Man! Some people are just tarded!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  7:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=52a07cf85cb24afb9f99e43bca871484&threadid=41797

Oh.....by the way Fluffy....maybe you could help him out. But it looks like a high school paper, so I don't know.

And in case tericee was wondering, I did spell retarded incorrectly on purpose because one of my friends works with them and doesn't like people saying that word, so we came up with etarded (too obvious).....but then just shortened it to tarded.

"I do what I can with what I've got."

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  8:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think we're turning into the TR taskforce... we make S.W.A.T. like raids into 'tarded' nancies posts.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  8:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TRTF! Tim Reynolds' Task Force!

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  8:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Tim Reynold Task Force!

it should be Tim ReynoldS Task Force...jeez louise...talked aboot tarded...nonono i kid i kid

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  8:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that's an even better improvement.....it's now grammatically correct.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  8:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Silky.....great job! But What is that carter guy saying? I've read it like 5 times and I can't figure it out. Is he saying that everyone except us is offering good advice? Because if he is....I wanna take him.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  10:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno... but god help him if that's what he meant. I gave you a little wood to fuel the fire... Nancies WILL respect Tim's AUTHORITAH!
-J

Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  11:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just can't believe those people, my understanding is the Dave owes Tim alot more than Tim owes Dave.....I don't think they understand without Tim's nudging of Dave's lyrical and guitar skills early on in Dave's career, there wouldn't be a precious DMB.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  01:39:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now THERE'S a question related to Dave that I think they should ask... "How does it feel to know that you are responsible for one of the coolest bands in the world getting together?"
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  02:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now that was a TRTF move right there!

And by the way dick, I kind of copied your post onto the nancies board (except for one major exception.....the beginning). Hope you're not mad but it was too good of a response. And I didn't want to direct them to this topic.....there might be some unwanted guests....

But I just love the fact that we are more intellegent than they are.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  03:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
But I just love the fact that we are more intellegent than they are.

Haha reminds me of the old saying, "Never enter into a battle of wits unarmed."
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  05:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I leave this in your obviously capable hands. You guys rock!!! Alot of great points, I just don't think the DMB crowd gets the big picture. I am not sure they are aware of the history of Dave and Tim and the early influence TR had on him, that TR was making his music long before Dave and has had a great career of his own not including his work with DMB. Because they don't hear about him on a daily basis they must think he has just vanished into the abyss when he is not working with Dave. I think they just see it from a different perspective than us. They have less information to go on, they only know TR thru the Dave affiliation. They no little of his output beyond his work with DMB so they don't really see him as we see him. It is sad in a way, but it is hard to hold it against them. Slowly but surely, one person at a time, we educate the world about the genius of TR, and sadly some will never see it because a different kind of music appeals to them. As we have said on this board many times before, everyones tastes are different. We do our best to let them know that DMB is just a very small part of TR's life and that the man and his music are much bigger than his affiliation with Dave. You guys keep spreading the knowledge and KEEP THE FAITH!!! Thanx for taking them to task. Again I say, YOU ROCK!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  06:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanx for taking them to task.

TR Task Force! That's us!

Go to Top of Page

BigEyedPhish
Is Anybody Here?

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  12:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Send BigEyedPhish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey fluffy (and board), remember not all DMB fans are oblivious to the genious of Tim (such as myself). i am a huge DMB fan but also a huge TR fan. i personally feel that TR's work away from DMB is much better and more expressive. i feel that when he is with the band it holds him back. now don't think that i don't love it when Tim plays with DMB, i do, it is some of the most amazing music i have ever heard, but i personally like Tim Reynolds art when it stands alone. just wanted to make sure everybody realizes that there are fans of DMB that aren't just unappreciative stupid frat boys (although few). i will always be a DMB and TR fan, weather they are seperate or together

