04/17-18/09 Charlottesville, VA DMB/TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  12:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
4.18.09 TR3 Set list:
Ohio
See You in Your Dreams
The Wind Just Blew the Door Wide Open
By Your Side
Trippin' on You
?? (new song?)
Backdoor
Do You Wanna
Cave Man
Victory Express
Meaning to Tell You
Industrial Complex
How Many More Times
Matte Kudasai
Burning Season
Sex Machine (w/ Toxic Pooh and Wolf-Cow)
Kabbalah

It was quite obvious that the band was having FUN! Lots of great interaction between Mick and Tim (e.g., at the end of Cave Man, they ran together and shouted in each other's faces on each hit of the song's ending). Dan was playing a lot of cool subtle stuff, too, having fun with the songs. The show WAS taped, and the taper (Rockinman on dreamingtree.org) said that it turned out well.

The crowd was pretty good up front. Most of the people up there were crowded around Tim's side of the stage, but there were plenty on Mick's side as well. Very respectful people, paying attention to the songs. I was really worried that this show would be a mess with all the DMB fans in town and the show being free. Turns out most of them were more interested in eating lunch at Miller's, which made for a good crowd. I saw lots of people go to the merch table after the show to buy Radiance and/or a shirt!

4.17.09 DMB setlist:
Pantala Naga Pampa »
Rapunzel
Satellite
When the World Ends
You Might Die Trying
Funny the Way It Is
Burning Down the House
Stay or Leave
Raven
Grey Street
Spaceman* »
Cornbread*
Why I Am
Ants Marching
-----------------------------------
Sister
The Maker
So Damn Lucky »
Stefan solo »
All Along the Watchtower

whole show with Jeff Coffin on saxophone, Rashawn Ross on trumpet, and Tim Reynolds on electric guitar
* with Danny Barnes on banjo

4.18.09 DMB setlist:
Bartender
Pig
Granny
Old Dirt Hill (Bring That Beat Back) [tease] »
Why I Am
Dancing Nancies
Don't Drink the Water
Funny the Way It Is
Recently*
Crush*
Spaceman*% »
Cornbread*%
Jimi Thing%
So Much to Say »
Anyone Seen the Bridge »
Too Much
Two Step
-----------------------------------
The Last Stop [tease]
Stay (Wasting Time)

whole show with Jeff Coffin on saxophone, Rashawn Ross on trumpet, and Tim Reynolds on electric guitar
* with John D'Earth on trumpet
% with Danny Barnes on banjo

The DMB shows were both great, especially Night 2. John D'Earth is fantastic (the Recently is required listening), Danny Barnes took a couple of nice solos (unfortunately, his replaced Tim's solo on Cornrbead both nights), Boyd sounded great, Jeff Coffin is always wonderful to listen to, Tim sounded spot-on (he and Carter OWNED that Two Step... it's also a must-have), Carter was on fire, and Dave's voice sounded great all weekend long. (Did I forget anyone? If so, suffice it to say that EVERYONE sounded very tight.)

Highlights: Recently (4.18), Two Step (4.18), #41 (4.17), ODH>Why I Am (4.18), Crush (4.18), Spaceman>Cornbread (4.18)

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com

oldcviller
Is Anybody Here?

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  10:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love John D'Earth! It was like a time warp seeing all those guys tearing it up in Cville again.

The Pavilion concert was so much fun. TR3 sounded incredible.
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  10:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BT downloads:
TR3 4.18.09: http://www.dreamingtree.org/details.php?id=6664
DMB 4.17.09: http://www.dreamingtree.org/details.php?id=6647
DMB 4.18.09: http://www.dreamingtree.org/details.php?id=6646

The song I didn't recognize was Non-Violent Approach. Haven't heard TR3 do that one before. Looks like they had to cut their set a little short for Tim to go to DMB soundcheck, too :(

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000