Show Reviews
 02/25/06 Athens show Blue Gator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gravedigger
Try A Little Harder

82 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  8:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gravedigger's Homepage  Send Gravedigger an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone else going? I've got my ticket and plan on getting there early to get a good spot, even though i've seen the opener and don't need to see him again.
I really hope Tim plays either Kundalini Bonfire or Letting Go, since I've yet to see them in my 2 full TR shows or my 1 D+T show.

db.etree.org/smyry52

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm...well, I'd say Kundalini is probably a better bet than Letting Go, but both are great.

We'll expect a review after the concert!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  12:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ill be there too, and I beg to differ, the last couple times I have heard kundalini, I wasnt as happy about hearing it as when he used to play it and be all over the fret board. Letting go is sweet intricate. Always a good one just my opinion though. Fuckin ready to rock in Athens

rob

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  01:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure everyone remembers the 16 minute Kundalini. That's still a classic for me.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  10:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm planning on making that trip. Will be up for the show Friday night and since I'm going that far might as well stay Saturday. See you all there.
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  1:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
off subject niether here nor there but a 16 minute version of Kundalini Weenie? Where can I get that at. When was it played? Times tickin away til Athens. Athens '06 not quite the Olympics but TR to me is just as BIG

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Gravedigger
Try A Little Harder

82 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  6:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gravedigger's Homepage  Send Gravedigger an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well if anyone meets Tim pre show, request Letting Go for me lol.
3 more days, I cant wait. Hopefully its a good crowd

db.etree.org/smyry52
Go to Top of Page

Gravedigger
Try A Little Harder

82 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  01:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gravedigger's Homepage  Send Gravedigger an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just an amazing show. Right as tim walked on people yelled for stream, but he got them to shut up by saying "I'll play it when i want to play it. And i will play it". So while there was still some talking, it wasnt that awful. Before the show Tim walked past me and I said good luck tonight and if you can play letting go. So as the encore comes around Tim says hes going to play a request and then goes into Letting Go. Great stuff. He then ended with All you need is love
The show was amazing, but since I dont know many song titles, i'll leave a set to someone else. Lots of singing from Tim tonight, which I thought was great. One song had lyrics about dreams, anyone know what that's called? I really liked that one.
Oh and Doom was also amazing as always

db.etree.org/smyry52
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  10:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gravedigger

One song had lyrics about dreams, anyone know what that's called? I really liked that one.
Dreaming, probably.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  05:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(TR's setlist as printed, not necessarily as played hehe)

Elixir of Liberating Voidness
Rheginos and the Resurrection
Che and the Revolution
Indoctrinate
Cold Sweat
Gracious Presence Of Sacrid Ultimacy
------------------------------------
Idedication(scarab)
Samantabhadra
Stream(Chi Arc Mix)
You Don't Know
Hold On I'm Shittin
-------------------------------------
Miniature Subatomic Bodies In Subatomic Universes
Dreaming
Big Dick
Come To Daddy
Betrayal
Redemption
-------------------------------------
Arroyo
Doom
When The Levee Breakfasts
---------------------------------------
It's Dead
Jeepster
Instinctual Mental Body Parts
---------------------------------------
All You-Whole Lotta-Kundalini Bikini

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  07:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Samantabhadra, It's Dead...I am really getting excited about the shows this week. Where's Pet Rock?
Go to Top of Page

Gravedigger
Try A Little Harder

82 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  1:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gravedigger's Homepage  Send Gravedigger an AOL message  Reply with Quote
While I dont know many song names, the ones I did know are on there and in the right order it seems. The encore was Letting Go/All you need is love though

db.etree.org/smyry52
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  1:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed that Tim hasn't pulled out I Know What I Like since the first one. I hope he hasn't given up on playing it.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000