12/27/08 Jewish Mother Virginia Beach, VA TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  3:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
FANTASTIC gig last night in VA Beach! It was my first time at the Jewish Mother, and I must say it was a great venue. One of the waiters was a fellow Hokie, so he took good care of me all night. There were lots of pretty women about, too! The sound in the room was good--not at all muddy.

Here's the printed setlist:
Ohio
By Your Side
See You in Your Dreams
Wind Just Blew the Door Open
Breathing Space
Kabbalah
Trippin' on You
Wild Country
Cave Man
Uncover the Reason
Industrial Complex
How Many More Times
Matte Kudasai
Do You Wanna
Meaning to Tell You
Move on Ahead
Burning Season
Victory Express
Backdoor
Sex Machine
Test of Time
Face Off
Hocus Pocus
-----------
Whole Lotta Love
or
Don't Know What

I think the only changes were that they flip-flopped By Your Side and See You in Your Dreams, and they played Purple Rain (at my request!) after Sex Machine, replacing either Test of Time or Face Off. They went with Whole Lotta Love for the encore.

I had the good fortune of meeting Fluffy before the show, and I talked with Dan and Mick for a good while. If you haven't met this band, you're really missing out on some of the nicest guys around!

The crowd was pretty good for the most part, I thought. You could tell there were some people who came to the show with the wrong expectations (as always), but most everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. The only weird part was that NOBODY stood within 3 feet of the stage except for me. I'm not sure what the deal with that was, but it was definitely unusual.

I took some pictures, but my phone's camera is awful, so they didn't turn out too well. I'm going to the Falls Church show on friday with a buddy of mine who has an iPhone, so we'll definitely get some great shots there! I didn't see any tapers, unfortunately, but I didn't look too closely at the back of the room.

I stuck around for a little while after the show ended and talked to Fluffy and the band about all sorts of stuff. Then Tim came out to my car and listened to his solo from the T&D 1.24.99 show and told me what it was! All told, it was probably the best time I've ever had at a concert, and I even went by myself!

I can't wait for the show on Friday! The band seems really excited about it, so that's always good :)

I'm so glad I've found a new small-ish band to see on a regular basis now that Carbon Leaf sucks. That was my fourth TR3 show (well, 3 plus an opening set for DMB), and I hope to see many more in the future! Thanks again to Fluffy, Mick, Dan, and Tim for a GREAT show and for putting up with me before, during, and after =)

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000