Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  08:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

I believe Fluffy got them all so hopefully we'll be able to see those at some point. I'd love to see any videos that anyone else has too.

I think Fluffy/Rob did get everyone with Rob's camera. So Rob should have all of our stuff on video somewhere. I'm planning on going through my videos this weekend to see what all I actually have.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  09:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did I mention how fucking awesome it was to meet all of you. I miss you guys!!!!
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  6:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

Did I mention how fucking awesome it was to meet all of you. I miss you guys!!!!

It was definitely a great time and even if this was Tim's only visit to FPR, or some of us aren't lucky enough to attend if he does it again, we should plan on getting together every couple years just to cause trouble.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  10:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree, though I'm sure I won't be invited! AHAHA

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

br1
Is Anybody Here?

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  11:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit br1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone - Whoever has video from FPR - Feel free to post that anywhere - I'm fine with the idea. Keep us posted on where and when we can see some of the performances or jams.
-Billy
Go to Top of Page

harpep
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  06:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, kinda surprised at the lack of follow-through. You actually had people asking to see/hear your student performances at FPR, but no postings. What's up with that?

In the spirit of putting out positive vibes, I'll let you know that the Tim Reynolds performance at FPR is now available to you:

http://woubmedia1.tcom.ohiou.edu/Live%20from%20Jorma%20Kaukonen%27s%20Fur%20Peace%20Ranch/fpr-050109.m3u?play=1

Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  1:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow, this is awesome.

Yeah! Dammit Jared! Where's this footage?!?!

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  8:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You listen here, assmonkey! Nah, I have received the memory stick from Lori, I also have not had a day off of work in 16 days. I promise, I am gonna sort this shit out right quick, just be patient. It will be dope.

Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  02:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
awh I'm just bustin' your chops. Yo's anyways, hurry up my part. And let me kno'! LOL

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

harpep
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  07:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really?
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  10:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rob has started putting some of the videos of the student performances up on YouTube. I think mine, Cahill's, Patrick's, Jeff's, and Billy's are up so far.

Here's a link to Rob's channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rmickam
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  3:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, those were great! Loved them all!Thanks so much for posting these and thank you Rob for getting them up on youtube!
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  5:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think FPR saw some really solid performances that day.
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  7:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by harpep

Wow, kinda surprised at the lack of follow-through. You actually had people asking to see/hear your student performances at FPR, but no postings. What's up with that?

In the spirit of putting out positive vibes, I'll let you know that the Tim Reynolds performance at FPR is now available to you:

http://woubmedia1.tcom.ohiou.edu/Live%20from%20Jorma%20Kaukonen%27s%20Fur%20Peace%20Ranch/fpr-050109.m3u?play=1

Enjoy.

Tim sounds amazing Thanks for posting! ahh check out the last chorus of "Truth" slowww...I love this guy.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  2:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You can now hear some of TR's performance at the Fur Peace Ranch online. There are 2 parts....check them out!

http://www.woub.org/radio/index.php?section=4&page=21

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

br1
Is Anybody Here?

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  3:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit br1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for getting those vids up, Rob!
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  5:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So...is anyone going to share any stories of the experience?

I imagine there's just too much to say; however, I'd be interested in hearing how Tim was as a teacher. Did everyone learn some of his songs? Did he show you some cool tricks and/or techniques? Was there insight into how he does things? Not that I'm looking for specifics...but just what kinds of things went down.

Or was he just so far beyond everyone that they sat there wide-eyed and bewildered? I doubt that was the case.
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  02:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, what was interesting to me...

My favorite song for the longest time was Tim's version of, "Zimbabwe" by Bob Marley at the Fox Theatre in Boulder, Co 97'. That one version has taught me a lot of things already. It is even my ringtone (LOL). Well it had come up in our "class conversations", about how I do not like "do-n-do-oos", as in "Here Comes the Sun" from The Beatles; but in general. And I then said something about how I always loved Tim's version of Zimbabwe and how he is able to vocalize within the guitar.
The next day he used the song as his lesson plan. I am not sure if everyone got the song, because of my personal attachments towards it. But it was challenging to me. The music at the Ranch was so free form; about individual learning, I miss the place often...

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

harpep
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  09:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wondering if folks found the FPR experience to be more than the Tim Reynolds experience?

What about the staff and the other instructors? Did you avail yourselves of the opportunity to interact with them, too? Like those really, really old guys: Jorma? Bill Kirchen? (LOL)

How about the other students not there for Tim's class?

Was there any cross-pollination or did the Tim class guys mostly hang with themselves?

I'd hate to think that you missed it...Did you get it?
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  5:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Jorma, his wife Vanessa, John Hurlbut and Mike Coyne (no longer with FPR, I gather) were all part of the staff and were incredible people. They go out of their way to talk to you and are friendly as all hell. I had a brief Chat with Bill Kirchen, a very funny guy. I did, however, miss his performance due to rocking out with 2 fellow TR-Boarders.

I basically just hung with the TR Board guys most of the time b/c everyone else from the class left the Ranch at the end of class each day. Also, the other guys were more blues oriented style players, and I'm not big on blues riffin' so much. Had chats with a few though and they were all friendly and talented.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  6:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've really been meaning to sit down and write down some thoughts from that weekend. It was such an effing great time.

