09/12/06 The Ark Ann Arbor, MI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  03:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This show can be described in 2 words....Sinfully Sublime

You've heard me describe many of those "pin drop" crowds but tonite the vibe in the room was as sublime as the audience was quiet. TR was in one of those rare quiet moods and it really showed in the show and his setlist which was followed almost to the letter tonite:

Split Atom West Soup
Rheg
Uncle Chair
Che
Open Up
Truth
Betrayal
Indoctrinate - Dogs of War
------------------------
Try A Little Harder
Axiom
Hands Full
Vantage
Doom
Arroyo
As Far As We Can See
------------------------
In Your Eyes
Chatterbox
After The Dust
Experimental Breakdown
-------------------------
War Must End
Ocean
Hold On
Stream
---------------------------
Space Germans On the Jesus
Cold Sweat

As you can see it's not TR's usual song selection and the delivery was, how else can I say it, extremely quiet, yet quite dynamic. There were subtleties and experiments in dynamics I rarely hear. First he would get so so quiet, then an explosion of sound. Pretty amazing setlist and a quite unique delivery. TR was very excited to play this room again and it definitely showed. Happy to say that this show was recorded both by us from the soundboard and also by a fan with mics and also one with a video camera. Not sure if the video camera got the whole set but I know we got audio from the board for the entire set. I changed CD's between "As Far As..." and "In Your Eyes". Don't think we missed anything music-wise at the change. TR also must have been feeling it tonite as he played his heart out for about 110 minutes.

Corrections to the setlist include NO War Must End, can't remember what he played instead and instead of Cold Sweat as the encore he played All You Need Is Love. Otherwise I think the setlist was pretty much as you read it.

Special Thanx go out to Robin for taking such good care of us and also Terry and Alex for doing an awesome job with sound. Also it would be remiss of me to not THANK the amazing crowd. I think they made the show for TR and in turn TR gave them a helluva performance. Quite a unique show.

Happy Birthday to Anthony, I hope you enjoyed the show!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

anthony1832
Try A Little Harder

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  11:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Send anthony1832 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fluffy :) The show was great, it started off very calm and relaxing, then once the 12 string came out it went crazy. My favorite songs of the night had to be Chatterbox, and I am pretty sure he played Letting Go(even though I dont see it on the list), which was also great. In your eyes was also awesome. Took me a while to figure out what song it was, but once i heard the chorus i knew. The only downfall to the show was the drunken U of M A-holes (Go State!) that had to yell stuff the entire show. Other than that it was amazing, and cant wait for the next show!
Go to Top of Page

evets25
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  11:32:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit evets25's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The combo of the sound and the audience at the Ark is hard to beat. There was really only one person who felt the need to scream "WOOOO" the second each song came to an end...which got rather annoying. I was definitely happy with the set. I wonder how the change in venue tonight at the Intersection will affect the setlist?

Awesome stuff from Tim tonight, as always. The reference to dogs, their shit and how kitties know what to do with their shit had me rollin.

Sorry - no pics from me this time.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Tack7799
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  4:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey I would love to get a copy of or a download from the ARK show, if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it!!!! drop me an email if you have a copy or know how I could download it.
Thanks!!
Tack
tackett77@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  5:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tack7799

Hey I would love to get a copy of or a download from the ARK show, if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it!!!! drop me an email if you have a copy or know how I could download it.
Thanks!!
Tack
tackett77@yahoo.com

i'd wait a few weeks on this before anything happens on this.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  5:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

quote:
Originally posted by Tack7799

Thanks!!
Tack
tackett77@yahoo.com

i'd wait a few weeks on this before anything happens on this.

I guess we can burn you copies in CO. I have the board recordings in my possession. Haven't had a chance to check them out and see what the quality is like but I assume it's pretty good. Let's hope.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  5:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
for sure fluffy. i'd be more then willing to offer the recording up when i get home from teh CO shows.

look in the tour dates thread....

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  9:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see the reviews, as always thanks for sharing,keeping a good thought for the rest of the tour. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  10:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy shit! The resurrection of Uncle Chair and Open Up, And Let it In! That song hasn't been played in a long time! NOT TO MENTION AFTER THE DUST SETTLES?!?!!? I can't wait to listen to this show, oh my God, thank you for taping!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Bakun214
Try A Little Harder

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  11:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Bakun214 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow..it was amazing. This was my second TR show, my last one was at the Ark also. Great venue. Anthony was so kind to get me 2 tickets, and might i add..i did not have to pay for them.. quite the generous man he was indeed. Didn't expect to hear a lot of the songs he played, especially After the Dust Settles.
I'd have to say that Chatterbox took it away for me, some fantastic Jazz improv in there. I was THIS close to not going, luckily my ol' guitar buddy drove me out there. Hopefully he'll be back out here soon.

Aliens from other dimensions love you man...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  3:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW, As Far as You Can See is a great "older" tune, very cool to see it coming back as it hasn't been played much recently. After the Dust, and Chatterbox must have been nice suprises for fans too.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  4:19:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this is one of the recordings i got from fluffy the other night, just need the video now. so hopefully soon.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Tack7799
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  10:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awsome! I am really excited to hear it/see it.....again
Go to Top of Page

basu21
Is Anybody Here?

Pakistan
3 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  5:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Send basu21 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This was the first time that I had seen Tim Reynolds perform, and it was absolutely breathtaking. He was really into the performance, and the crowd really responded to him. The setlist choice and duration was fabulous. I agree with everybody who said that the guy wooting at the beginning of every song was a bit annoying, but other then that it was a flawless night. I took a few of my friends with me who have never heard Tim before, and they were converted into loyal followers within seconds!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000