Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Upcoming TIM REYNOLDS benefit show

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tooltime Posted - 01/14/2005 : 03:58:44 AM
Where: El Rey Theater/Puccini’s Golden West
620 and 622 Central Ave SW (7th and Central)
When: Friday, January 21 and Saturday, January 22, 2005
Time: Doors/Show at 7pm (National headliners will perform at 11PM)
Cost: $5 Friday (all ages welcome) / $10 Saturday (21+ w/ I.D.)
Producer/Director

Dan Garduño - InsideOut/Garduño Glass
co-Producer

Joey Belasco
co-Producer

Clover Hatcher
Director of Art

THE NEW HISTORIC EL REY THEATER AND PUCCINI’S GOLDEN WEST

Presents

GENESIS for the arts

Second Year Anniversary!

Experience the start of the New Historic El Rey Theater/Puccini’s Golden West festival in celebration of Life, Creation and Empowerment, Genesis, Friday, January 21st and Saturday, January 22nd. The year 2004 hosted well-established artists such as TIM REYNOLDS Dave Matthews Collaborator, punk-rock trio BLACKFIRE recently on Warped Tour ’04, STOIC FRAME, JET MOTOR CRASH, BIONIC JIVE, THORNLEY, and BREAKING BENJAMIN. There’s no better way to celebrate than bringing back nearly all of last years participants. There’s genuine talent to be shown to the community of Albuquerque with a myriad of activity. As always, these nights will be a benefit for Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. Proceeds will be given to UNM- Cancer Treatment & Research Center.
Doors open at 7pm with an art reception and Happy Hour catered by Tucano’s Brazilian Grill and Wrap it Up. Schedules of performances are as follows:

EL REY THEATER
TIM REYNOLDS (National Headliner: solo/acoustic)
Jenny Gamble Trio
Twenty 5 South
Feels Like Sunday
Rage Against Martin Sheen
The Blue Room
Buddha Betties
Shiva
Mike G
Scarlett’s Playdo
Guest DJ: MFP

GOLDEN WEST
Electronica w/ the following DJ’s
Grant
Reverond Mitton
Professor Jeff

Throughout each evening, Genesis will feature: Experimental Film/Visuals, Body Artist Jessie Bennett and Stimuli Productions, Digital Art, Drink Specials, Chumeia- Fire Spinners, The G Lovelies (Go-Go Dancers), Silent Auction and much more. This event is made possible by community support from many generous sponsors including: Al’s NYPD; Ambrozia; Angel Alley; Astray; Bentley Bros; Betty’s Bath and Day Spa; Bird Land; Bound to be Read; Caustic Lye; Citadel Radio; Clearchannel Radio; Concepto Tambor; Evolution, Inc. Body Piercing; Fast Heart Mart; Felonious Groove Foundation; Garduño Glass; Grandma’s Music and Sound; Hardware; The Hotel Blue; Inphusion; The Jackson 4; Justin Ro; KABQ 104.1; KI; KRYST; KTEG 104.7 THE EDGE; Labella Salon & Spa- Veronica Navigato; Love Overdose; Maloof Companies; Mark Pardo Salon & Spa; Martha’s Body Bueno; Milagro Brewing; The Mindy Set; 93.3 KOB FM; Oktober People; Quality Inn; Rodey Theatre/Scene Shop- Richard Hess; Romano’s Macaroni Grill; Romeo Goes to Hell; Sachs; Scream Along Songs; Skinny Fat; Snob Hill; Soular; Stimulus; SunSong Audio- Tim; Tricklock Theatre Co; Tucano’s Brazilian Grill; Wrap it Up; and Zimmer Productions. This production is part of an ongoing series of extravagant events, an Expression, an Experiment, an Experience…/gen e sis/, “a beginning."

“If there is no pain, there is neither the reason nor the desire to think or create”
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 01/24/2005 : 6:24:34 PM
That is from the local newspaper, don't be too hard on them. LOL We are lucky if newspapers don't call him a "member of DMB". LOL

Did anyone attend? Would love to hear a review! THANX
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 01/21/2005 : 10:22:37 AM
Tim Reynolds of Dave Matthews and Friends? Screw that.
tooltime Posted - 01/20/2005 : 2:39:50 PM

by Jessica Del Curto

Daily Lobo

Albuquerque's art scene is coming together to rock against breast cancer.

Genesis for the Arts, a collaborative show benefiting breast cancer, will celebrate its second anniversary at El Rey Theatre and Puccini's Golden West Saloon.

Kathy Zimmer, co-owner of the venue, said the benefit is unique, because it combines artistic genres over the course of two nights.

"No one else does an arts show," she said. "That is pretty unique right there."

Digital art, experimental film, body artists, dancers and a silent auction are some of the events in the two-day show.

Eric Torrez, director of Genesis, puts it on quarterly, and once a year, he has an anniversary party.

"The audience started small," Zimmer said. "Maybe 50 or 60 people. Now the audience has grown to maybe 400."

Zimmer said it was her idea to make the event a benefit show.

"There are different ways of doing fund-raisers," she said. "They can raise money or visibility and attention to the cause."

This event is aimed at raising awareness of breast cancer among college students, so they understand they cannot charge a lot of money.

Tim Reynolds of Dave Matthews and Friends will perform on Saturday night.

Giovanna Urbina of local band Hit by a Bus is pretty excited about the performance.

"This is our first time performing at El Rey," she said. "It will be kind of cool, because a few years ago, I saw Weezer perform on the same stage."

She said not getting paid for this show is not a problem.

"It's not an issue to us," she said. "We never even really thought about it."

She said she is looking forward to sharing a stage with so many other local artists.

Zimmer said the show is also unique because of how many sponsors come together.

"There are over 50 sponsors," she said. "That means there is a great deal of community involvement."

Urbina hopes the second anniversary is a start of many others.

"It's a great cause, obviously," she said. "I hope that there is a 12-year anniversary, and it will contribute to finding a cure along the way."

Arthen Posted - 01/15/2005 : 6:36:07 PM
"Rage Against Martin Sheen"?! I think I will, thank you!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000