TR performing in DC Sept 10th, 2005
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  3:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As part of the Dept of Peace Conference over that weekend in Washington DC, TR will be performing 2 short sets. Here is a link to more info about the event:

http://www.thepeacealliance.org/events/sept_conf_05.htm

The Dept of Peace festivities will also include such luminaries as Judy Collins, Patch Adams and of course Dennis Kucinich just to name a few. The schedule for the 10th which includes TR's perfomances is as follows:

Saturday, September 10
(L'Enfant Plaza Hotel)

2:00 – 3:30 pm - Registration - meeting others from your state and district.

3:30 – 4:30 - "Welcome and Keynote" Marianne Williamson - plus Jan Hartke on the history of the Dept. of Peace.

4:30 - 5:00 - Getting to know each other- break into regional groups

5:00 – 7:00 - Dinner break

7:00 – 7:15 - Music: Tim Reynolds

7:15 - 7:45 - Keynote – Azim Khamisa "Faitherapy and Forgiveness: A Concept for Healing".

7:45 – 10:00 - Forum on Community Solutions followed by Q&A: Samina Faheem Sundas (Muslim and minority solutions); Jennifer Batton (Youth/Nonviolence education), Brahma Kumaris Sister Jenna (Community crisis resistance), Lauren Abramson (Community Conferencing -Restorative Justice)

10:00 - 10:15 - Music: Tim Reynolds

For a full schedule of the weekend long events check out:

http://www.thepeacealliance.org/events/conf/schedule.htm

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  8:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fifteen minute sets? I wouldn't be able to pick which songs to play...

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  11:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's two you'll probably see:

Indoctrinate
All You Need is Love

Those were standard during his Kucinich dates.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  05:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is something I would love to attend, not just to hear TIM but to listen to some of the speakers. I would especially like to hear Dennis Kucinich. Small in stature, but this countries last hope of getting sensibility back. I don't agree with all his ideas, but the man is honest and really cares, which is more than most in DC. He also doesn't quit and I like that quality in a person.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  10:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT in case anyone can make this event. I really wanted to, not only for Tim's part but just because I find it all interesting. Due to the week I had that just isn't possible. I sure hope someone attends because I really want to hear about it.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000