Suggested Live Jams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  8:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
After that underrated songs thread and my ranting about Tim's improvisational tracks, I was wondering what are your favorite improvisations by him?

If you hadn't read my post on the underrated songs thread, my favorite is 10-31-92 (unknown venue) tracks 3-5. Absolute madness....slapping with a slide?? I can do that, only when I do it, it sounds more like a lawnmower sounds... after falling off of a 3 story building.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  08:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Again, refer to my 3/26/03 D&T solo from the other thread, it's unfucking real, he plays a jazz chord breakdown similar to the one he uses in SIASL, but it's twice as fast, and many more chords. It's just a sexy jam.

The track Tim calls Inner City Blues is one of my faves too, saw it at Teaneck 9-15-04, very cool and understated. Metamorphosis 12-9-00 is has another great improv section. Jemez Rolling Waves from 10-26-00 has an unbelivable ragtime kind of jam which Tim plays out for several minutes...uh...this is tough off the top of my head...I'll come back with some more.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  11:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The track Tim calls Inner City Blues is one of my faves too, saw it at Teaneck 9-15-04, very cool and understated.

That is a Marvin Gaye cover. That song can be found on the cd "What's Goin On" which is a must own if you don't have it!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  07:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No shit.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000