New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  11:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great, great, great show. Lots of songs about God, the Devil, dying, and alcohol. Lots of energy from Dave and Tim. They were clearly having a great time, big smiles and grins, lots of between song banter. This was my first time getting to see Dave and Tim. Ten years of waiting and it was completely worth it.

Tim's solo songs a rare (perhaps first time ever) six string version of "And Then They Were Free" followed by a blazing version of "Che." The lady next to us filmed entire songs on her digital camera throughout the show, with close ups on Dave. But she filmed the entirety of Tim's solos which made me extremely happy. Mostly respectful audience, lots of exuberance. Lots of people very excited by Tim's songs and work. The thing that struck me the most was how Tim plays like a bassist throughout the show.

Was great getting to meet a bunch of east coasters, too! Teri, Patric, Dan, etc. Wonderful to meet you all, I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  10:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

The thing that struck me the most was how Tim plays like a bassist throughout the show.

I noticed that too. I've never seen him do that before, but it was pretty neat and it sounded good!

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  10:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dancheatham

quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

The thing that struck me the most was how Tim plays like a bassist throughout the show.

I noticed that too. I've never seen him do that before, but it was pretty neat and it sounded good!

It makes sense, because I remember reading about how he played so much bass growing up. But to see him play like that was astounding! The speed and clarity of his work using his fingers like that was amazing.

It was really, really nice to hear "And Then They Were Free." I must admit (shamefully) that it has been too long since I've listened to Nomadic Wavelength.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  10:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I wasn't at the DC show, I think he did the same "bass" playing at times on the Radio City Music Hall DVD.

There are already a billion clips up on YouTube from DC. But it doesn't look like anyone recorded (or at least posted) Tim's solos. Annoying...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000