07/08/07 Hampton, NJ Private Party
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  2:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Um...well, I been saying since I started posting here that I was gonna have Tim at my house; I finally did. A small bit of preparation goes a long way, a maxim to live by. I mean, I don't even know what to post here really. Best night ever. We had an awesome turnout of wonderful people, so attentive. I mean, I am really gonna let the pictures do the talking here, have em up soon! I have never been in a group of people so connected for the sake of good music before, and I am so happy it happened in my back-freakin'-yard.

Anyway, before anyone flips out, I did send invites through the board to our more prominent members out on the west coast, but a lot of them came back return to sender, so sorry guys, but I assume that none of you could have logistically made it anyway. But huge ups to JoeGamo, DirtySloth, JemezFoodPeople, and SpaceMonkey for repping TR.com hard. So awesome to have you guys, really.

So, it was outside, I got some canopies put up, 2 huge coolers stocked with only the finest summer beers available, tons of fruit salad, hummus, baba ghanoush, ribs, grilled veggies, etc...this is all my friends (Phil, Laura, Melissa, and Laszlo) doing mind you...no catering nonsense, just the best friends ever!

Anyways, the line-up went: Maria Woodford, Matt Winn, Sharon Van Etten, Davey 'Django Jr.' Cahill, and our man, Tim F'n Reynolds. Checks for everyone were quick and painless, our local drummer and sound guy Brian did a great job with his setup and recorded all 5 performances!!! Audio soon guys, I promise. SpaceMonkey I believe got some of Maria, all of Matt, none of Sharon? (Scarfing my mom's ribs and shooting the breeze! Damn you!) Most of Dave, and ALL of Tim (I hope! I am pretty sure though...) So a massive DVD abounds, with included audio, hopefully!!!

The Tims and Fluffy rolled up to the lazy Sunday gathering, I am sure not COMPLETELY knowing what to expect, but it quickly became evident that they were comfortable with all the folks around. I threw on a bit of Clive Carroll for the guys pretty much the second they walked into my house...I'll burn that DVD for you guys, sorry I forgot!...then Tim checked pretty painlessly and worked on his setlist while everyone else performed. All my 'cool' friends showed up progressively as the afternoon wore on, but by the time Tim got on stage, a crowd of around a 80 or so settled close in to witness, what is probably up til now, the most intimate of surroundings to see Tim in for me. Sorry if it sounds like I am blowing smoke up my own ass here, but I honestly wish that anyone who reads this or looks at the pictures could have been there to share in the experience.

Anyway, I fucking should have photocopied the setlist while those guys were here...(Hook that up, Fluffy?! Trade you for Clive Carroll.)...but I didn't, but what I can tell you is that Tim was so kind to let me and my friends 'stack' his setlist with some of our (my...J/K) faves. This made for a brilliantly eclectic cross-section of Tim's work.

Our picks were (not in order of any sort):Mercy Street, Smile (DUH), Imaginary Time, You Are My Sanity, And Then They Were Free, Sinceritox, and Jeepster. I have the list...all crossed off, except CHE...damn you, Reynolds! (so J/K!) Others I remember were Betrayal, Zimbabwe (totally unexpected, but so fuckin' righteous), Ancestors, medley: High In the West, Arroyo, and Letting Go(WHAT!?!?), Coco in the Wild, This is the One (for the encore, complete with jazzy intro story)...sorry, my mind is still too blown to put it all back together mentally right now, but I think we'll see the setlist up soon enough! I think Tim played from about 8:30 to almost 10:30 if I recall correctly.

A beautiful night, warm and breezy, bugs at bay from the light reek of citronella torches. Cant wait to share all of the great mementos with everyone.

cREW: You guys are the stank on Jaco's bass...thanks so much again. And I'll have the A/V goods for you guys as promptly as possible. Tim expressed a real desire to have the audio..and so ye shall!

Semon, get ready for some serious archive footage...magical (hear that Dan P, magic!).

