12/06/07 War Memorial Trenton, NJ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  3:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What an awesome venue for a TR show. A more mature audience and setting really made this a special show. Plus TR wore the STOP WARS T-shirt at the the War Memorial. Hilarious.

Rheginos and the Resurrection, Hidden Variables, Delicate Balance, See You in Your Dreams, To the Next, Dissolution, Ancestors, Hands Full, Letting Go, Axiom, Vantage Point, Hotel Vast Horizon, When the Levee Breaks, If the Ocean Had its Way, All You Need is Love, and a few more were all played.

Was gonna tape, but looked like it was already taken care of. Hopefully we get a copy, because this was one hell of a good show.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List

KRlS
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  5:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Send KRlS an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Indeed it was a special evening (my first TR show)and what an amazing show it was. I agree that the venue was great, but when i think of the audience i remember that one guy who kept dancing to the left of the stage (the same guy that gave Tim a beer). That guy mixed with tims jokes definetly made it an amsuing time. Tim's performance was mind blowing of course but, i think the best part was getting to meet Tim after the show, shake his hand, and tell him that he is the best.

Audio of this show would be priceless to me.

Almost forgot i uploaded Betrayal and half of Arroyo from last night to youtube here are links -
Betrayal - http://youtube.com/watch?v=0fiq2p5jKZ8
Arroyo - http://youtube.com/watch?v=9nAThuJv3Xo

Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  6:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that a real Calvin and Hobbes? If so, it's the saddest cartoon I've ever read...

By the way...welcome to the TR Message Boards!
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  10:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kris, were you the guy over to the left front stage taping, I brought a camera, but since you were set up, I figured what the hell. Any chance you're gonna get the whole deal onto a DVD, I'd love to have the show!

Bill Waterson did NOT sanction that New Millennium cartoon! AHAHA

Go to Top of Page

KRlS
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  3:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Send KRlS an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dont think its real. It doesnt look real, and
Watterson writes the captions by hand. (the one i posted it is typed) Calvin was/is my favorite cartoon, and i found the message to be sadly true today.

Was i 'that guy' taping to the left, no. Im pretty sure i saw the guy youre speaking of though. He was sitting left side on the first angled row of seats with a tripod set up. I was in the 3rd row of seats, last one on the left.

I must have been to 20 shows this summer and this one was by far my favorite. Has anybody found audio yet?

Go to Top of Page

Reginos North Star
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  9:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I attended the show @ The Patriot's Theater in Trenton also...it was a real treat. Would LOVE to download THAT show ... and, the one at The North Star Bar in Phila./Sept. 07. Will check in here & hope to get 'em

"Damn...!!!...this chikken is GOOD !!"
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  1:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Reginos North Star
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  2:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saweeeeet Pix !!! Thanx for sharing :-)

"Damn...!!!...this chikken is GOOD !!"
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  3:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since when did rubylith become such a friggin' amazing photographer?
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  3:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dave has always had a keen eye for photography, and a good bargain.

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  3:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha...

The story goes...

I have been poor my whole life and never had enough money to buy a camera, buying disposables here and there, borrowing cameras. My good friend gave me a 7.1 megapixel camera, nothing fancy, but I'm obsessed and I take photos all the time now. I always loved video too. I really want to get into film and creating little film projects. First one will be a mini documentary and recording my new cd. I want to make it interesting even if you don't know me. Since most "home" videos are only cool if you know the people involved. I have abou 20 hours of footage I have to go through. We'll see if I actually do it. Thanks for the compliments...but in all honesty, it isn't hard to take photos of someone who drips talent like Tim.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  5:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I especially like the coloring on the setlist/Fluffy's arm shot. Very cool looking indeed. Oh, and is that a 3rd guitar I see on stage???? In the "UFO shot" (3rd one down) he is playing one, with two in the background. Almost looks like a steel guitar.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  5:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like there are 4 guitars in the picture. The 12-string Tim's playing...and the D-35 in the background.

Then the two on the right side. One's a Taylor (...or maybe a Gibson...which I've never seen Tim take to an acoustic show) and the other is definitely a steel guitar. My guess is that they are leftover from whoever opened the show.

These are all guesses though...
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  8:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The steel guitar is a steel electric guitar (I showed up a few songs in, nt sure if he used it.). It isn't an actual resonator but Fluffy can tell you more...Fluffy?

It is Tim's though.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  9:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bad ass!
Go to Top of Page

KRlS
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  09:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Send KRlS an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The other 2 guitars were used by Woody Mann when he played 2 songs to open for Tim. I love your pictures ruby, my digital cameral has seen better days and i need to purchase a new one. I was only able to take 4 pictures because i used the rest of the memory to record some videos. Like i said my camera has been through hell and the zoom button (along with 90% of the other buttons) doesnt work.

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  10:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I stand corrected, I thought the steel guitar was Tim's.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  10:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm sort of mixed with that one.

I'm glad you're wrong, because that means I'm right. That's always cool...

But, I wish that you were right because I've been imagining Tim tearing it up on the steel guitar. AWESOME!
Go to Top of Page

RLREED
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  10:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have yet to see any post on the show Tim played on Sunday night at kimball's. So I will. I've seen Tim play before with the Matthews band at bigger venues and he is always great, but just him on the stage with just a guitar and pedals was amazing. I was right there in the front so I got to see it all. Definitely a night to remember. What I loved the most was how Tim stuck around after the set until everybody that wanted to got an autograph or picture. Very gracious, I'm new to the boards and probably won't post much, but I felt I needed to get my two cents in on how Tim is not only an excellent musician, but just a great all around guy and funny too and I will be looking for more shows to attend.
Go to Top of Page

KRlS
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  10:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Send KRlS an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with that RL. Amazing show for just one guy to put on, and he is an amazing guy to give the fans a chance to meet him. Cant wait for the next show to come around the NJ area.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000