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  1:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good go TR task force. you're nailing them with your info towards TR. It's good that more of these "daveheads" are becoming enlightened by the wisdom of the TR board!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  2:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You're absolutely right bigeyedfish... if you ask most of the people here they are also dmb fans, myself included. It's the people that are oblivious that we are all talking about. They tend to spread misinformation all over the place to the point that other people that might be otherwise become TR fans adopt their same views, that TR is Dave's toy, and anything else he does is crap because it doesn't involve Dave Matthews or brand imaging.
-J

Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  3:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
somebody on the nancies board said that Tim can't write melody and lyrics like Dave. Bull crap. I have no doubt in my mind that Tim could write damn good lyrics if that was his jive. See, I've heard the man talk one time in real life, after a concert, and I was kind of blown away. I'm convinced he could write amazing lyrics. And you don't play guitar for as long as Tim has without knowing how to sing...it's just not possible, they go together. Anyway, just had to vent...cool.

I once saw this movie where this SPEEDing bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED went below 50, it would blow up...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  6:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes tim could write some kick ass lyrics. oh chould the TRTF wear a special badge or r we undrecover like the FBI? (Flounderin' Blubberin Idiots)

ye can swab the deck...but please don't write onit.
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  11:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to point out that that topic on nancies seemed to be started for good reasons. The guy wasn't actually being 'tarded' with his topic.

Granted, most of the other people were not that genius.

I'd have to say, however, that all the opinions on this board aren't always "painstakingly researched and insightful." Just like nancies. Just like any board. That's what makes them fun. The stuff you can relax about and joke with.

Anyway, that's just what I think. But what do I know. My IQ is about 10, right now.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  01:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh I completely agree. You can see that I even directed the person to find out more and tried to help him get an interview by mentioning Fluffy.......but when someone else entered the conversation, it all went to shit.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  01:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thought i'd add a little flamning touch to this topic.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  02:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BigEyedFish said:
quote:
hey fluffy (and board), remember not all DMB fans are oblivious to the genious of Tim

Where exactly did I say ALL DMB fans are oblivious to the genius of TR? Even you have to admit that a very very very very teeny tiny minute portion of DMB fans know much about TIM besides that he plays on some DMB albums and did some acoustic tours with Dave. All I was saying is that I don't think they have the knowledge or understanding of TR as an artist, UNTO HIMSELF, away from DM. Everyone takes it SOOOO personally when I make a comment like this. Why RU offended by this comment and feel the need to defend yourself? When I say this about the DMB fans I am not saying it in a derogatory way. If someone on the DMB board said "That fucking Fluffy doesn't know shit about DMB!" I would be the first person to say, "YOU ARE RIGHT!!" Most DMB fans think they know lots about TR because of his DMB affiliation and all I am saying is they don't know as much as they think they know about TR. I am not calling them stupid. All I said was they are not interested in the same subject as us. TR. It would be like going to the GOVT MULE message board and trying to say they are idiots for not knowing about TR. Just because artists work together does not make the fans enlightened about the artist. Take it from me, first hand witness to the roomfuls of DMB fans at TR3 shows right after the D+T acoustic tours, these people had NO IDEA TR played electric guitar. Even when the poster for the show said, straight up, TIM REYNOLDS ELECTRIC TRIO! They still walked out after a few songs complaining that "it didn't sound like DAVE","It sounds like Megadeth!" There were even girls in Boston, who after 1 song walked out and I heard one say to the other, "See, I told you that was a different Tim Reynolds!" I have seen it first hand, time and time again, very few DMB fans know much about TR and his music away from DMB. I hear the questions they ask when they meet TR, I see the things they want TR to sign. It appears to me a that very small portion of the populace care about TR as his OWN artist. MOST care about him as Dave's Monkey-boy. This is not a comment I make because I THINK it, it is a comment I make because I witness it on a daily basis on tour with TR and believe it is a fairly accurate representation based on personal observations. So don't take it so personally when I make a comment about something like that. Be proud and confident in the knowledge that you ARE NOT one of the ones I am talking about. And if someone out there is one of the ones I am talking about, don't take it personally, You don't know about TR and I don't know about DMB. I don't think saying someone doesn't know about an artist is the same as calling them idiots. Hell I don't know about DMB, Backstreet Boys, John Mayer, NSYNC, Alecia Keys, and alot of other bands. I certainly don't think it makes me an idiot, and I never meant to imply, nor do I think that people who don't know about TR are idiots. We are all just people who have chosen what we like to follow as fans. Noones choices are any better or righter than any others. They are personal choices. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

