Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 TRiumphant reTuRn of TR3(coming Jan '08)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  03:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I have the honor of announcing what I hope will be the first of lots of TR3 performances. This is the first official show of the return of the legendary TR3. As it was described to me by TR is as follows:
quote:
TR3 has become a flying machine, beast with 3 heads and 7 horns, a thousand ears

You figure it out. LOL Anyway, I am very excited to post the info for the following fully ELECTIFIED TR3.

DATE: 11/23/07 Friday
VENUE: Outer Banks Brewing Station
ADDRESS: 600 S Croation Hwy MilePost 8 1/2
CITY, STATE, ZIP: Kill Devils Hills, NC 27948
VENUE PHONE: (252) 449-2739
CAPACITY: 300
TICKET PRICE: $12
AGES: 21+
DOORS:
PERF LENGTH: 90 mins
PERF TIME: 10:30 PM
OTHER ACTS:

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  04:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW!!! That sounds Amazing... I hope it sparks a whole TR3 tour.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  05:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

WOW!!! That sounds Amazing... I hope it sparks a whole TR3 tour.

Ditto.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  7:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG that is such great news! Please tell them to come up the east coast! Philly, think Philly.....or at least somewhere close by.
Why doesn't he bring the guys with him to Lancaster, Dec 8th hint hint! I'll even buy each of them a good wet bottom shoo fly pie! hehehe

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  12:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to hear again:

You masturbate till waste your day
You masturbate till your ship goes away
You masturbate till you feel your breath
You masturbate till you feel your death

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  4:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone lucky enough to be going to this show? I want reviews a plenty. Pictures, video and or audio would be good too!

One audio clip has surfaced, it appears the sound guy from the venue posted Skeleton Walls on his site from a recent TR3 gig there, he says he will also be recording this upcoming show in its entirety!!! WooHoo!!!! We should also be seeing a whole recording of the show that featured this version of Skeleton Walls. It sounds great:

http://www.myspace.com/nebulamastering

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  6:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa! Amazing! I want more...
Go to Top of Page

ScottyWM
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  12:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going with my daughter Emily. Fluffy, you going to be there? May need some help getting Emily in (under 21). All electric... guess I'll have to take the ear plugs.

Caught the last part of Tim's gig in Raleigh at the Lincoln Theatre a few weeks ago. Hope he comes back there, great small, cheap, intimate venue. There was almost no crowd, but they didn't advertise it around here at all either.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2007 :  02:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ScottyWM

. . . All electric... guess I'll have to take the ear plugs . . .

NARC!!!!!!!!!!!

. . . eh, just teasing.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

bluemountain
Is Anybody Here?

15 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  1:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There will be a full TR3 tour starting January 18 in Richmond, VA with a return to the home turf of Charlottesville on the 19th....south from there and Northeast in late Feb - March.....Tim is psyched and so are we.

Hugh Southard
Blue Mountain Artists
Go to Top of Page

quiver
Is Anybody Here?

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  2:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a rumor going around that TR3 will be playing the Jewish Mother in Virginia Beach on Friday, December 28 at 9pm with the Jesse Chong Band(www.jessechong.net)

Oh wait...that is no rumor...as we just confirmed the show yesterday. Details are as follows

Tim Reynolds and TR3
w/Jesse Chong Band
Friday, December 28, 2007
Doors 8pm Showtime 9pm
Tickets are $12 advance/$15 day of show and are available starting Friday, November 30 at 10am through www.inticketing.com

See you there!!!
JB
QuiVa Productions
www.quivaproductions.com
www.myspace.com/quivaproductions
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  3:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
STFU I ate there in August. Thats crazy...it's a very small place, great atmosphere though!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  12:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
New bio from Blue Mountain Artists:

Blue Mountain Artists Presents the Return of:

Tim Reynolds and TR3
Full Electric Rock and Funk from The Best Player on the Planet

Tim Reynolds has been playing music all of his life. Starting as a bass player in a gospel band in his hometown of St. Louis to his break through band in the 80’s TR3 and forward to recording with and touring with the Dave Matthews Band and the Dave Matthews Tim Reynolds Acoustic Duo. Tim’s progression has continued through his last 8 years on the road as a solo acoustic guitar wizard playing for packed houses who have come to realize this is not Dave side man this is one of the most talented and thoughtful players on the circuit today!!

Now things have come full circle and TR3 is back again in 2008 to Rock and Funk your house down. The songs will be a mix of updated Tim classics to wild covers of everything from James Brown to Prince to Tim’s newest catalogue of material he is preparing just for this tour.