Tim did show us a few songs and gave some insight into what was behind them as well. Learning the songs wasn't so much beneficial as some of the thoughts/patterns behind them. A really cool part for me was when he talked about improvisation and threw out the name of a couple chord books he had used, one of which being Mickey Baker Jazz. That was a key part for me since such a huge part of Tim's music is obviously improv and he never plays anything the same way twice. And just to know that someone as amazing as Tim also uses music books!

Other than the workshops it was great meeting everyone from the boards and hanging out. The other people in the workshop were cool too but like Jared said they all stayed off the ranch so we didn't have much hanging out time with them other than Billy who has posted around here a bit too. I will say that Ron, one of the non-boarders in our workshop, played a great version of Stream at the student performance thing.

Everyone there was great too. Jorma and his wife were very nice and accommodating and the entire crew went out of their way to make you feel welcome there.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  7:16:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The food turned out to be a huge part of the whole experience. I definitely gained a couple pounds over the weekend. They have a cookbook...

http://furpeacestore.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=505
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  10:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everyone there was cool as cucumbers and the food was equally delicious.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  5:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The 2010 Fur Peace Ranch workshops are up on their site. No TR listed. There are a few TBAs so I guess there is still hope.

Fluffy, got any inside info on this? If he's going back in 2010 I must start sweet talking my wife now!
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  3:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Adam touched me in our sleep.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  4:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice English, Davey Bear.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  6:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

Adam touched me in our sleep.

Dave...you promised...
Go to Top of Page

scottie2hottietfot
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  12:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm new to the website but not new to Tim.... shit I would love to be taught by the master and I have never really had lessons but play a bit of Tim's stuff..only a year and months late and poor...

Scott
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  2:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It was badass, I assure you.

Go to Top of Page

scottie2hottietfot
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  2:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I am interested in currently is Rasqueado picking technique..anyone have any tips?

Scott
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  12:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just got an email from FPR mentioning the return of Tim in 2011!
Go to Top of Page

jennyloves
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  11:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, thanks for your links. and this posting helps me a lot . i want to join you

www.tiffany-mine.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  1:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It has been announced!

Tim Reynolds
Coming Full Circle with the Acoustic Guitar
March 25th-28th, 2011

http://furpeaceranch.com/workshops.html#2011schedule

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  2:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will deffintly be there this time. I refuse to miss out on this.

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  5:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And it begins!!!

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  8:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome!!! We can have an LKSM duet.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  8:24:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a third person with an LKSM???

I'm likely not going. Maybe. Bummer.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  7:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a dummy. I confused you two. I think it's the O's and the G's and the E's and the M's.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  10:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
See you suckers in Ohio.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  10:40:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Applied and got my confirmation... I'm in like a dude who's totally in something.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2010 :  3:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just applied. As long as I get in and barring any unforeseen incident, I'll see you bitches in Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2010 :  9:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too expensive for me. Maybe the next time around, fellas! (and gals!)

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  03:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've gotten my confirmation, too. Suckers, bitches, fellow bald males, see ya there.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  2:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got my confirmation too!
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  4:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just got my confirmation!
Go to Top of Page

madone_99301
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  3:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, this would be an amazing opportunity! I've only been playing seriously for a few months and taking classes from a local teacher; if I ever get my chops down I would LOVE to take this! This gives me all the more reason to keep practicing. Peace, Andre
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  10:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dirtysloth

I've gotten my confirmation, too. Suckers, bitches, fellow bald males, see ya there.

haha, it does seem like you gotta be bald to get into this thing. haha. i kid. enjoy it up guys. last year seemed like a blast.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  12:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think they said Cahill had to shave his head or he couldn't return.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  12:19:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to poop.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  7:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Stan
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  10:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the most interesting thread I found here so far... (not that I read them all or anything).

I'm not the jealous type, usually, but for the bunch that are going in 2011 I will make an exception

Maybe Tim will find an opportunity to do more sessions - I'd LOVE to attend one...

I guess for now it's just wait and hope and have a pillowcase full of money standing by?...

Oh crap, where are my manners?...

My name is Stan...

I play guitar, not real good at it, probably somewhere between levels 2 and 3 by FPR standards (I have a couple of YouTube vids of me playing that I can post if anyone cares).

Really became aware of Tim and his music with and without DMB very-very recently - we're talking DAYS ago and was kinda blown away, hence my appearance here.

"These go to eleven"
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  5:56:09 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome. Definitely looking forward to round 2 with Tim and the gang at FPR next year.

I'd check out your vids if you want to post them.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  3:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any of you fools go to this one this year? Was it as amazing as before?
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  7:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

Any of you fools go to this one this year? Was it as amazing as before?

Six of us from the boards were there this time: Jared, Dave, Rob, Patrick, Jeff and myself.

They already uploaded two songs from the concert. Here is Tim doing Zimbabwe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoiuVlSJ-dI

And Tim, Jorma, another instructor named Tim Thompson and his son Myles playing Whole Lotta Love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP2U9_Im-ro

It was definitely as amazing as before. Since 6 of us had been there before, we knew what to expect and we were able to keep the class moving at a pretty good pace. We covered a ton of Tim's material. Tim also seemed more laid back this time and said "fuck" a lot more when talking in class. This was acceptable.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000