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You should have emailed me. DUH!!! I could have put you on the guest list in such an emergency or let you do the merch for me at the show. I could have used a merch person last nite as mine got thrown out of the club. DOAH! In other words, we could have worked it out. I am sure this isn't what you wanted to hear at this moment but for future reference, contact me in an emergency, there is sometimes something I can do.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  6:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ugh now, I feel like even more of an idiot. I was just so pissed last night after opening up my wallet and realizing what I'd done I just basically gave up.

Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  11:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm not familiar with this "Catch and release" program. what is it?

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  3:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarisPIMP

I'm not familiar with this "Catch and release" program. what is it?

It's a joke, but it basically means arrested held for a couple of hours and let go. BTW in case anyone was wondering I'm not getting charged with anything.

Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  9:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I was trying to figure out how you got caught with weed, and they let you go. I thought maybe they were finally realizing that some people are actually not criminals and they like to smoke weed because it's better than alcohol(ITO) and were letting the little guys go.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  11:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarisPIMP

Yeah I was trying to figure out how you got caught with weed, and they let you go. I thought maybe they were finally realizing that some people are actually not criminals and they like to smoke weed because it's better than alcohol(ITO) and were letting the little guys go.

I wouldn't say it's better than alcohol, they are just different.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  11:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your story is very touching... I feel for you.

I am not sure what area of the country you live in but if you have a Commerce Bank, that is the bank to join. They are open 7 days a week till 9pm. This way you'll never miss a TR concert again.

Slaughter, a word to live by....
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  1:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah my buddy ended up being charged just not me. Only reason I got taken in is because I was being an asshole.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  4:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why were you being an asshole?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  2:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

It's just part of who I am... No, but seriously because the cop was a dick. I told him he was harrassing us, and explained what it meant for him to be a servant of the public and was explaining that it meant he was my servant. Not probably the best of decisions in retrospect.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  4:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

It's just part of who I am... No, but seriously because the cop was a dick. I told him he was harrassing us, and explained what it meant for him to be a servant of the public and was explaining that it meant he was my servant. Not probably the best of decisions in retrospect.

Yes, I would think not.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000