PAYCE!

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  3:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR played SMILE!!!! It was absolutely the highlight of my day. During one of his improv sections, he was just dropping the jazz melodies left and right. He used these chord progressions that were like four siblings all born on his hand, going different directions in life, and then meeting back up as happy, content adults resolving the most beautiful harmony that I have ever heard on a guitar. Seriously. Cahill and I just threw each other looks, as if to say "no, he could not have just done that.... impossible." We had just got done cleaning up our pants after Mercy Street, and he goes and busts out Smile. WTF.

I had really started to question whether a guitar could express ideas that eloquently. I was more blown away than I ever had been, at any show.

The atmosphere was so relaxing and friendly. It was a joy to see some other board members that Jared already mentioned, and a host of respectful, classy people.

I gave the soundman some fits with my complicated pickup system, but he handled it easily and produced a wonderful tone, especially considering the outdoor venue.

Somehow I managed to not get sunburnt. I think my setlist went like this:
Time Travel (for Jared)
Watermelon (for Nick)
Moscow Skyline
Sess
With or Without You
Ditched
Bounce
Stampede
Legacy

I was impressed with our other musicians, as well, and took particular pleasure in Maria's song selection. She really knocked us out.

Jared, was it your idea to have Sharon relax us into a musical calm before Cahill tore into our eardrums? His playing was everything I had hoped for, after hearing his music but never seeing him live.

Was it worth the four hour drive from my home in MD? absolutely. Let's do it again next week!

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  3:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't even believe that really happened yesterday.

Jared is right, the setting was great. I had no idea what to expect. It was one of the most memorable times ever. Jared got tqo huge coolers filled with the finest beer ever...mmmm...

Anyway, I had fun playing my set. I did a little Los Alamos Is Burning, which I surely played pretty crapily, haha. My nerves got a head of me.

Anyway, Tim's set was on of the best I have ever seen. Smile and You Are My Sanity were the standouts. Also Haircut song..or Cocoa in the Wind, which one Fluffy?

Thanks to Tim, Rew and Fluffy for coming out and doing this. It was great to hang out with a few fellow board members.

Jared where's your review of Friday. Fluffy gave me crap about being a shitty review writer. "The show was awesome!" doesn't cut it anymore....haha

TR is the one, TR is the shit.
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  3:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, by the way, You Are My Sanity was played on a 12-string, and I had never seen that before. Is this a new trend?

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  3:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good point! It was, I never saw it before.

Yea Matt your set was awesome, especially because I knew some of the songs. I remember when you wrote Stampede. I really enjoyed how you ended your set, it was very classy. You got some serious skill!

Matt and I kept looking at each other like, "how ni the hell!?" during pretty much Tims entire set. It was really something special.

I told Tim to play Smile on Friday and he said, it wasn't a Friday night song. Man was he right, I am so glad he played it yesterday instead. Thanks TIM!
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  6:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I thought about the performance order a lot, and I think I done good.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  9:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Best pics ever, except the silly one at the end!!! Thanks so much Aldo, can't wait to see the rest of these. This kid can shoot!

http://www.aldomartinez.com/reynolds.html

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  9:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Those look fantastic!

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  9:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm honestly sick to my stomach over this. I'm so ridiculously jealous!! I would be really pissed that I was invited since I used to live in D.C...but now that I'm in TX I don't mind too much.

That looked like it would have been a ton of fun and one of the coolest things in the world.

I'm really looking forward to seeing/hearing this show...with Matt and Dave's sets too!

So jealous...so, so jealous...
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  9:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fret not Gnome, you'll at least get it second hand..the video is gonna be fucking incredible.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  10:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i hate you guys.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  11:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
holy shit... that looks like fun...........lots..... of ...fun.....
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  03:12:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
now what i fucking minute. was this the show i was supposed to be flown out to Jared?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  08:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this really was an incredible experience. When I hung out with tim i hugged him so hard i thought i was going to smoosh him. Matt, Dave, both of your sets were excellent. as always.

