TR's "The Limbic System" 2 CD Solo Acoustic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  6:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote

You can look for the new, long-awaited SOLO ACOUSTIC double CD entitled "The Limbic System" in August '10. We are hoping to have copies for sale at the West Palm Beach, FL TR3 gigs at Roxy's Pub on July 29th & 30th. Keep your fingers crossed for that.

Here is the track listing for "The Limbic System"

Disc 1(SOLO ACOUSTIC INSTRUMENTAL)

01: Che
02: Vantage Point
03: Sinceritox
04: Dissolution
05: If The Ocean Had Its Way
06: South Fork Mud
07: Hug
08: Matters Most
09: Good Intentions
10: Doom
11: Illusion
12: Arroyo
13: Uncle Chair
14: Scarab

Disc 2(SOLO ACOUSTIC WITH VOCALS)

01: Hands Full
02: We Are From Outer Space
03: To The Next
04: The Truth
05: Smells So Sweet
06: She's Not Your Woman Anymore
07: Ships Passing
08: At Times, These Times, Sometimes
09: Fuck Yeah
10: Old Bones Rollin'
11: This Is The One
12: Ancestors

All track were written by TR and recorded in Santa Fe in 2006-7. Most all were recorded at TR's home studio but a couple were recorded at Stepbridge Studios in Santa Fe, NM. Cover Painting is by Jostin Bilyeu.

CD will eventually be available both at gigs & thru the following outlets:
MusicToday, iTunes, CD Baby, Homegrown Music Network

We are still hoping to get a LIVE TR3 record together before the end of the year as well. Again, keep your fingers crossed! PEACE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  6:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow this is awesome. Am I so out of the loop that this was already known about, or is this news to everyone!?

I'm super pumped to get it!!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  6:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Its been talked about in the background for awhile now. If you follow me or TR on twitter we have mentioned it a bit there a little but for the most part its BREAKING NEWS! You heard it here first. AS PROMISED! ;)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  7:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'll be...

I'm SO excited about this that I'm just kind of numb and stoic.

Just looking at those track listing is bringing back lots of great, old memories. I miss Tim and his solo adventures.

I'll be buying mine August 10th.

Thanks for the update, Fluffy.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  8:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fuck...yes. I'm really happy to see a lot of those songs on there. Hands Full is one of my favorite unreleased songs too, so I'm glad that made the cut.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  8:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am thinking of suggesting to TR that maybe TR3 ought to try "Hands Full" as a FULL band. I wonder if they would have their hands full with that? hehe

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Andre_Brazil
Try A Little Harder

Brazil
87 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  8:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great News
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  12:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
awesome awesome news!!!!! can't wait!
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  10:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome! Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on this sooner than later!

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  10:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A new TR CD... fuck yeah!

A new TR CD that's also solo acoustic... fuck yeah!

A song called "Fuck Yeah"... fuck yeah!

Go to Top of Page

phousse
Is Anybody Here?

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  10:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cant wait for it to be released...Tim please come back to Michigan next tour.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  8:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been wanting to hear She's Not Your Woman Anymore ever since the Blues Alley shows. That's the only time I ever heard that one. As amazing as those sets were, that tune really stood out. Very somber. Can't believe it's already been three years.

Can't wait!!!!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  09:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jennyloves

hi, thanks for your advise sonething i feel good for me
---------------
www.tiffany-mine.com

These may not be spam but they are getting old. Who controls the spam now?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  1:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great, great news! Can't wait to hear these old favorites in pristine studio sound!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  11:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome!!! Good to see everyone again!
Go to Top of Page

garyj402
Is Anybody Here?

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  4:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how about sharing TR & TR3 with the brits. After all we share with you. We only get to see him when touring with DMB. Some small shows in UK would be great.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  11:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone get this at the FL shows? I'm getting pretty anxious for it. I've only been waiting 4 years...
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  4:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds samples for the songs can be heard here:

http://www.homegrownmusic.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HGMN&Product_Code=TimR10

Sounds pretty freaking amazing!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  01:01:06 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Che and Ocean can be heard here:

http://bmatours.com/artist/tim-reynolds

Fluffy any luck on that suggestion of a TR3 rendition of Hands Full??? I for one one love to hear it too!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  2:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I must say, I am still a fan of the Che from the '05 era where Tim begins with the Em verse in the 7th position as opposed the starting it with the 'CHE RIFF.' Still look forward to hearing this in its entirety.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  11:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've finally downloaded the album.

I'm only a few songs into Disc 1...but good God this is an AMAZING album! The track listing is incredible, the quality is incredible, and the artistry (of course) is incredible.

6-string, 12-string, vocals...this really hits the spot for the TR that I've been missing for so many years.

I kind of feel like I'm in a time machine and it's now 2006 based on hearing these songs again.

Super album! Hurry up and buy it!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  1:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now available on iTunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-limbic-system/id387150059

Be patient, I think the price may be wrong. Hmmmmmmm

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

AtomicShroom
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  11:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got "the limbic system". Good shit. Fresh, hip, warm, wonderful. Love the art, the music, the voice. Thanks Tim for some fresh mojo.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  1:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
out of all the albums, i feel this is my album for me. it's all the songs Tim was playing when i got into his music and was getting video left and right from people from the acoustic shows. nice too hear these tunes. really enjoying this.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000