Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Mario meets virtuoso.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Silky The Pimp Posted - 07/14/2004 : 12:38:22 AM
http://gprime.net/video/blindfoldedmariopianist2.php

Uhhh... wow. My brain can't comprehend how awesome this is... he goes through all the games sequentially. By the time he got to the Bowser's Castle theme from the Super Nintendo game, my mind melted.

Yoshi's theme at the end straight up made my head explode. I'm typing this headless, cuz it's gone. It's stuff like this that make the internet worthwhile.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
therippa Posted - 07/16/2004 : 4:38:57 PM
Did anyone read the FAQ about this video? The dude is playing all that from ear or from MIDI files. He said that the ghost arpeggios he did were on the fly too! Now that's just amazing.

I wanna hear Tim do this.
Zachmozach Posted - 07/16/2004 : 1:47:35 PM
What other information could be more useful than a contra code? I still play it here and there. In fact I think I play the nintendo more than X-box.
CPPJames Posted - 07/16/2004 : 08:45:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

That is just sad. How much information have you not been able to fit into your brain because you have that contra code floating around in your head?

That works for all konami games. Oh how I miss that code. When Mortal Kombat came out for Genesis, I think the code was ABACABB. I'd bet 10 of my friends would remember both. That's pretty sad, considering half the time they can't even remember birthdays/etc.
tericee Posted - 07/16/2004 : 05:08:19 AM
That is just sad. How much information have you not been able to fit into your brain because you have that contra code floating around in your head?
Saint Jude Posted - 07/16/2004 : 01:36:45 AM
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B, A, Select, Start.
Zachmozach Posted - 07/15/2004 : 9:17:06 PM
But do you know the contra code?
James M. Posted - 07/15/2004 : 8:33:02 PM
i still have the original NES system..and mario 3..zelda..and contra..good times..good times
Macht Posted - 07/15/2004 : 09:12:29 AM
well Mario =one of the greatest games out there
CPPJames Posted - 07/15/2004 : 08:44:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

I guess you have to play the game to get it.

So you're one of the 9 people that hasn't played Mario Brothers? LOL...you have to get your hands on a copy. Every once in a while I still bust out the NES emulator and play Mike Tyson's Punch out and Super Mario Brothers. How it can be entertaining, 20 years later, is beyond me.
tericee Posted - 07/15/2004 : 06:58:32 AM
I guess you have to play the game to get it.
Erich Posted - 07/15/2004 : 02:38:47 AM
to just put a perspective on this... the way the kid was playing some of the tunes, like the underwater theme from mario 1, sounds like the way they SHOULD have sounded. It sounded like a video game composer sat in front of a keyboard, composed the melody, and then transcribed it to 8bit beeps and boops.
Saint Jude Posted - 07/15/2004 : 12:45:53 AM
that went from nestalgicly funny to holy shit this kid is insaine!
Zachmozach Posted - 07/14/2004 : 7:39:36 PM
I've seen this guy do before only he wasn't blindfolded. I think the version my brother plays on piano is cooler with it's more jazzy harmonies and such.
La Mer De Noms Posted - 07/14/2004 : 6:29:00 PM
good lord
Macht Posted - 07/14/2004 : 12:41:10 AM
lol the mouth is funny

very cool too

i'm think I'm going to go play my nintendo now

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000