New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2002 :  6:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A tire dump is burning probably about 4 miles or so from where I live. I can see the smoke pouring over the mountain from my back porch. Creepin' me out.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2002 :  6:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My dad aplied for a job in Ohio, and he was all excited because he got a window office. Well, the window faced a junkyard/dump, and it was almost always on fire. I guess that is how they disposed of the excess trash. Kinda funny, ain't it?

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2002 :  7:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Like Springfield.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2002 :  8:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Like Springfield.

I think it's hilarious how the characters never tell where Springfield is on that show. Any one notice that?

"Lean upon me, I'll lean upon you, We'll be okay."
-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2002 :  9:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sucks for your father Jay... though I still think I'd rather have an office with a view of a dump more than a dump with a view of an office.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2002 :  01:02:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Like Springfield.

I think it's hilarious how the characters never tell where Springfield is on that show. Any one notice that?

Oh yeah! But they finally told us where it was on that "Behind the Laughter" episode. Kentucky.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2002 :  01:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, now I remember. That show was hilarious, esecially when Lenny and Carl were talking about Bart, and Lenny said, "yeah, he even paid us a thousand dollars to kiss each other" Then Carl says, "hey, did we ever get that money?" And there both quiet with odd faces.

"Lean upon me, I'll lean upon you, We'll be okay."
-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2002 :  05:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think the Kentucky thing could be misdirection. Indeed there is a Shelbyville and Springfield located about 45 miles apart in Kentucky. Coincidentally, near Shelbyville, KY(doncha just love the initials for Kentucky) there is a place called Simpsonville(HMMMMMMMMM?) 1 boring day in the van, 2 tours ago, I spent the day looking up states in the atlas with Springfield and Shelbyville in them. My final suspicion was Illinois. Springfield and Shelbyville are a tad closer in that state, and it dawned on me, noone has a southern accent on that show. Kentucky? No accent? No Way!! I am more inclined to believe it is Illinois and the whole Kentucky thing was a carefully thought out case of misdirection. I could be wrong, but it just makes more sense to me.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2002 :  05:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
By the way dirtysloth, I like the TR reference!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  09:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe you never commented on my oh-so careful deductive skills. I thought you would either tear my theory down or congratulate me on my excellent reasoning. What do I get, NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH, ZERO, BUMPKIS, Nary a word!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  2:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm witchu... makes sense.

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  7:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i've got realitives in alittle town called Streater. it's in Illinois

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  11:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've been to a town called Buck Snort in TN. Even have the hat to prove it :)

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  04:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb, Mr Simpsons, are you ignoring me?

PS: Thanx Silky, glad you are with me on this one, it is such a volatile issue. Wars have been fought, families torn apart, people have lost their lives over this matter. Means alot that you support me in my hypothesis!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  3:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
anyone ever been to Avalon, NJ? nice up dere

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  7:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've always thought the same thing fluff... no way they are all rednecks.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  9:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy said:
quote:

noone has a southern accent on that show

What about Cletus? His wife? And his 26 children? But I have also thought it was a misdirection. I mean, it said that the family was from northern Kentucky, that doesn't necessarily mean the show takes place in Kentucky. You could have also checked to see if there was a Capitol City nearby.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2002 :  04:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good thinking, remind me when we get out on tour. I completely agree with your assessment of Cletus and his family being from Northern Kentucky. Doesn't mean that is where they are, just where they are from. As we unravel one of the great mysteries of life here on The Discovery Channel.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000