New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  11:59:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a copy of Tim's obit. I mentioned something about Rew on Face Book and today I got a FB notice sharing Tim's obit. The strange and wonderful thing is that it came from a co-worker of mine that I have not seen or spoken to since school let out in June! Her husband is a minister so maybe that is the connection, I don't know. I am just stunned but so thankful that she sent me this! In turn I am sharing it with all of you who also loved Rew.

Timothy Rew–Southport
By Greg White
Print This Post
Timothy Carl Rew, 40, treasured son of Deborah Suiter, died on 17 July at New Hanover Hospital.

He was born on 13 July 1969 in Warrenton, Virginia, the only child of Deborah and Carl Sultan Rew. He was a graduate of the 1987 class of Annandale (VA.) High School.

He was preceded in death by his beloved stepfather Christopher Suiter. He is survived by his grandmother Donna Neiswonger and aunt Jane Lauby of Granite Shoals, Texas, stepbrother Geoffrey Suiter and wife Barbara of Alexandria, VA., cousins David Poarch of Manassas, VA., Denise Morton of China Grove, NC and Anthony Mallette of Crockett, TX.

Music was Timothy’s life. Most of his career was spent in the musical entertainment field working in various positions at clubs in Washington, DC and San Francisco. His last position was head of security at the Rock & Roll Hotel in Washington, DC. In addition he toured the country with rock performer Tim Reynolds as stage manager and tour driver.

Tim was a sensitive and brilliant young man, capable of wisdom and humor beyond his years; a shaman in training who would have become a wise elder. He was gentle soul who dearly loved his family and his cats. A man of peace, he is now at peace.

A memorial service to celebrate his life will be held at Peacock-Newnam & White Funeral Service in Southport on Friday, 24 July at 4pm officiated by Dr. Jonathan R. Kelley. Visitation with the family begins at 3pm at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, contributions in his memory may be made to Southport-Oak Island Animal Rescue, 3376 St. Charles Place, Southport, NC 28461
www.peacocknewnamwhite.com

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  1:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Heavy.

Thanks for sharing.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  10:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the animal rescue organization's website if anyone wants to donate in Tim's memory.

http://www.soar-nc.org/

To make a donation, click on donation, click on pay pal icon on right side, a box comes up on top that says "description" put in "Donation in memory of Timothy Rew", then fill in the amount you wish to donate and hit "update totals." Then if you have a paypal account, enter that info and it will automatically take you to a screen with receipt information. If you don't have paypal, you can sign up and then click "continue."

I am sure any donations will be put to good use and is a way to keep Rew's memory alive. Much better than buying flowers, IMO.

Anyway, no pressure, just put it out there for those like myself who really liked Rew and wanted something good come out of his untimely passing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000