New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gtr Opus
Is Anybody Here?

16 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  11:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

I hate to have to post this, but I think I lost my entire TR collection due to Hurricane Katrina. I worked up until the time I had to evacuate; therefore, I was in such a rush to get out that I took the CDs on my lower shelves and moved them to higher ground like my kitchen table thinking they would be safe. Now seeing the damage, devastation, and flooding, it makes me think I lost everything ... 25 plus years of music (over 1,200 CDs and 300 DVDs), my life-long photo collection, clothes (I only have 5 pair of shorts, 5 t-shirts, and a pair of jeans, and a few other items that fit into my truck), books, etc. I don't care about my furniture, electronics (stereo, tv, etc.), but I will, and already do, miss my music collection.

Maybe some of you can help people like myself who would find solace in listening to TR by providing copies of his recordings.

I hate to ask for anything without something to offer in return, but I feel that what I had to offer, an extensive collection, is completely gone. I do not know for sure as it will be a while before we are allowed back in to the city to access our former abodes, but from what I have been able to gather from friends and news reports is not good.

It's pretty sad that when I get a computer of my own working, I will have to go to the archive and download the Tipintina's show that I originally made available. Life is strange...

Peace

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  11:23:59 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You've got somewhere to stay and all that? What part are you from, if I might ask? Looks like you have only two posts, but I remember you for some reason... I'm sorry you lost so much.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  1:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gtr Opus, my heart goes out to you. You are family here so of course we will help out. Once you get established somewhere, let us know and each of us will pitch in and get you on your way to establishing a music collection again!

Music is my religion!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  1:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey enthuTIMsiast, Keith is TR's good friend from New Orleans. He was the one who sent you the NO's recording of TR's last show there. He has quite a few more posts under his alternate screenname GtrOpus(same minus the "space")

Hey Keith, so so sorry to hear about your loss, very glad U are OK! I am going to call TR and inform him about your news. Don't know if you have talked to him or not. You know I will be happy to replace all of your TR CD's for ya to at least get you partially back on track. Email me when you have an address I can send them too. My heart goes out to you, your family and all your friends. If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to ask.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  2:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya I've got a few live shows I'm willing to share as well. That's the worst thing is that most possessions are a loss, but are nothing with any real value as they can be replaced. Things like photos, and music etc. sometimes can not. Hopefully it turns out better than expected though.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  2:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't have much in the way of live tr shows, but as far as your cd collection in general, i'll help. i don't know if you want to list all 1,200 cds, that's seems like quite the task, but if you can give me an idea of what cds your missing, i'll see what i can do.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Gtr Opus
Is Anybody Here?

16 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  6:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy,

I could not remember my password to my screen name without the space, and in my fumbling, I found this screen name (which I probably created when I forgot the other one at a different time).

Man is it good to hear from you! Just reading everyone's posts brings a smile to my face and heart (and I had a bad nite last nite thinking about things I probably lost ... I'll spare you guys the details), so thank you all!

I am in Dallas now where I stayed a few extra days because my new friend is taking me to see DMB tonight. (I was going to head to my parents house in Florida few days ago to be surrounded by family, but she enticed me to stay.) I do, however, plan on leaving for there tomorrow (or Monday depending on how hung-over I am ... yes, I am going to smoke [not cigarettes], drink, and be merry tonight).

Once in FL, I will have a little more time to deal with things and communicate with you guys.

I came to this board several times over several days thinking about posting before I decided to write. Now I'm glad that I did. Again, thank you all!

I must add that there are many, many people without homes, money, food, water, etc. It almost makes me feel guilty to eat knowing that many haven't had a bite to eat in 6 days. I have let the tv station I work for (cameraman if you want to know) know that I am more than ready to return to new Orleans to work ... to help ... but I was informed that I would be contacted when my services are needed. Sorry about the digression, but it really sucks not even being able to go back home to see my (probably underwater) house.

I have always been enamored by the outpouring of love on this site. If the world's leaders were the regulars that posted here, our world would be a much better place!!! Please take pride in that!

Gotta go (to the show) ....

Peace!

Keith

P.S. Fluffy, I'll drop you a line in a day or two.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  9:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SAFE TRAVELS MY FRIEND and hopefully the show will help to take your mind off of the other stuff. Music is the GREAT HEALER! Look forward to hearing from you and once again SAFE TRAVELS!!!

PS I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say THANX for your kind words about our little community here. I got goosebumps reading it! We are here for ya!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  12:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can only imagine what you, and everyone else is going through. Much love and light to you in the coming days and months. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  5:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In the end, stuff is just stuff. The important thing is that you made it out ok.

I don't have anywhere near as many CD's as most on this board probably do, but what's mine is yours. If you post a list of some highlights of your collection and an address I'm sure we can collectively get you started again.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  3:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Keith,

I'll burn you whatever DVDs you want from my collection, man. If I all lost all of my music I'd be irate...fuck my house. Anyway, glad you're OK and I hope everything works out. Again, whenever you want some discs, or anything else for that matter, let me know.

Jared.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  6:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you need a job in the meantime ...Im involved in a huge career conference Tomorrow in Arlington in partner with the 2 major newspapers in Dallas/ Ft.Worth.

