Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 SOKO TWO

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PJK Posted - 05/14/2005 : 09:02:59 AM
I am copying this on this side of the board as well as the friends side, because TIM did contribute to one of the songs and he is a great friend of Mike and Houston. Also, this side of the board is more serious.

I wanted to share this press release with all of you. Hopefully some of you will be interested enough to buy a copy for yourself. The music is wonderful, very dear to me and it is accompanied by a booklet of artwork for each song. You will see some familiar names on the back of the booklet. Someone in particular from this board who is an awesome person and has helped with this in every way he could. While Fluffy's name is mentioned, he is not the one I am talking about. Got your curiosity up?

I am very grateful to all who helped with this album. The music is superb and that is due to the dedication and hard work of Mike, Houston and the musicians involved, including TIM! The completion of this work of art is a dream come true for me. I hope many of you will enjoy this as much as I do!

Soko Two: Soulful jazz fusion combo releases second full-length album

Eight years after the release of their critically acclaimed debut, In November Sunlight, Charlottesville, VA-based band Soko, has created their second full-length album, Two.

Street Release: May 17 2005.

Two’s 12 full-length tracks comprise a diversity of styles that range in tone and instrumentation from African/world beat to rock, fusion, and new age. Simple vocal/piano duets like “On the Matter of Coping” give way to layered arrangements of strings, horns, guitars, percussion and vocal choir, such as the 16-minute “Joy of Love.”

Each composition inhabits its own discrete world and features its own unique instrumentation, including talking drum, nylon string guitar, piano, bass, xylophone, and electric guitar. The album contains freshly arranged concert staples from the band’s performing years in the mid- and late-90s ("Plant the Sky," "Dark Beam of the Seine," "Antidote," "The In-between"), new studio collaborations ("Joy of Love," "Bamboo Cool," "Speak Up," "On the Matter of Coping"), and a breathtaking cover of Lennon/McCartney’s “Rain.”

Soko Two features the writing & recording duo of Houston Ross (bass, vocals, talking drum, log drum, percussion triggers, nylon string guitar) and Michael Sokolowski (piano, synthesizers, tar, bells, xylophone, shakers, percussion triggers, electric guitar).

In November Sunlight, the band’s debut album, was praised by All Music Guide for its “picturesque melodies” and “exceptional musicianship.”

A star-studded stable of guest musicians contribute to the panoply of moods, rhythms, melodies, and textures on Two, including virtuoso guitarist Tim Reynolds (“Joy of Love”), Grammy-nominated cellist David Darling (“Antidote”), former Soko drummer John Gilmore, and jazz trumpeter John D'Earth.

The album was recorded outside of Charlottesville, Va. at Haunted Hollow, the home studio of the Dave Matthews Band. Rob Evans engineered and mixed the album, and Grammy Award-winning Bob Katz (who's worked with Dizzy Gillespie, Emmylou Harris, Wynton Marsalis, and McCoy Tyner among others) mastered the album.

Soko: Two will be available for purchase via MusicToday.com at www.sokoband.com and www.breezewayrecords.com. It will also be available at Amazon.com, CD Universe, Apple’s iTunes, MSN Music, and most online retailers and download services within the coming weeks.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 05/17/2005 : 11:42:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JTR

This CD, along with TR's new album, are going to be the first two things I buy once I get back from Europe. I can't wait, there's few CDs that get as much play time from me as Soko's first one does.

Where in Europe are you and when are you leaving?
PJK Posted - 05/17/2005 : 08:08:36 AM
Today is the official release date! Woohooo!!!!!! What an awesome cd!!!
JTR Posted - 05/14/2005 : 11:29:48 AM
This CD, along with TR's new album, are going to be the first two things I buy once I get back from Europe. I can't wait, there's few CDs that get as much play time from me as Soko's first one does.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000