New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2muchfun
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  1:38:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was my first TR3 show, and it was 1 of the best concerts I've been to. And I've been to a bunch. With the Space Shuttle going off right before the show started, it was perfect. Loved it, up close and personal. From beginning to end, loved the new songs, and can't wait for the cd, looking forward to it, and the covers were Awesome, I was glad to hear Ohio, and Purple Rain, WOW, Really Blew me away. Would love to see a set list if possible. Thank You Soooo Much. Really looking forward to the next time, If i get so lucky. And I've got some pic's, but not sure how to post them here, i'll work on it.

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  3:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What an awesome show in Tampa! It was one of the most humid nites of my life but still TR3 rawked the house. There were over 500 people in attendance and the whole place was dancing and screaming. It was also the longest set TR3 have played on this run and they said the TIMe just flew by. The show was recorded and I hope to eventually get copies of it to share. Here is what the setlist looked like:

KABBALAH <G>
SWEET SPOT <E>----INSTR
WILD COUNTRY <D>----bv)bass, drums
OHIO <D>----INSTR
INDOCTRINATE <D>----bv)bass, drums
BY YOUR SIDE <D>----INSTR
TRIPPIN ON YOU <E>----bv)drums
CAVE MAN <C>----INSTR
VICTORY EXPRESS <C>----INSTR
INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX <B>----INSTR
HOW MANY MORE TIMES <B>
MATTE KUDASAI <E>--LV)bass (LUSH REVERB)
DO YOU WANNA <E>----bv)bass
WIND JUST BLEW THE DOOR OPEN <E>
SKELETON WALLS <B>
DONKEY BONG <B>
BURNING SEASON <B>----INSTR
TEST OF TIME <E>----INSTR
FACE OFF <C>----INSTR
BACKDOOR <C>
SEX MACHINE <C>----bv)bass, drums
PURPLE RAIN <A>----bv)bass, drums
MOVE ON AHEAD <A>----bv)bass, drums
HOCUS POCUS <A>----LV)bass, drums
------------------------------------------------------
WHOLE LOTTA LOVE <E>

11/14/08 Tampa, FL Skippers Smokehouse

If memory serves, TR added an electric version of "Stream" AFTER "Test of Time". I think "Move On Ahead" was dropped from the set and replaced by "Don't Know What" and "Whole Lotta Love" was the set closer. "Soul Sacrifice" was played as the encore. The recording will bear out if my memory is correct on this. I would like to thank Tom, Bonnie, Mike and the entire staff at Skippers for another awesome show, we look forward to doing it again.

There are some great photos from the gig posted online as well. Thanx to Tracy May for sharing them. Here is a link:

http://bellagrace.smugmug.com/gallery/6558851_8mqfU/1/417593595_YYEu3#P-1-16

ENJOY!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

skipperjack
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  5:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit skipperjack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What a set up for a birthday! Mine was yesterday and all week long I've been listening to the most incredible music and to top it off, photographing the bands as well! Like "2muchfun", this was my first TR3 show as well, and it was most excellent! There was a guitar player from a local band standing next to me in the crowd during the show, and he was commenting about the black seven string guitar that Tim was playing. I think it went something like "That's how he rocks so hard...that thing's got seven strings!"
Another band to add to the "must see when near" list!

Thanks for the music Tim!

Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  6:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stupid question...maybe...but does anyone know what the letters mean after each song?

They are: <G>, <E>, <D>, <C>, <B>, and <A>.

Oh wait...I just realized it was on the soundboard, so they probably aren't notes for the band.

Anyway, I still don't know what they mean.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  10:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They are actually notes for the band, each is the key of the song. They are from the original setlists I made when TR and the guys had just gotten together so they could remember the key of each song. I have left it on the setlist for 2 reasons: 1)Any soundman worth his salt might find that helpful if trying to find a ring in the system during a certain song, and 2) I am just plain to busy to take them off. hehe

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  08:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Huh. Thanks, Fluffy!

I don't think I would have guessed that...although I suppose it's pretty obvious now that you said that.
Go to Top of Page

2muchfun
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  11:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Fluffy for the setlist and the link for the pictures. Really nice job Tracy May. Excellent pictures. Great memories. And if there was a recording i'd love to hear it, What an incredible night.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  12:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

They are actually notes for the band, each is the key of the song. They are from the original setlists I made when TR and the guys had just gotten together so they could remember the key of each song. I have left it on the setlist for 2 reasons: 1)Any soundman worth his salt might find that helpful if trying to find a ring in the system during a certain song, and 2) I am just plain to busy to take them off. hehe

Lots of Bs and Cs let TR use the 7-string and down tuning. Give it that deeper fuller sound. Man, I can't wait for a TR3 western tour!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  5:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments, set list and pictures! Very cool. BTW, I really like seeing TR with long hair again!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  7:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR3 Burning Season Skippers Smokehouse Tampa, FL 11/14/08:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmqK__8W8Xg

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  12:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So Allison, who posted the "Burning Season" clip above also posted a bunch of pics from this show on TR3's Facebook page. Here is the link if you want to check them out:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TR3-featuring-Tim-Reynolds/33826551061

THANX Allison!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000