This might help you get back on your feet until they let you back home.( Thats...If you want to stay in the Metroplex until then )

We have a ton of Recruiters signed up to help the evacuees here in Dallas/ Fort Worth get established and on their feet.

Wed, Sept 7th
10am to 3pm
Arlington Convention Center
Free Admission & Parking
No Pre-registration required.

1200 Ballpark Way, Arlington, TX 76011

Take care..

JoshMartin

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  5:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Sorry I've been so slow in getting back here but this gypsy does not travel with an internet capable computer, so I have to make do when I can. Everyone's kind words are incredibly healing, thank you! And I will take some of you guys up on the offer for music once I am a little more stable.

Josh, I would have taken you up on the offer had I gotten the message in time. I'm sorry I missed that opportunity.

I am in Florida now, but will be leaving to work in the New Orleans area tomorrow: I will be working at least two weeks and up to seven weeks for National Geographic. Can't wait as I hope to get to visit my house. In fact, I just asked the associate producer if she wanted to film someone (me) visit their house for the first time since leaving. She thought it was a great idea and wants me to present it to the on-site producer tomorrow. Of course, I dont want to be caught on camera blubbering like an idiot ... ha-ha.

My email address is GtrOpus@yahoo.com. Please feel free to contact me there as my internet access might be very limited for the next few weeks.

And lastly, but not least importantly, I would like to thank Pam (PJK) for all of her support! Her emails have been incredibly healing and she actually purchased CDs online and had them sent to my parents house. Never in a million years would I have ever expected someone to do such a kind act for me. She now has a new friend and adopted brother for life.

You guys all rock! Muisc is a healer (and Jared ... I am totally pissed that I probably lost everything ... hah!) and your hearts all drew you to Tim's music. Without Tim Reynolds and his gift of music we would not have this message board to communicate on. Thanks to TR, Fluffy, and Rew for spreading the love!

Peace!

Keith
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  10:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thinking about starting a T's for Tim Fans drive. It would be impossible to help all but we could at least hook up GTR Opus. Between all of of we should be able to get you back to they way you were pre Kat***a, if not ever better than before. I'll post this on its own. If you give us your height and weight we will get you back to the way you were before. I will post my address on the other post. People please send shit to me and i'll gather one big package to get to you. My mom is also crazy with this shit, i'll get her wheels churning. It seems like an impossible task fo fix the whole, it is well within our reach to help the individual. Please give us a list of shit you need and/or want. No bullshit from message board regulars. Look for my own post a bit later.

Slaughter, a word to live by....
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  7:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"No bullshit from message board regulars."

your demands mean nothing.

nonsense aside, i agree this idea is a good one.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  8:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto dan! Wait if I say ditto does that constitute bullshit from the board regulars? Why did you say that anyway OS? .......walks away in my normal confused state

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  10:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I am sorry...

I kinda meant it as a joke. When I get time this week/end I will have this all better organized.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  11:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
s'alright. hard to tell when someone is joking on a message board unless they out and out say it.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  11:15:41 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It was all I could do not to post something meaningless after the "no bullshit" demand.

Duck demands or die!! Quack fucking quack.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  11:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha... "people please send shit to me and i'll gather one big package to get to you. My mom is also crazy with this shit, i'll get her wheels churning".

That was great!

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  11:23:33 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't doubt his sincerity, because he's going to have to give an address. it's [EDIT: not] like he's going to steal all of our shit after giving a place to send it to, because leaving the address makes him tracable, even if it isn't his.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  5:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dan p.

82 brunswick avenue
lebanon, NJ 08833

You keep your shit big mouth. You attitude is not needed.

Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  5:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
again this was supposed to be an easy thing we could all do to make a fellow fan's life a bit easier. You can either believe me or not. This is going to be the risk you will have to take.

I have a bit more class and integrity than to make a profit off others missfortunes.

bye bye

Nick Pope
82 Brunswick Ave
Lebanon, NJ 08833

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  11:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think dan was agreeing that you were good for it man, relax.

Anyway, what should we do, send you stuff? Cd copies, or shirts or what exactly?

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  12:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was saying i believe you're going to do it, of course that was hindered the typo, where i forgot the word "not." it has been fixed. i apologize for the misunderstanding.

anyway, i think there's something that you and i, in conjunction with the other board members, need to get straight. and before this goes on any further, let's talk about it. you can say "no bullshit from board regulars" and "keep your shit, big mouth" or whatever, but no one here gives a fuck about what you think in regards to the input others choose to supply. honestly, just stop with that, because ultimately people are going to say their piece regardless of what you have to say about it. don't like it? too fucking bad. you have no control and no say as to who says what when here. you're not a moderator, and you can't physically stop anyone from saying what they want, so give it a rest, tough guy. no one cares, and no one's impressed. my attitude? my attitude is the fucking gold standard compared to yours. i seem to recall your 5th post ripping on some guy for not doing a tab right. in fact, every post i can think of is full of that sort of thing. so, you know, re-evaluate that. you can talk to me about my attitude when you're not an asshole.

sorry to have to do that. what a great vibe we have now. awesome. anyway, whatever manner of stuff we're going to decide to send, cds, clothing, what have you, i'm down. just some sort of list would be helpful.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  06:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jason, if you want to sent him music, email me and I will send you his parents address. Probably better for music to be mailed directly to his folks house. He will be going back there after his job with National Geographics if not to stay, to get the music I sent him. LOL

As far as clothes etc I would wait until we hear from Keith to see what his needs are before sending anything to OS. Personally, I think we can coordinate what people are sending on the board. I think it would be silly to mail things to one address only to have it sent to another, just my opinion.

