07/07/07 KClingers Summer Boogaloo Hanover, PA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  7:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I had high hopes for this day as it was my date of choice, 777. I had always hoped that something very special would happen on this day, I might get married, have a kid, win the lottery, you know, something special for 7/7/7, my lucky number. Instead of a big lottery win I was treated to another exceptional show by TR. I'll take it! Turned out to be a great day despite nothing big out of the ordinary happening unless of course you count Go-Karts, and I do! As we drove into town we passed a fantastic go-kart track and if you have ever been in the van with me when we pass a go-kart track it can be quite scene. I think (c)Rew hopes I won't notice them when we pass them because I get so excited and usually there is no TIMe to stop and take advantage of them. This TIMe it was less than a mile from the hotel and the performance was an early one since it was an outdoor festival and the go-cart track we were informed was open until midnite. SHAZAM!!! I had my day planned out, quick show, back to the hotel to check in and rest of the nite at the go-kart track.

We arrived with enuf TIMe to get settled in before we had to set up TR's gear. There was no soundcheck persay as it was a festival so it was more of a quick line check after the set-up. We put in our dinner orders so that dinner would be waiting after the gig. TR went on at 4 pm until about 5:30ish. This was the first TIMe I have seen TR play on a stage that is actually the back of a flatbed trailer. Actually 2 flatbed trailers butted up against one another to create one really wide stage with lil ole TR out there in the middle of it all by himself. It was one of the more unique stages I have seen TR play on. Because of the early show, TR had written his setlist in the van on the way to Hanover and it looked something like this:

Quantum Psychics
Captain Kangaroo Fish Mouse
Rheginos & The Resurrection
Hopeful Heresy
The Truth
Betrayal
Stomach Chakra Overload
---------------------------------
High In The Chest
Feeling More Doors
Coco
Ancestors
Scrum
---------------------------------
Basket of Monkeys
This Is The One-Chatterbox
(Continue?)
Dreaming
Kundalini...Spasm
-------------------------------------
Vantage
Hands Full
Levee
Here Comes The Drill Son
Ocean
(Whole Lotta Load)

Sadly, I didn't note the changes and to my knowledge this performance was not recorded which is sad since it was another amazing show with great sound. Especially given that it was an outdoor festival with no real soundcheck. There was a natural reverb to the area because of the building that were around the area. At front of house position it sound fantastic with just the slightest bit of echo which sounded like delay. Now from behind the stage it sounded quite different and even more unique as the building behind the stage were much closer, just across the street and the slapback from them was quite noticeable. It sounded really kewl for one gig to hear it that way but I don't think I would like it at every show. LOL It was very unique to hear TR's percussive style of playing bouncing back at my eardrums. I am sure TR had to be able to hear it as well and I can only imagine that he worked with it as there was nothing that could be done about it. Alot of the TIMe it sounded like perfectly placed and TIMed delay on TR's guitar. WILD! I never asked him if he was doing it intentionally or if he even noticed it but I like to think he did and worked it into his performance. Speaking of working spontaneous things into the performance, sortly after TR took the stage the next band arrived and one of the members accidentally set off his car alarm behind the stage and he quickly moved to shut if off. Before he could, TR had noticed that the car alarm was in the same key as what he was playing and immediately began to imitate the car alarm on the guitar mid-song, without missing a beat, then back into his song. Everyone got a big laugh out of it and the guy who's car it was was even more embarressed than before. LOL

It was an absolutely beautiful day for an outdoor festival and by 4 it was just the right temperature plus we had the added bonus of a nice cross breeze to make it absolutely perfect conditions for TR's performance. At the end of TR's set I set up a little merch table next to the stage and TR swung by and did a little meet and greet while the next band set up. After the meet and greet it was back to the dressing room for dinner. If you are ever at KClingers try the crab dip, absolutely amazing. Actually all the food was good. (c)Rew and I had the Rasta Pasta for our main course and TR had fish and chips I think. More fine food to compliment another fine show. We have been so lucky on this run. Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds. Last day of the run and should be a relaxed day at HRW's party.

SPECIAL THANX to Tim, Corey, Bill, John and rest of the staff at KClingers and the festival for having us and treating us so well. Glad you ended up with a good turnout. Certainly not bad for your first year. It only gets better. Hope we can come back and do it again.

A couple of bizarre sidenotes, TR was asked to autograph another really bizarre item today, the interior of Jason's new 1967 Chevy II station wagon. It was absolutely beautiful, almost NO rust. TR opted to sign the glovebox. Pictures were taken, hopefully they will surface. The other bizarre thing(or synchronicity as I like to call it), Tim from the festival used to be an old road dog and he had worked for many kewl bands but the big ones were bands that were near and dear to (c)Rew and TR. Tim had spent alot of TIMe touring with Hall & Oates who are one of (c)Rew's favorite bands, if not his fave and the other was Genesis who we all know TR is a huge fan of I actually worked for back in the 80's. I mentioned this to Tim and he said that he was actually on the tour when I got hired so it was likely that we had met back in the 80's on the Genesis tour. Damn small world.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  7:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I am sure you are all asking "Fluffy, what happened with the go-karts?!!" Like you need to ask. LOL After dinner it was back to the hotel, check-in, put our stuff in the rooms and (c)Rew and I were back out the door to spend the rest of the nite at the go-kart track. We pretty much closed the place down. After go-karts there was a little TIMe left so we played a bit of skee-ball and with the tickets won at skee-ball we were able to trade them in for rubber ball with a smiley face on it that seemed to not be made of rubber as neither of us could get it to actually bounce. Didn't matter, I was still on cloud nine from my hours of go-kart racing and I knew I was gonna sleep good when I got back to the hotel. Go-karts on 07/07/07, who could ask for anything more. I sure couldn't!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000