Hopeful Heresy Q
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ChineseDM
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  9:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there I was wondering if anyone could shed a little light on proper fingering or suggestions on 2nd bar of part A
e---------------------------------------------
B--0-1----1--1----1-----3-------------1----x-
G--0------0--0----2--------4p2---0----2----x-
D---------------------------0-----0----3----x-
A-------2------------3------------2-------3-x-
E-----3---------1-----------3---3----1--------

i have trouble around that C on A string in the middle because in the 1st bar i just put my pinky on this C, but in this case i can't reach that D on the B string, should I just play D string open or 5th fret on A instead of the one at B string? or other suggestions perhaps? thanks in advance

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  10:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
once you put the barre down on across the first fret, i'd use my ring finger for the on the a string and then my pinky for the d on the b string. that leaves your middle finger availible for the g on the e string and your pinky and first finger in position for the b to a pull off on the g string. you'll have to move your middle finger again to get the b on the a string so your first finger can make the barre across the first fret again. that's how i'd do it, anyway. maybe towards the end if you could manage your ring finger down on that low g you woon't have to move with your middle finger to the b. it just makes the pull off a little awkward.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

ChineseDM
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  10:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm yeah i was afraid you'd say that :P but makes sense though that's one of the ways i thought of doing too, albeit more troublesome, gotta suck it up, pratice makes perfect eh
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  08:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you check out one of his videos from the FTP (10/10/01 Disc 1, 5/5/00 Disc 2), you can get his finger economics down pretty easily.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  12:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that's probably the best idea, is to watch what he does.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

ChineseDM
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  4:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thx for the tip guys! FTP site dont seem to be working now ahh well i'll try later
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  6:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that to me seems less troublesome than using the pinky on c. that would make smoke just pour from my ears. also, there's a tabs section on the boards, too. just for future reference.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000