TRelated Topics
 Gossip of the Neurons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  12:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking about buying GotN in the near future; I'm sure it's amazing but how does it compare to his other acoustic albums like Stream or Nomadic Wavelengths? Does it have effects or is it straight up acoustic?

Also how are his collaborations with other musicians; albums like Sticks and Stones, etc?

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  12:19:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the effects on GOTN are minimal... Tim uses some delay and some looping, but it is mostly straight up acoustic improv. It is a sweet CD. Took me a few listens to really appreciate it but now it is among my main rotation in the CD player. Ya can't beat "Loose Interpretations." Stream has a lto fo twelve-string action, as well as Nomadic Wavelength. As far as comparing it to the others like SIYS or NM, the most noticeable difference to me is the amount of pure improv. The studio albums, while fresh and original, have more of a composed and thought-through quality, while GOTN is like a stream of consciousness through six strings.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  12:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gossip is fantastic, but on the trippier side of his works. Its all live, and there are lots of improvisations, and he utilizes the pedals and effects just as much. Soundwise theres a slight reverb throughout the entire show which i dont particularly like comparitively, but its still a great album.

I dont have any of the colaborations yet

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  12:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love reverb!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  02:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gossip of the Neurons is one of my favorite albums. It might take a little time to get into it, but it's definitely worth it.

I've got Sticks and Stones: Transmigration, and it can be hard to get into, lots of weird crazy sounds, but good. Plus you get to hear Tim do a lot of awesome things, like playing the violin and mandolin (Which I especially love). I'm downloading some of the Offering show, off of archive.org and I'm liking the stuff he's doing on it. Some pretty cool guitar work and muscianship all around.

But definitely get GotN!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2003 :  11:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Out of all my TR collection, Gossip is my favorite. It's just so relaxing and awesome...the ultimate "herbal" album, in my mind. It has sparked many a fine conversation, and has really helped me a lot lately. It is one of those albums where you can really get into, it just grabs you and keeps you there. It's some of my favorite guitar works ever, I just love the damn thing...Plus Fluffy and Tim signed it

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000