Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Mario meets virtuoso.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  12:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://gprime.net/video/blindfoldedmariopianist2.php

Uhhh... wow. My brain can't comprehend how awesome this is... he goes through all the games sequentially. By the time he got to the Bowser's Castle theme from the Super Nintendo game, my mind melted.

Yoshi's theme at the end straight up made my head explode. I'm typing this headless, cuz it's gone. It's stuff like this that make the internet worthwhile.

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  12:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
lol the mouth is funny

very cool too

i'm think I'm going to go play my nintendo now

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

La Mer De Noms
Try A Little Harder

66 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  6:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Send La Mer De Noms an AOL message  Reply with Quote
good lord

Well that is that and this is this.
Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed,when the ocean met the sky.
You missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye.
When the earth folded on itself.
And said "Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath."
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  7:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen this guy do before only he wasn't blindfolded. I think the version my brother plays on piano is cooler with it's more jazzy harmonies and such.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  12:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that went from nestalgicly funny to holy shit this kid is insaine!

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  02:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
to just put a perspective on this... the way the kid was playing some of the tunes, like the underwater theme from mario 1, sounds like the way they SHOULD have sounded. It sounded like a video game composer sat in front of a keyboard, composed the melody, and then transcribed it to 8bit beeps and boops.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  06:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess you have to play the game to get it.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  08:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

I guess you have to play the game to get it.

So you're one of the 9 people that hasn't played Mario Brothers? LOL...you have to get your hands on a copy. Every once in a while I still bust out the NES emulator and play Mike Tyson's Punch out and Super Mario Brothers. How it can be entertaining, 20 years later, is beyond me.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  09:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well Mario =one of the greatest games out there

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  8:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i still have the original NES system..and mario 3..zelda..and contra..good times..good times
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  9:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But do you know the contra code?

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  01:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B, A, Select, Start.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  05:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is just sad. How much information have you not been able to fit into your brain because you have that contra code floating around in your head?
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  08:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

That is just sad. How much information have you not been able to fit into your brain because you have that contra code floating around in your head?

That works for all konami games. Oh how I miss that code. When Mortal Kombat came out for Genesis, I think the code was ABACABB. I'd bet 10 of my friends would remember both. That's pretty sad, considering half the time they can't even remember birthdays/etc.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  1:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What other information could be more useful than a contra code? I still play it here and there. In fact I think I play the nintendo more than X-box.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  4:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone read the FAQ about this video? The dude is playing all that from ear or from MIDI files. He said that the ghost arpeggios he did were on the fly too! Now that's just amazing.

I wanna hear Tim do this.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000