10/17/08 FTC Stage One Fairfield,CT TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

berman1125
Is Anybody Here?

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  4:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Send berman1125 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey all, it was a great weekend, and friday night my girlfriend and i went to see TR3 in Fairfield. it was an awesome show, and tim was quiet funny despite it being hard to hear him sing. it was an awesome time, and it was very cool to see tim shredding so close up. there was no more then 125 people there. sex machine was awesome, the entire opening band and friends came out in costumes and it was hysterical

after the show 5 of us were talking and the opener singer was out chatting with us too. after a few mins of BSing he asked "would you like to meet tim?" we said yes please. it was awesome....fluffy gave me the set list and we were able to talk with tim for five minutes. there were only a few people backstage, so it was like you were just hanging with the guys.

i mentioned that i saw him with dmb 4 times this summer, and at farmaid with dave. he said how much fun it was touring with them like in the 90's....they really bonded so much when everything happend with roi....he said "we all needed eachother, and thats why we kept playing" next year looks like it will be a go for TR if everything works out. other then that i just asked a few questions about TR3, and thanked him very much. ive always wanted to meet him, and finally did. here is some pics and vid i took

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27556151@N03/sets/72157608247470756/ -TR3 pics. (setlist and tim)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkhxIxM4FYY -Tim rocking out with alien antennas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTG85PQaGkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phv-Row-g-4 - TR3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj6abWlhDNA -TR3 Caveman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E-QaP9NmRA -Tim Stream Solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmQDkx4XGPA -TR3 Sex Machine Dance Party 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgVZIMmTzO0 -TR3 Sex Machine Dance Party 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Qs35C6FAk -TR3 Hocus Pocus

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  7:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pics and great videos! Thanks for sharing.

Is it just me...or do other people yelling like jerk-offs make you want to set something on fire?
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  8:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44
Is it just me...or do other people yelling like jerk-offs make you want to set something on fire?

nah, because it's not worth fighting something that is going to happen no matter how much you set on fire. it's a fact of life when you go to a concert you like, there will be someone there to try and ruin it for you.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  03:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just set the jerk-offs on fire. I got a spare flame thrower if you need it.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

berman1125
Is Anybody Here?

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  11:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Send berman1125 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

Great pics and great videos! Thanks for sharing.

seriously, i mean you dont have to yell. tim is 10 feet away
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  1:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm of the opinion that even if he's 1000 feet away you still should keep your mouth shut.

But really it comes down to the fact that I'd prefer to be alone at the shows.

It's a problem that I need to work on...
Go to Top of Page

EnlightenThis
Chatterbox

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  2:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Send EnlightenThis an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would also like to scorn all of those people, including a girl who was behind me the entire show, yelling for TR to play Stay or Leave, Crash, and many other Dave songs. Is dave anywhere on the stage woman? Shut up and get learned.
Go to Top of Page

berman1125
Is Anybody Here?

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  2:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Send berman1125 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EnlightenThis

I would also like to scorn all of those people, including a girl who was behind me the entire show, yelling for TR to play Stay or Leave, Crash, and many other Dave songs. Is dave anywhere on the stage woman? Shut up and get learned.

at this show?? i know i heard space between once. i was angry
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  6:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would actually have liked to have Tim play Dave songs when requested. Why do I say that? Because he needs Dave to have the foundation of the song played for him to do his part. Just think about hearing Tim play his very basic part of Crash Into Me over and over again. It would be downright boring, and people would learn to stop requesting them because it would just plain suck.

Also, when I saw him at the Barrymore here in Madison, one man yelled out #41. An usher came down and told him if he breathed another word he would be kicked out, lol! I ran into him afterwords and told him how that was really not kewl, and I then saw him apologize directly to Tim.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  7:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
gotta love all the "unspoken" rules about concert going. shit amazes me all the things everyone is to know when they buy a ticket to a show. let alone a TR concert.

i would venture to guess over 3/4 of the crowd that goes to a TR concert goes because of the name "Dave Matthews". shit, most venues put out fliers and make notes of Tim playing with Dave Matthews to promote the damn show, so why wouldn't someone come to a show thinking Tim will play a DMB song?

i know it's like buying a ticket to a movie and seeing something you didn't expect but the few rules of movie theatres are stated at the beginning of every movie. the only rules for a concert are typically stated on the back of the ticket.

i dont know. it's a love-hate relationship....

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

EnlightenThis
Chatterbox

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  1:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Send EnlightenThis an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not at this show, but in GR. I just happened to see the comment on this topic.

I agree that many of the people at the shows probably come based on TR's relationship with Dave, unknowingly stepping into a level of ROCK that they just aren't ready for. At the Intersection I met a man who thought that the lead singer from the opening band was TR because he had long hair. I laughed hysterically on the inside but explained to him that TR3 was the last act and that the pour souls were just that when placed next to Tim. He mentioned that he came because he had heard Tim on Radio City, so I felt it my duty to warn him that if he expected the warm #41 solos from NY he was ill-prepared for Industrial Complex.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  3:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EnlightenThis

...so I felt it my duty to warn him that if he expected the warm #41 solos from NY he was ill-prepared for Industrial Complex.

I hate to keep hijacking this thread...but I just wanted to point out how amazing Tim is. How many guitarists (or any musicians) do you know that have such an amazing range in their playing?

When Warren Haynes plays acoustic guitar he sounds like Warren Haynes playing his electric stuff on an acoustic guitar. The same with Trey Anastasio, or Santana, or any other of the guitarists that play with DMB from time to time (I'm using them just for comparison).