Tim has spent the last 8 years living in New Mexico but after a sudden move to the Outer Banks of North Carolina in 2007 Tim ran across two players that would eventually form this new version of TR3. Mick Vaughn will be on bass. Mick moved to the Outer Banks in 1995 after many years playing in Chicago with Scott Bennett and opening for such bands as Jimmy Cliff and Dave Mason. Mick has been playing locally for several years until he ran into Tim this past summer. Drummer Dan Martier grew up in Pittsburgh, PA and spent most of the 80’s in various bands playing the club scene 6 nights a week. After teaming up with his wife and powerful soul singer Laura they formed Express in Florida and toured heavily until being drawn to the Outer Banks in 1989 where he has remained an active player on the local scene. After a chance meeting of the three talented players, a few rehearsals and several stealth appearances around the North Carolina shore Tim realized it was time to get back to the basics…rockin out the way only Tim can.

Starting in January 2008 TR3 is back….bigger, stronger and better then ever. For information contact:

“The great contribution on this CD is that it does demonstrate what a guitar-picking wonder Reynolds is, even more so than on earlier collaborations between these two. Somebody should sign this guy up, and quick”. ~ Thom Jurek, All Music Guide (review from Dave & Tim @ Radio City Music Hall 2007)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  02:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

" . . . Somebody should sign this guy up, and quick”. ~ Thom Jurek, All Music Guide (review from Dave & Tim @ Radio City Music Hall 2007)

Never gonna happen. And we like it like that.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

imjustchillin
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  12:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
these no doubt, will ROCK!
Go to Top of Page

ScottyWM
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  1:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, sorry to post so late. We caught their show on Nov 23rd. It was INCREDIBLE! I had the feeling we were experiencing history in the making. We were standing front and center right at the stage the whole show. The three of them were just amazing together, very tight (okay, an occasional slip-up) and in-synch. Mick on bass was great, provided a rock solid foundation. Dan on drums was truly amazing! He plays harder than guys 20 years younger than him. I wasn’t really expecting more than a couple of guys who would just try to keep up with Tim, but these guys are right up there with him! They played from 10:30 to 2am with one small break. They looked like they would’ve played longer if mgmt. would’ve let them. The set list was great, lots of covers that were much better than the originals – my particular favorite was “Ohio” having been in high school when that happened. I wanted to take a picture of the set list, but didn’t get a chance, maybe my daughter will post the ones she wrote down. But there was almost nothing that they left out. Tim had a seven string guitar he’d get out – man that was awesome – he was making depths of sound I couldn’t even figure out how he could be doing it.

Took some good photos, but having to use the flash makes them look a little to sterile. Then I got the great idea, “hey, my camera will take videos!” So I started recording those. (Loved how the drunk guy next to me kept telling me to go ahead and “snap the picture …NOW, NOW, NOW!” Dude – I’m taking a VIDEO !!) But stupid me… when I went to look at them, there was no sound on the videos! Somehow that had been turned off – I didn’t even know how to turn it on or off until I got the manual out. Oh well, I have some good soundless videos!

Seriously, this TR3 is not to be missed. It'll rock you to your soul!! And they look like they are enjoying it even more than the audience! Talking to Dan afterwards I got the impression they are doing this because they love it, getting together with Tim must’ve been destiny!

Shout outs to the group next to us from Va. Beach – a great group of Tim fans! Make sure you catch them at the Jewish Mother – get there early!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  6:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, thanks for the review Scotty. That sounds amazing, glad to hear you had such a wonderful TR3 experience.

Hearing these reviews and reading that TR3 press release has me quite looking forward to the upcomig tour. I hope many recordings come out of it.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  7:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why don't you take the soundless video, and take clips and make them into pictures? I think that would be pretty kewl.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

SmokeHacker
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  11:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TicketMaster shows "The Tim Reynolds Band" playing the Double Door in Chicago, IL on March 1, 2008. Is this the Tim Reynolds/TR3 we all know and love or somebody else?

I can't find any information about this show, so I wanted to double check before purchasing tickets and showing up to see a different artist than I intended.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  03:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yup, that is gonna be TR3. Pollstar.com has a few dates for TR3 posted:

Fri 01/25/08 Charlotte, NC Visulite Theatre

Fri 02/29/08 Bloomington, IL Bloomington Ctr. For The Perf. Arts

Sat 03/01/08 Chicago, IL Double Door

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  1:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is indeed TR3. Sorry I haven't had alot of TIMe on the road to post the new dates. I hope to do that on the down days between the show today and the show on the 12th. There are more than are even listed on Pollstar. Keep watching. There is also a TR3 show in OBX on Dec. 15th if anyone is in the neighborhood. It is definitely worth making the trip. I am definitely going to be there for this one so I will finally be able to review the NEW TR3. Can't wait.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  10:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh god, please let them play in WI. Anywhere in WI.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

ScottyWM
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  4:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, where on the OBX, do you know yet? Kinda short notice to make it there for us, but you never know...
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  2:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure why Fluffy or Hugh from Blue Mt hasn't posted this yet, so I will. Hey, I plan ahead on things like this, although sadly I can't make any of these shows. I am hopeful someone who reads this can make one or more of the shows. Guess I should also mention that patience is NOT one of my virtues, I always want things done yesterday, LOL! So, here is TR3 2008 dates as listed by Blue Mt Booking:

