I'm going to Japan!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Biff the Pig
Chatterbox

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  6:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Biff the Pig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So i got my mission call last night. i will be going to the area of Nagoya Japan for 2 years! I'm so excited and i have so much work to do. i'm leaving to the MTC (missionary training center) on December 6th, then i'll leave for japan probably around february. so wish me luck

if you are at all curious about anything else feel free to look things up :) ha ha.http://www.mormon.org/

www.myspace.com/travismoore3

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  9:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey my family is Mormon. I however am not. My bro served a mission and has been back for a while and iregardless of the religous stuff it's an experience. Anyway enjoy the 2 years don't kill your companions and don't fall off the donkey ;)

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  12:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! I do wish you well. Only a few people here know that I had converted to Mormon in my late teens/early 20's. They were some of the most enlightening years of my life. I even did baptisms for the dead in the Washington DC temple. Life just took me in another direction.

One of the things I hold in high regard is the fact that being Mormon is a way of life, not just a Sunday affair. Part of me will always be Mormon.

My best wishes for a wonderful mission. Remember you might not see all that grows from seeds you plant. We will be here when you get back! Peace always ~ Pam

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  01:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
is it true that mormons believe jesus was actually michael the archangel? i heard that somewhere, and it makes a little bit of sense.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  03:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Skipping the religous part, I wish you good luck, and a sfe trip. Hare Krishna

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  08:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dan, NO

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  1:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

is it true that mormons believe jesus was actually michael the archangel? i heard that somewhere, and it makes a little bit of sense.

I thought it was, that they believe the archangel was John Travolta.

Go to Top of Page

Biff the Pig
Chatterbox

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  3:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Biff the Pig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I thought it was, that they believe the archangel was John Travolta.

True.

no..but seriously, if you really have any questions, 90% of them can probably be answered at that website i mentioned. also, thank you everybody for the words of encouragement, i'm going to try my hardest to do my best and pray that the Lord will pick up where i lack. i already bought japanese language cds :)!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  4:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bon Voyage, farewell, best of luck and fortune to you on your journeys, wherever they may lead you.

To quote some of our favorite lines: Long days and pleasant nights.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  02:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh by the way, when you are there, sneak into the Nintendo building, and snag me a Wii with Zelda (and if they have any working versions of Mario In Space). That thing has a stupid name (I preferd the original title: Revolution) but it looks like it's going to blow everything out of the water.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  9:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
looks like it, and i'm hopeful, but remember: this is nintendo. their decisions and policies are of the sort one might forge in mount doom.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  2:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

Oh by the way, when you are there, sneak into the Nintendo building, and snag me a Wii with Zelda (and if they have any working versions of Mario In Space). That thing has a stupid name (I preferd the original title: Revolution) but it looks like it's going to blow everything out of the water.

How do you even pronounce the thing?

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  2:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it is pronounced like "we," the pronoun. i know. it's stupid.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  5:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes, that is very stupid. Revolution was kinda lame too, but Wii is worse. Pretty soon nintendo will be making a game where Mario has to go all eco-friendly and clean up sludge & litter instead of stomping Koopas... oh wait, they did that one already.

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  5:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
mario sunshine wasn't that great. but this new one, mario galaxy looks pretty good.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  10:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As long as they keep putting out Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, and Super Smash Bros, I'll be happy.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  9:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, they'll put out those games. 4 months apart from each other. that's trouble with nintendo. think about the games you listed. none of them are third party. nintendo has had trouble with 3rd party support, until now, with wii being supported heavily by ubisoft. and there's no garuntee they won't fuck up mario. it's been my experience that nintendo either can't fuck up, or is really careful not to fuck up zelda, mario kart and metroid (wind waker was great, and if you didn't play it because it looked like it was for kids, you really wouldn't know, would you? the game was near perfect.)

look at 'cube. what 3rd party support did they have for their games? silicon knights made eternal darkess: sanity's requiem. namco made soul calibur 2 (for all platforms) and tales of symphonia. EA did some sports games (for all platforms) and lotr: third age (all platforms) they specifically didn't have games like soul calibur 3, or all but one star wars game. They sold rareware, who made the donkey kong games and perfect dark for n64. game makers like snowblind, buena vista, ubisoft, rockstar and others stayed away. they opted out of many, many great releases that were availible to them. but they do have square, and that's big. real big. they're redoing all the final fantasy games for gba and ds. nothin for cube, though.

mostly it seems as if nintendo gave up on the cube and are pushing the wii on people who will still buy their system. in japan, zelda: twilight princess is only availible for cube by buying it from their website, and there's talk of doing the same here. it makes sense in japan, since the demand for cube versions of zelda will be almost nothing. but here? i think it's not the same. i, for one, would prefer to play it on the cube, simply because the controller for the wii is very new and unorthodox, and i'd rather enjoy the zelda they've been promising for over two years on a controller i already know how to handle. i'll get to the wii controller. after. on games that maybe i don't relish so much.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  5:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We used to spiral into masturbation or some such in every thread... it seems like now it's always video games.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  01:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
and Homestar Runner!

EVERYBODY! EVERYBODY!

. . . techno chocolate *boomchica boomchica boomchica boomchica* *do do do do do do* technno chocolate *boomchica boomchica boomchica boomchica* *do do do do do do* . . .

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  5:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have a great time in Japan, that should be quite an experience!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  10:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got some BIG news on Wii. This will blow you out of the water.

Immeadiately when you buy Wii, you can hook it up to the net, and browse through EVERY SINGLE NINTENDO TITLE FROM NES TO GAMECUBE!!!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and I believe it's all free).

Now that is going to blow everything out of the water.

. . . oh, yeah, have a nice trip.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Biff the Pig
Chatterbox

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  5:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Biff the Pig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
soooooooooo. I've been back for almost 2 years now, and i just hopped back on this forum b/c i remembered i used to love it so much. And now i remember why!

How is everybody??? What has changed in the 4 years since i've been on here???

I have one awesome change about to happen in 5 days. I'm getting married!!!! woohoo.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say hello to all.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  10:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not much. Not that I can talk on the topic.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  11:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got married (++) w/in those 4 years too mate.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000