Tr was so graceful. He has an amzing ability to match the vibe of a crowd. People were stoned, the sun was setting, the wind was slightly blowing. Smile hit the spot. I truly think during And Then They Were Free a few of us were really in another zone. For me that was the pinnacle of the evening.

Tr you are the man. Thank you so much for caring enough to come see us. Your music is so appreciated. I speak for all my Hunterdon County fans.

I am still on cloud 9,761,235.

later.

Slaughter, a word to live by....
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  3:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you a thousand TIMes over for sharing this review, I'm really sorry not to have been able to fly out. I seriously considered it and would again so thanks for the invite. Looking forward to the videopeace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  07:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry John, no way I could have swung that. Maybe next year!

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  1:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
don't worry about it Jared, I was actually in Indiana all last week.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  02:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting this late, cause my internet access is shoddy...

HRW! Sorry I didn't respond to the invite I got from you, it made me smile and I had to explain to my girlfriend about the board and the online family, going back to the Genesis stuff you had given me, culminating in the invite to the TR party at your place. But alas, I was duty-bound to remain in CA (not to mention I remain broke). I'm glad to hear it was an experience of a lifetime, I can't imagine ever having the pleasure of hearing TR play in such a setting, but I can dream of it. About how many people were there Jared? And how did you go about making such a fantasy come to life? Maybe you could send me an email about it, if it doesn't lend itself to a message board setting...

Thanks again for the consideration, glad to hear it went beautifully.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  4:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What a fantastic way to end this run of TouR dates! Fantastic people, fantastic setting, fantastic food and FANTASTIC music. From the moment we arrived it was totally laid back. Even Brian, the soundman, was completely laid back and EZ to work with which is not always the case with some soundmen. TR was super comfortable as he had hung out with a bunch of these folks on numerous occasions leading to one of the most relaxed performances I have ever seen TR give. Don't get me wrong when I say relaxed, it was still unbelieveable, but it was a very different kind of TR performance given the surroundings.

It was a beautiful day, a little hot in the afternoon, but by the TIMe TR took the stage it was the perfect temperature with just the hint of a breeze and TR played from daylight straight thru dusk into the nite. I think nature is the perfect setting for a TR performance. It really added to the vibe of the show. As did the spontaneous fireworks that went off as he performed. They seemed to compliment the songs and at points even fit in perfectly. I doubt the soundboard audio caught it but hopefully SpaceMonkey's camera caught ambient sound during the show.

We rolled in and were greeted by HRW and Dave Cahill who immediately led us off to what would be our make-shift dressing room for the evening. After everyone got pleasantly settled in, we did a quick soundcheck and shortly after that the music started for the afternoon.

First was Maria Woodford who was accompanied by an guy on the electric guitar. Sadly, I never got his name. They played an amazing set that, to me, had quite a bluesey feel to it and the interplay between the 2 guitars was amazing. She had a song about cigarettes and coffee that absolutely loved. Maybe one of the locals can tell me the name. I am sure you will hear it on the audio from the gig.

Next to take the stage was Matt Winn. As Matt took the stage I was way back in the back of the party hanging with Rich Cahill so I quickly excused myself and moved right up front to catch Matt's set. People were still showing up so there weren't alot of folks up front but after I took my spot front row, center stage more folks joined me. Turned out to be a nice little crowd right up front for Matt as he tapped his way thru an amazing set despite many technical difficulties which I attributed to the fact that the sound seemed a bit loud, at least up front where we were. I knew it wouldn't be so loud back by the soundboard or even past that by the food tent so I just sat back and enjoyed the show despite the blistering volume up front.