Fri 01/18/08 Richmond, VA Capital Ale House

Sat 01/19/08 Charlottesville, VA Satellite Ballroom

Sun 01/20/08 Roanoke, VA 202 Market

Tue 01/22/08 Winston-Salem, NC The Garage

Wed 01/23/08 Columbia, SC Five Points

Thu 01/24/08 Greenville, SC The Handlebar

Fri 01/25/08 Charlotte, NC Visulite Theatre

Sat 01/26/08 Charleston, SC The Pour House

Mon 01/28/08 Birmingham, AL WorkPlay Theatre

Tue 01/29/08 Mobile, AL Soul Kitchen

Thu 01/31/08 Jacksonville, FL Freebird Live

Fri 02/01/08 Tampa, FL Skipper's Smokehouse

Sat 02/02/08 Lake Worth, FL Bamboo Room

Sat 02/23/08 Grand Rapids, MI The Intersection

Fri 02/29/08 Bloomington, IL Bloomington Ctr. For The Perf. Arts

Sat 03/01/08 Chicago, IL Double Door

Oh and for anyone who attends a show, PLEASE write a review....for the love of god, PLEASE WRITE A REVIEW!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  10:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TR3
Thurs 2/21/08 Athens,OH @ Blue Gator

Friday 2/22/08 Notre Dame, IN @ Ledgends of Notre Dame

Sat 2/23/08 Grand Rapids MI @The Intersection

Sun 2/24/08 Pontiac, MI @The Crofoot

Tues 2/26/08 Bowling Green, OH @ Howard's Club H

Wed 2/27/08 Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop

Sun 3/2/08 Indianapolis, IN @The Music Mill

Fri 3/21/08 Newmarket, NH @ The Stone Church

Sun 3/23/08 Sellersville, PA @ Sellersville Theatre 1894

Wed 3/26/08 Cambridge, MA @ Regattabar

Thur 3/27/08 New York, NY @ Knitting Factory
Fri 3/28/08 Fairfield, CT @ FTC Stage One
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  11:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

Can't wait to hear again:

You masturbate till waste your day
You masturbate till your ship goes away
You masturbate till you feel your breath
You masturbate till you feel your death

Actually it's

Masturbate till you feel OK
Maturbate till yo' shit goes away
Masturbate till you feel a little death
Masturbate till you catch your breath

Masturbate till you feel OK
Maturbate till yo' shit goes away
Masturbate till you free your mind
Masturbate to whatever you may find

And yes, the new TR3 is doing an electric version of this. They were working on it just the other nite at rehearsal. YAY!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  01:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the correction, I didn't have the cd at the time of quoting that. I pretty sure I got it wrong!

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Angelface01
Is Anybody Here?

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  06:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sellersville Theater's website is saying TR3 will be there on 3-23 instead of Tim solo. Hope it's right, can't wait to see TR3
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  06:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOOOH I hope you are right Angelface01! I listed it the way Hugh listed it. (the booking agent) I was kind of wondering why the switch back to solo, but thought the others might have had obligations. March 23 is Easter so I am not sure if I will be able to make that show, which is the only show listed that I could even hope to attend. BTW, isn't the Sellersville Theater where the new "Point" holds their shows now?
Go to Top of Page

bluemountain
Is Anybody Here?

15 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  4:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ALL dates posted in the website are TR3 for 2008. Tim might do some solo work also but for...Rock out with your Cock out.......or Jam out with your Clam out...woohooo
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  5:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AHAAHA. Clam out.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  5:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bluemountain for responding! Sorry I got confused, You ROCK!!!!

Oh, and I WILL be at the show in Sellersville, how about you Jared? Dave? Angelface, you going? Always nice to meet another board member!
Go to Top of Page

Angelface01
Is Anybody Here?

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  8:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PJK, (call me Sean) yeah I hope to be @ Sellersville but being Easter it's gonna be hard to get out of the "expected family obligations" I think seeing TR3 is a true obligation though.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  08:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope to see you there Sean. I already bought a ticket and from the seat I was given it looks as if they have sold quite a few. I am going to be out of town the week before the show so it depends when I get back as to whether or not I make it to the show, but I am going to try to be there.
Oh, and you can call me Pam.
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  11:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The show in Richmond last night was GREAT, and I'm thinking about going to the one in Roanoke tomorrow now!

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  11:54:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome Dan!!!! Any chance you could post a review on the "shows" section of the messageboard? It's doesn't have to be long or detailed, but those of us who want to be there and can't be look forward to reading ANYTHING at all about the shows.......also the reason I am checking in here so much today....hoping to hear about the shows from SOMEBODY......ANYBODY!!!!!!

Oh, and Dan....GO TO THE SHOW IN ROANOKE!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  12:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope to post my review and setlist later today when I arrive in C-ville. By the way, C-ville is TONITE, Roanoke is tomorrow nite. Just wanted to make that clear but I think everyone had it right. Peace for now!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000