11/15/07 Menlo College - Menlo Park, CA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MetHimPikeHoses
Is Anybody Here?

5 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  11:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim’s show at Menlo College was possibly the most ecstatic consecutive 90 minutes of my life.

After giggling through a short “opener” by a Menlo student, we watched Tim come out with a spacey intro, and most of the Menlo kids in the crowd kept blurting out “What the hell is going on?” The eyes in the back of my head could see their thought bubbles popping up like popcorn – most of them had only come to see their friend open, and they had no idea what they were in for. As Tim transitioned into “After The Goldrush” and “Ohio”, they responded with the typical first-TIMer reflex reaction: blurting out involuntary yelps and howls despite their best efforts to restrain themselves. This continued throughout the whole show, but Tim just shredded through “Betrayal”, “Che”, and “Fluorescence” – one of my favorites.

Later he moved onto the best rendition of “Stream” I’ve ever seen. The solo was so wild and expansive that I was sure he had moved into something completely different, and halfway through I found myself with tears in my eyes. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better than that, Tim broke out the slide and played Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love”. HOLY SHIT. I’ve never heard Tim that smooth with the slide – it was absolutely flawless.

These were just a few of my favorites from this show, but every song Tim played was top-notch. The crowd situation was a little unfortunate, but a whole arena full of hecklers couldn’t have ruined this night for me. Sitting eight feet from Tim and watching him play a set is a gift greater than any other.

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  09:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice review, man. TR does it again.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000