Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Tim's bebop?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kevin Posted - 05/12/2005 : 6:36:15 PM
Hey guys...I remember reading somewhere that Tim started playing bebop at first on guitar...I was wondering if anyone knew if there are recordings available of this? If not, could you guys recommend some good bebop artists/albums?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kevin Posted - 05/18/2005 : 3:52:50 PM
Thanks man! I appreciate all the names! I'll definitely give them a look...thanks again.
Zachmozach Posted - 05/12/2005 : 9:43:26 PM
I don't know about the bebop stuff with Tim, but I used to have some more Jazz influenced stuff Tim did. However the disc that contained that stuff was stolen. Kevin Lesko, Fluffy or Erich probably have more info on that. If you are looking for bebop on the guitar try Wes Montgomery, or Joe Pass. If you're looking for bop in general, then Charlie Parker was the man, and then Bud Powell had some killer stuff. Miles had a good bop quintet in the fifties. Art Blakely, and the Jazz Messengers really got into some hard bop too. That's a few off the top of my head to get you started.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000