Next in line was Sharon Van Etten who voice needs to be heard to be believed. She is the consumate singer with an absolutely beautiful voice. It more than compensated for the simplicity of her guitar accompaniment. Don't get me wrong, her guitar playing is quite good, but it is a very simple style of playing compared with the other acts on the bill. I loved her set but felt that, for my taste, she could have used an accompanist to keep the music a bit more interesting. Now, having said that, if she had had another guitar player or cellist or something it may have taken away from her amazing vocals. I would like to see her with a fuller instrumentation at some point but you definitely can't deny those vocals.

Next it was back up front for Dave Cahill's set. Again, I led the major move to take up space at the front of the stage. After we all crowded around Dave kicked into a blistering, high NRG set that was again too loud for my taste, at least up front, but still quite enjoyable. Dave looked like a man on a mission, muscles tense as he beat his guitar into submission with sweat dripping from his brow. Did I mention it was hot that afternoon? LOL He even snuck in a bit of a TRibute which I am not sure how many people caught. Quite nice!

After Dave's set I grabbed (c)Rew and commented that we needed to make sure when TR went on that it wasn't so loud. Brian the soundman happened to be right there and said he had already been thinking that. He said he had left the others a little louder than he would have liked since so many people weren't in the tents but walking around socializing so he wanted everyone at the party to be able to hear leaving it a bit loud for those of us up front. I was happy to hear he was aware of the volume issue and that he had put alot of thought into it. Sign of a GREAT soundman. He told me and (c)Rew that his plan for TR was to drop the volume considerably and force people to come into the tents and pay attention to the show. Happy to say it worked perfectly.

After a quick change over, TR walked from the dressing room to the stage and began a very sublime performance that danced easily between subtle tonality and just plain off the wall silliness. As I said earlier, TR seemed very comfortable, really in his element. He told me later that it took so much pressure off him having so many songs requested for this particular set that he just felt like he could have fun and songs would take care of themselves as they were the songs people wanted to hear. There is a method to his madness when he writes a setlist. It must flow and someTIMes what looks good on paper doesn't always work because of many different factors(ie: audience, room, vibe, sound, etc). So when you walk out on stage with your setlist there is a little "will this setlist work" in the back of your mind. On this nite TR managed to escape that as he knew that these were songs folks wanted to hear so that the flow was not something to stress about. Like I said before, it was a different kind of performance than normal. Now having said that, I only found out about the requests after the set and remember thinking to myself what an amazing flow there was to the very unusual setlist TR was playing. It definitely work which I attribute to that wonderful synchronicity I always talk about. Anyway, here is the setlist as it was written in front of TR:

Warm Molecular Intimacy
San Jacinto/Mercy Street
Betrayal
Smile
Imaginary Time
Jeepster/Shock Rock
Out of My Head
Event Horizon Waystation
--------------------------------------------
Sinceritox
Scarab
Ancestors
Coco
YAMS
And Then
Manta Ray Lovemouth
We Are From Space
Mad Modulator Mouse
Smells So Sweet-oops
Ode To The Box
Ocean
Devils Bed
High In The West/Arroyo/Letting Go
Fantasy Camp

There was a TR premiere tonite, it was Out of My Head. Which after hearing it I think should be called Out of ME Head. TR sings it in a British accent. I am not surprised since when he wrote it a few days earlier he said it was "very Syd Barrett" to him. I read over the lyrics in the dressing room at Sullys Pub on the nite he first presented it to us and they seemed a little silly but I didn't totally get what TR meant upon my first read. Then TR set about rehearsing it and as he sang the lyrics with the guitar I TOTALLY got what he meant. The phrasing definitely throws it into a Syd Barrett realm with dramatic phrasing pauses at just the right moments. That first TIMe TR did not sing it with an accent. He didn't pop that on us until the performance tonite and it totally seemed to work. Sooooo Syd Barrett now. A beautiful little CRAZY, pop gem. Simple, but mesmerizing.

