02/02/08 Bamboo Room Lake Worth, FL TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  12:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We wound up the 1st leg of the 2008 TR3 dates with a return to the wonderful venue of The Bamboo Room. The performance was SOLD OUT and the boyz scorched thru a set of predominately originals. It was a Saturday nite, the nite before Super Bowl Sunday so it was kinda rowdy crowd but very respectful. There was one girl who kept yelling for Y.A.M.S. which made me laugh to myself every TIMe she yelled it. I kept thinking I should yell back, "He doesn't have an acoustic guitar!" but I restrained myself. LOL About 3 quarters of the way thru the set, between 2 songs she yelled it a final TIMe and TR leaned over to the guyz and whispered something and TR proceeded to play You Are My Santy SOLO on the electric guitar. A super sweet redention given his electric guitar tone. Here is what the setlist looked like for the evening:

See You In Your Dreams
Tribulation
Sweet Spot
Wind Just Blew The Door Open
Indoctrinate
Ohio
Jesus Is Just Alright
Kabbalah
Uncover The Reason
Move On Ahead
Matte Kudasai
How Many More Times
Do You Wanna
Caveman
Skeleton Walls
Backdoor
Industrial Complex
Donkey Bong
Sex Machine
Test Of Time
Whole Lotta Love
Slippin Into Darkness
Don't Know What
-------------------------
Hocus Pocus

"Sex Machine" featured a bass solo intro and a small drum solo during. The bass solo kinda started the nite before in Tampa, FL @ Skippers as the audience was going mad for one all nite, yelling "Bass SOLO!!" thru most of the show. Mick graced them with an impromptu bass solo and I guess it worked as TR had him add it into the set as the intro to "Sex Machine" the next nite.

After "Sex Machine" TR graced the room with his solo electric version of "Y.A.M.S" which if memory serves went directly into TR's new tune "Test of Time".

The TR original "Don't Know What" has started featuring as part of it's structure Robin Trower's "Bridge of Sighs". That started in Jacksonville, FL if memory serves as TR stretched out DKW. It appeared in the middle that nite kinda like how TR would touch on Zep in "Stream". It went over quite well and the boyz in the band loved it. It seemed to make an appearance somewhere in the song every nite since. On this nite I think it was an extended intro INTO DKW. The recording will bear out all of this. It was a whirlwind of a show.

After DKW, TR stuck in another crowd-pleasing version of Prince's Purple Rain as the end to his set. After a standing ovation for the boyz, TR came back out and kicked into the fast-paced cover of Focus' "Hocus Pocus". Guess the boys were feeling it as they did not leave the stage after that and had a brief confab onstage and lit into what I called a TR blues original but I was later told it is based on a John Lee Hooker track and that segued into ZZ Top LaGrange. Sadly the "They gotta lot nice girls out there!" was conspicuously absent for me from the version TR3 performed. LOL

What a wonderful way to end the first leg of dates. I would like to thank our soundman for the evening Jeff who did an amazing job making TR3 rock the house, Russell, Donny & the entire staff @ Bamboo Room for making us feel so welcome and taking such awesome care of us. It's always a pleasure, the boyz and I can't wait to do it again. I would also like to thank Greg for coming out and documenting this special nite for us. Sure glad it got recorded! And also Brad for setting it up. Thanx to all mentioned above for all the interest and support! TR3 and myself really appreciated it!!

LINK TO GREG'S RECORDING OF THIS SHOW:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8235

ENJOY! I know I did!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000