05/09/08 State Theatre Falls Church, VA TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  10:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Excellent show last night up in Falls Church. It was my second time seeing TR3, and it just made me want to see them even more! I scored free tickets from a contest on WeeklyDavespeak.com, so thanks to them for being able to go! Here's the setlist (as printed... I know they added Purple Rain toward the end, but I'm not sure what else changed... nothing jumps out immediately, though. We'll have to wait for the tape.)

By Your Side
Ohio
Indoctrinate
See You in Your Dreams
Sweet Spot
Wind Just Blew the Door Open
Kabbalah
Uncover the Reason
Test of Time
Do You Wanna
Cave Man
Victory Express
Skeleton Walls
Industrial Complex
Slippin' into Darkness
How Many More Times
Matte Kudasai
Move on Ahead
Donkey Bong
Sex Machine (with a guy in a Pooh suit/gas mask dancing on stage)
Hocus Pocus
Leelines
Burning Season
Backdoor
Don't Know What
-----
Whole Lotta Love (with Stairway solo and a few other Zeppelin teases)

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  8:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think the Purple Rain addition that dancheatham mentioned was indeed the only change to the setlist. Purple Rain replaced Leelines in the setlist. This was the premiere of the newly titled instrumental "By Your Side" which had only been played live once before and that nite was titled (new song)Side by Side. As TR had been on the road with Dave, TR3 hasn't had a chance to get together and work on new songs or really rehearse for that matter so at soundcheck they worked on "By Your Side" and IMHO really pulled it off. Whole Lotta Love has really morphed into more of a Zep medley which we fondly refer to as a "Zedley" that is bookended by Whole Lotta Love. And that's the way it was on May 9th in this year of our lord 2008!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  02:17:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Any word on a tape of this gig? I spoke to a taper briefly after the show...

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000