Common Margins Mike Sokolowski SOKO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  3:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought Common Margins about 2 weeks ago. If you haven't heard this album yet...please, please, please buy it!

If the liner notes are accurate, and they really didn't speak about the music at all while in the studio...then this is one of the greatest "true" improvisation albums out there.

The whole thing is beautiful! I disagree with people that recommend listening to this as background music. This should be listened to very carefully...and with total concentration. There is so much genius going on throughout.

It's a perfect balance between the two artists as well. Not too much TR...not too much Soko. Just right...

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  1:45:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my favorite CD's, but then I am predjudice....hehe

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  1:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely beautiful CD, just had to chime in as well. Also wanted to remind everyone that Mike is going to open for TR with a solo performance to my knowledge in C-ville at Starr Hill on April 3rd. If you are in the area, don't miss it, should be awesome. It definitely was last TIMe.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  2:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Absolutely beautiful CD, just had to chime in as well. Also wanted to remind everyone that Mike is going to open for TR with a solo performance to my knowledge in C-ville at Starr Hill on April 3rd. If you are in the area, don't miss it, should be awesome. It definitely was last TIMe.

Ah man! I hope the entire show, including Mike's set, gets recorded!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  9:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See ya there!
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  3:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...bump...

This one made it back around in the rotation. It's so unbelievable. Really, reall great work!

Anyone else have any thoughts on this album?
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  3:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you are in for a treat, SOKO is going to release a new version of In November Sunlight soon. I just heard more unfinished cuts today and it is amazing how much better it is than their first version.

As for Common Margins, it's a classic! Sometime when I can type with two hands (health problem has one hand bandaged, no biggie) I will share a story of the day it was recorded with you.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  4:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Pam, I'll be eargerly awaiting your hand to get better to hear the story!

You know...I'll be patient if want to type it out with one hand!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000