As TR played his way thru his set the sun started to set and I felt like we couldn't be in a more perfect setting for a TR show. The tents had filled up as Brian and I hoped they would. I would say there were about 80ish people there under the tents for TR's performance. Not sure what the total number was but it could have been hundreds over the course of the day from my vantage point. LOL Everyone was very quiet, in fact the loudest thing that nite was NATURE. Damn nature with it's bugs and birds and wind rushing thru the trees. It actually complimented TR's set amazingly well. I should be surprised as I feel what TR does is so organic anyway. In fact that is a great word for the whole day, ORGANIC. Well Fluffy, if it was so organic, where's the fire? Well let me tell you, we had that too. As the sun set we had tiki torches set all around the compound and as they were lit the whole event took on yet another amazingly soothing vibe. There is that moment at dusk where it seems like the tiki torches aren't helping and everyone started to panic a bit because it was hard to see TR but I told them to go with it as it was very moody. (c)Rew was the voice of wisdom at this point and mentioned that once the sun had totally set you would see the effects of the tiki torches better. He was right, just as the sun dipped TR was illuminated by the glow of the tiki torches and with the soothing strains of the acoustic guitar floating out into space, the sounds of nature and good folks it was a truly spiritual performance. TR got a little nervous toward the end of his set as he had been told he should play past 10 pm out of respect for the neighbors. He looked over at Jared and myself and asked how he was doing on TIMe and we looked at each other and couldn't imagine asking him to stop as the nite was flowing so wonderfully. We told him to finish his setlist and we would venture out into the streets and check the level in the neighborhood. Jared and I were happy to discover that TR could play all nite without disturbing the neighbors. It was so quiet and peaceful. TR finished his set and came over to us and we told him he could play all nite if he wanted so he decided to take advantage of the rousing encore call he received and jumped back onstage. After some fooling around he jumped into the much requested "This Is The One" which I think should still be called "The Haircut Song" instead. LOL His intro to it was more like TR sitting in the dressing room goofing around than what TR is usually like onstage. It turned out to be one of the funniest versions TR has ever performed. Right up there with TR's version of Coco In The Wild from Woodstock earlier this year. Also of note was You Are My Sanity which literally brought tears to my eyes. It was absolutely, without a doubt the best version of that I have ever heard TR play. Of course so many factors affect this particular version so maybe you had to be there. LOL Tale of the tape will tell if you all agree with me. TR did one of his Marley songs as well, sadly I can't remember for sure when one but I don't recall seeing any on the setlist. I think it was the one with the line "running away". Not sure about that but again the recording where bear out the actual setlist. Pretty sure TR finished with "Whole Lotta Love" and if you are still unsure about how much fun TR was having during his set just listen to his delivery on this one. FANTASTIC. As I said before it was an absolutely amazing day all the way around and as me and the boys drove to our hotel we all concurred that it was the PERFECT way to end what we all agreed was the best run of shows we have had.

Thanx to everyone who made it such a wonderful experience. So great to see so many messageboard people all in one place. I happened to be around while people where meeting each other for the first TIMe and it was funny as folks introduced themselves to one another. People kept introducing themselves to each other by "name" and they would get the usual quiet, polite "Nice to meet you." Then I would re-introduce them by there board screennames and you should have seen how the responses changed as they realized "I actually know you!!!" It was quite amusing. I kept joking that everyone should be wearing message board name tags. LOL Peoples real names didn't really do the job in this instance. LOL It was very nice to see so many people meet for the F2F for the first TIMe in such a special enviroment. Another highlight for me was watching Matt Winn and Dave Cahill sitting side by side during TR's set as they constantly were looking back and forth at each other as if to say "Can you fucking believe this?!!" Priceless!

It wouldn't have been the special day that it was if it wasn't for alot of different folks. First and foremost Jared, followed by a long list that includes Jared's dad who seemed to dig the whole thing more than anyone, Laura, Melissa, Phil, Brian, Dave Cahill, Matt Winn, Patrick(who may have more miles on his car this year due to TR than anyone else on the message board LOL), Space Monkey, Only Superstition, JoeGamo, and the rest of the message board freaks and other attendees who made us feel so welcome and made it a day I will never forget. I wish you all could have been there. Definitely don't miss it next year. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  6:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, it was Zimbabwe, and that was actually my highlight of the night. I got one from '97 and that's it, and I fucking love that cover. Incredible. I don't even know the Marley song to be honest with you.

