New Tim and Dave Album
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  08:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen that a new Live in Las Vegas album of Tim and Dave to be release on the 9th?

I just happened to see an ad for it this morning. It looks like Tim plays Kundalini Bonfire and Kashmir. You can listen to the whole songs on Dave Matthew's Band MySpace page...and probably elsewhere.

Kind of cool...

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  10:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The bonus disc you get for pre-ordering has The Wayfarer on it too!

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  12:22:41 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There are some really good videos of that kashmir performance on youtube! I'm excited to hear some of the new tunes being played by T+D

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  4:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

There are some really good videos of that kashmir performance on youtube! I'm excited to hear some of the new tunes being played by T+D

Same here, I really want to show off that performance for my friend Marc. I pre-ordered it the other day . . . but learning from my experience with the BWGK box set, I selected the lowest shipping price. LOVE DMB, LOVE TIM, VERY Annoyed with Music Today (it's been going downhill since it was sold) . . . but the bonus disc is why I bought it from there.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  5:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well this took freekin' long enough to find:

http://www.store.livenation.com/Product.aspx?cp=13281_16771_1_30086&pc=DM156COMBO

but there it is since no one above provided the link...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  09:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

http://www.store.livenation.com/Product.aspx?cp=13281_16771_1_30086&pc=DM156COMBO

Didn't think to go to davematthewsband.com and click the giant PREORDER NOW link? ;)

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  10:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dancheatham

quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

Didn't think to go to davematthewsband.com and click the giant PREORDER NOW link? ;)

Not at all... someone else threw out "music today" and I just figured that was where to go. In any case a link makes it easy. :D

But you're right... it's right there on the front page.

I'm not good with "obvious".

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  1:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I downloaded the CD from Amazon today. I'm not totally blown away. Tim is pretty reserved so far (I'm only about 1/2 of the way through). It just generally feels detached.

But I'll need to give it a listen a few times before I weigh in too heavily.

Kundalini wasn't as good as I had hoped. Que sera, sera.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  3:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kashmir is GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  10:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was surprised to see Kundalini even out there! It's been sitting on the shelf for a while, maybe that's the reason you aren't blown away by it.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  12:56:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I'm not blown away by it because I've heard him play it so much better. I was kind of hoping for the 9 minute opus that it usually is. He kept it kind of short. Kashmir more than made up for it though.

The album is already growing on me. The 2nd have is really great. I guess the more I listen to it the more I'll like it. I'm really hoping for a DVD.
Go to Top of Page

muldercat
Is Anybody Here?

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  7:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cover of Kashmir is mind-blowing! Goodness, I love it!
Millissa

freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.--KK
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2010 :  09:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I also really liked what Dave said about Tim after Kashmir. Tim is the man, no doubt.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  12:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This album is starting to grow on me, I played it really loud last night and really enjoyed it.

On a side note, does anyone have the Wayfarer they could share with me? I'm not a Warehouse member so I only got the 4 song EP, not the 8.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2010 :  6:32:35 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hit you up on facebook. So now you know the "who" just have to figure out the "how."

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

webchomp
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  08:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is some sik music these guys are putting out! I scored a promotional Poster at DaveMatthewsPoster.com for this latest album which I am pretty stoked about too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000