BTW, OS, your idea was a good one, very kind!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  12:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OnlySuperstition

I have a bit more class and integrity than to make a profit off others missfortunes.

I believe you do sir, but isn't it hard to determine class and integrity through an anonymous message board.

Like Dan said, could we get a list of needed stuff? I'd be more than happy to send out some stuff.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  12:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wont even bother replying to the comments above. It doesnt really matter.

Please GRT OPUS when you read this please give us a listing of things you need and we will do our best to get you the things on the list.

Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  9:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys....

No fighting! I know it was meant without harm (not saying that you did, but I put my foot in my mouth all the time).

I'm sitting in the Louisiana State Police (Command Headquarters) Operations Center on a borrowed laptop, so to say I have limited access, is an understatement.

The interviews we did at shelters today made me want to offer everything I had, which is basically nothing, to those people. We interviewed a guy who had to almost swim out with his two-year old because they didn't have the means to leave ($$$$). I would go on, but I have to get going.

I love the idea about clothes and stuff since I don't own but a pair of jeams and about 5 pair of shorts, but I'm not one to take things from people ... or course, because of what has happened over the last few weeks, I am quite in need.

Pam, PJK, does have my parents address and since I might not make it to this board for a while I wear 32/32 pants and large shirts. Please discuss things with her as we have become quite good friends and communicate a lot (compared to my other communications). I trust her judgement.

Again though, I am not asking for anything besides replacing my music collection as I need that for peace of mind.

Gotta run... producer is calling.

Thanks everyone! You are amazing!

Keith

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  4:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got an email from Keith today and he asked if I could cut and paste parts of it which I of course will do! First and formost:

DO NOT SEND HIM ANY SHIRTS! By some sort or weird stroke of luck his shirts and his shirts ONLY were spared from destruction. Ok, now on to the following parts of his email:

I lost nearly
everything. I got about 10 inches of water, but it
wickered up into my furniture and ruined everything in
every dresser and I lost all my pants, jackets, suits,
books,etc. in my one closet. The only clothes I
salvaged were shirts, so on the message board, please
I need to get the message out not to buy any shirts.

My kicthen table got waterlogged and colasped spilling
my entire TR collection (not to mention about 500
other CDs) into the water. My CD shelf collasped as
well spilling another 300 or 400 CDs intot he drink.
My house smells like death. Mold was growing on my
clothes, furniture, walls, etc. It was gross.

So the big items if you all are willing would be to send music, (I know you were getting on that one Jason, right?), jeans, anything you can think of that would be needed, just not shirts. I know Keith will be thankful for anything anyone can send.

I will give out his parents address via email. My email addy is:
ELMS4BB@AOL.COM. Please Identify yourself as a TR board member so I don't think I am getting hit with spam. (I know I would recognize some of your emails just not everyone here.)

I will say thank you for Keith and I know he will thank all of you when he gets time.

I don't know about all of you, I am once again feeling so lucky to have what I have. I am just praying Keith doesn't get ill from being back down there, the bacteria levels are extraodinarily high, really off the charts!

Peace everyone!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  5:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, the damage 10 inches of water can do... a girl I work with has relatives who got over 6 feet of water in their house. I guess it doesn't matter, everyone lost just about everything.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  10:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, water does some bad damage. My next door neighbors toilet broke while they were on vacation. The tank in back of it split open and water poured out for days before the relative they had checking the house found it. It was in the upstairs bathroom too, anyway they had to gut most of the house because of all the damage.

Like Keith said, water just gets absorbed by the furniture and it ruins the wood and fabrics. Add the mold and mildew and yuck!

I just know once again, I am so thankful for what I have.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  7:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is from Keith.
http://dr-goodheart.blogspot.com/

Scroll down to where it says, Dr Goodheart Goes Hollywood

It is extremely interesting. Funny thing is I read the email this morning but didn't have time to read this website so I hit print thinking I would read it in school before classes. Well little did I know it would print 52 pages! Only the first 6 had to do with Keith and crew filming the National Geographic documentary, but the entire thing is a very interesting article to read. It is well written by a cardiologist from California that went to Mississippi to lend a help. I learned a lot just from reading this. Since it is kind of like a diary from him it helps to read in the order of dates, but however you do it, its worth it to read it.

Keith stressed the fact that its his hope that National Geographic
are honest in their presentation of the truth.

One thing Keith said I found particularly inspirational :"The
most inspiring thing that I hear over and over is how much, and
how many, many, people dropped their lives to come and help
from all over the world. It helped me realize that people really do
have good hearts ... something I had been questioning much over
the last months..."

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000