Flaw: Did not get a single pic of me and Tim all day...am I a space cadet or what?

Yeah, my pops was mad into it, he really dug the slide bit Tim did towards the end of his set. He actually plays 8 woodwinds and sat in with the Philadelphia Orchestra for a while, but he mainly improvises.

And Fluffy, like I said, Brian is a drummer and only having known him for that day realized that his hearing may be a bit dampened, a la Sharon's feedback issues. I thought Matt was too loud too, but he still sounded good, I didn't want to be bossy, he did a solid job and had a nice setup.

Aaah! It still hasn't sunk in yet...so incredible.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  8:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen TR quite a few times now, and it's pretty hard to pick a favorite experience, but I think this is the one. It was the shit. It was a super sweet 16 party. Seriously, this was the 16th time I saw a TR solo set....

6/??/99 Belly of the Beast Salem, VA (TR3)
06-02-00 Outback Lodge Charlottesville, VA
05-13-01 The Starr Hill Music Hall Charlottesville, VA (w/ Peter Prince)
11-16-01 Asheville Music Zone Asheville, NC (w/ Devon Sproule)
11-17-01 UTC Fine Arts Center Chattanooga, TN (w/ Devon Sproule)
11-23-02 Free Bird Café Jacksonville, FL (w/ Peter Prince)
12-18-04 Diana Wortham Theatre Asheville, NC
11-16-05 James Madison Univ Wilson Hall Harrisonburg, VA
11-17-05 8 X 10 (formerly The Funk Box) Baltimore, MD (w/ Matt Winn)
07-11-06 Starr Hill Music Hall Charlottesville, VA (w/ Mike Sokolowski and Houston Ross)
04-03-07 Starr Hill Music Hall Charlottesville, VA (w/ Mike Sokolowski)
04-22-07 D&T @ Radio City Music Hall New York, NY
06-30-07 Blues Alley(Early Show and Late Show) Washington, DC
07-01-07 Blues Alley(Early Show and Late Show) Washington, DC
07-08-07 PRIVATE EVENT (Susney Residence) Hampton, NJ (w/ Maria Woodford, Matt Winn, Sharon Van Etten, Davey 'Django Jr.' Cahill)

I agree Smile was amazing. I was thrilled to see it the weekend before, but it was even sicker this evening. The same goes for hearing YAMS on a 12-string, which was definitely the best version I had seen. Before Fluffy said anything about it, when he was playing Out of My Head, I was wondering, "Is this a Syd Barret cover?" because it was so much in that style, lyrically and musically. I was going to say more, but it's about all been said already. Loved seeing Matt again and Dave for the first time. I didn't catch too much of Maria, but I'll say her guitar player was quite smooth. Sharon - - what a voice. I don't know how it could have been any better except maybe if more board members could have made it. Many, many thanks to Jared, the Tims, all the musicians, Fluffy, and everyone involved with making the show and all the great food/beer happen.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  2:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I almost traded guitars with Tim. My guitar got loaded into the van, but fortunately someone realized it before they drove off with it.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  3:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was funny, I asked Tim to take the guitar sitting in the basement cause Rew had me take it down earlier, and he was like 'That's not ours..." so I thought, 'Wait a damn minute..." AHAHA

Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  12:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what everone said times 10,000 HA

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  1:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HRW, I believe the correct phrase is "wait there just one cotton-pickin-minute"

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  07:14:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Too true, in a Foghorn Leghorn type voice. "Now, I say, I say..."

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  1:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Youtube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eljnCS98NYc

DIVX Video
COMING SHORTLY

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  9:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DVD TORRENT.
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88002

Get this while it's hot.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000