Although Tim always has that "Tim sound", it's amazing to think he can go from his solo on #41 to Industrial Complex. He has such a variable depth and feel to his playing.

I doubt Segovia would have sounded any good on an electric guitar...and I'm sure Eddie Van Halen sucks ass on an acoustic.

There are few guitarists that can cover as many different styles of music as virtuostically as Tim...and none that can do them all so well.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  03:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This may have been the most off-the-hook show of the TouR. Just look at the fun everyone is having during Sex Machine Dance Party. There is some serious choreography going on there. Even TR is a dancin' fool. The audience was really giving it to the band. The guys really fed off the NRG. Just watch as SMDP gets going, the audience is standing, dancing, joining in. This was definitely the FUNNEST show of the run! Set list looked a little like this:

"NIGHT OF THE COW"

SEE YOU IN YOUR DREAMS <G>
BY YOUR SIDE <D>----INSTR
INDOCTRINATE <D>----bv)bass, drums
WIND JUST BLEW THE DOOR OPEN <E>
UNCOVER THE RAISINS <E>----bv)bass
WILD COUNTRY <D>----bv)bass, drums
KABBALAH <G> <E>----bv)bass, drums
CAVE MAN <C>----INSTR
MEANING TO TELL YOU <A>----bv)drums
OR
SKELETON WALLS <B>
BURNING SEASON <B>----INSTR
INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX <B>----INSTR
HOW MANY MO TIMES <B>
MATTE KARATE <E>----LV)bass (LUSH REVERB)
VICTORY EXPRESSO <C>----INSTR
SEX MACHINE DANCE PARTY <C>----bv)bass, drums
TEST OF TIME <E>----INSTR
DO YOU WANNA <E>----bv)bass
FACE OFF <C>----INSTR
-------------------------------------------------------
MOVE ON AHEAD <A>----bv)bass, drums
HOCUS POCUS <A>----LV)bass, drums

10/17/08 FTC Stage One Fairfield Theatre Fairfield, CT

Worthy of note, this is the first TIMe I have heard this. I would venture a guess it's the first TIMe it has been played by TR. In between Matte Kudasai & Victory Express TR broke into a solo ELECTRIC version of Stream. Yes, thats what I said! It was recorded so you should all be able to check it out before long. Other changes to the setlist, OHIO was played instead of Indoctrinate. I think that was all the changes. Recording will bear it out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

oasisfan35
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  1:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Send oasisfan35 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just bumping this to see if there was in fact an audio pull of this show.
Also, interested to see what some others use for DVD authoring. I am not too happy with NeroVision's lack of options, but it does run well on my aging comp.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  2:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oasisfan35

Just bumping this to see if there was in fact an audio pull of this show.
Also, interested to see what some others use for DVD authoring. I am not too happy with NeroVision's lack of options, but it does run well on my aging comp.

i use adobe premiere or sony vegas to synch audio and what not, then i use adobe encore to author the dvd. i've done a million treynolds dvds and would be more then happy to author this if you want.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

oasisfan35
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  3:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Send oasisfan35 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Adobe encore, I knew there was more software I should have paid attention in high school.
Your efforts in the DVD world have been much appreciated by myself, as I'm sure you saw my quick thanx at TTD.
I would be more than happy to see this synced with some good audio should it arise.
I taped with MiniDV, and have firewired to HD with Nero (thus .avi) but if Premiere has better capture capabilities I will use that (as I have a copy).
I also don't mean to derail this thread, if it's taken that I am.

... with the apology stated, J do you normally author masters or would you consider an HD (which I actually have more of than miniDVs) shipped. And this is all based on whether you even have the time for such an adventure.
edit, upon looking at Premiere for the first time in years I have zero problem shipping my masters. I'd just let you know of a few intricacies of my taping if need be.

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  2:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it's up to you man. i capture with DVIO because it is one simple file program. i've never had any luck in capturing into premiere without a shitload of dropped frames.

i'd be more then happy to author it for you if you want. just throw an email at me. you can find it on the contact page of the main site.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

oasisfan35
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  6:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Send oasisfan35 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
E-mail sent.
FYI, the first part of the first tape is a portion of Marcus Eaton's set; I believe it was from the new song on (I was late).

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  6:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SEX MACHINE VIDEO - High Quality
http://www.vimeo.com/2673561

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

oasisfan35
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  3:08:40 PM  Show Profile  Send oasisfan35 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome.
I forgot how prevalent the red lights were though. Glad the tapes got to you safely John, efforts are certainly appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  3:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm lost in all the A/V mumbo jumbo are you willing to share your tapes? I have been waiting for a tapers pull to show up for this show, but so far no luck; a DVD would be just as good though!
Go to Top of Page

oasisfan35
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  2:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Send oasisfan35 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My tapes are probably sitting on John's desk, that Sex Machine vid is my tape. It was very difficult to keep a straight face and not laugh during Sex Machine, the boys were having such a good time as was the audience.
I have one regret, Tim jumped to the end of the stage and I had the cam to the right my my head... he made a very goofy face directly at me but when I got home I shopped his head out of frame. Great times nonetheless, hope to see them back soon.

Go to Top of Page

Andre_Brazil
Try A Little Harder

Brazil
87 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  5:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw the videos now... but one thing that makes me happy is a father (I guess) with some kids on the left part of the stage... I will do that to my kids..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000