ps: Just so ya know, I get TONS of emails everyday from people with DMB in there email addresses. I would be surprised if 1 of them ever asked about TR as a solo artist. I am not kidding. So pardon me if my perspective of DMB fans is a bit skewed. I know that most TR fans are also DMB fans. Hell most discovered him thru Dave. When I talk about DMB fans I am talking about the ones who only know TR as an accompaniast to Dave or DMB.

MyBadSide said:
quote:
And I'd also like to point out that that topic on nancies seemed to be started for good reasons. The guy wasn't actually being 'tarded' with his topic.

Granted, most of the other people were not that genius.

I'd have to say, however, that all the opinions on this board aren't always "painstakingly researched and insightful."

I don't remember anyone accusing the people on the nancies board of not offering "painstakingly researched and insightful" info. Why do you all assume so quickly "I" am attacking these folks. If you go back slow down and actually READ what I said, here let me quote it for you:
quote:
I just don't think the DMB crowd gets the big picture. I am not sure they are aware of the history of Dave and Tim and the early influence TR had on him, that TR was making his music long before Dave and has had a great career of his own not including his work with DMB. Because they don't hear about him on a daily basis they must think he has just vanished into the abyss when he is not working with Dave. I think they just see it from a different perspective than us. They have less information to go on, they only know TR thru the Dave affiliation. They no little of his output beyond his work with DMB so they don't really see him as we see him. It is sad in a way, but it is hard to hold it against them. Slowly but surely, one person at a time, we educate the world about the genius of TR, and sadly some will never see it because a different kind of music appeals to them. As we have said on this board many times before, everyones tastes are different. We do our best to let them know that DMB is just a very small part of TR's life and that the man and his music are much bigger than his affiliation with Dave.
I actually DEFEND them and their understanding of TR. In their world DM is the important figure, so to them TR is a sideman because they know little about him other than he works with DMB sometimes. To us TR is an important figure and his work with DMB is a side project. 2 TOTALLY different ways of seeing the same situation. Both accurate. Neither right or wrong. It's like if I tried to talk about DMB, I don't know fuck all about any of that stuff.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  03:05:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

ps: Just so ya know, I get TONS of emails everyday from people with DMB in there email addresses.

DAMN!!! You know....I have been thinking for a while to change my screen name......but d'oh well.....

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  03:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
blah blah blah, did I write something? I guess not! Oh well, whatever, NEVERMIND

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  03:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Post Whore!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  03:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fuck this place!! I am the post whore and fuck up and the one who attacks and constantly insults everyone. Fuck all your fucking insecurities. Get a life and some confidence and stop taking every word I type as some personal attack. I am over it. Goodbye Cruel Board!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  03:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You have the nerve to call me the post whore, well take the last 100, 200 or hell any number you want and add up the size of my posts to yours and tell me who the post whore is. Look at the post above this one. I typed my little fucking heart out and you typed some bullshit response that really has little or nothing to do with what I typed. Who is the post whore?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  03:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Geez! I'm sorry Fluffy. I didn't think you'd take it so seriously.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  03:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, you used the word "it" in your last post! That is kewl!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok. You're starting to scare and confuse me. First of all, if you are serious aboot this whole thing (which I'm quite sure you are), I would like to apologize. I just thought that that was the way things were. You have always posted long threads and most of us have always posted short ones. But if you do want some insight into your thread.....I actually can't believe some of the people who go to a TR concert. Although I have never been (but not for long), it sounds like there are a lot of idiots that go to these shows. Why do people go to TR concerts expecting Dave to show up? Or even worse, for TR to cover Dave's songs? You'd think that they would at least research it before going and walking out at the beginning. If I was on stage, I would hate people who just left in the middle of a show. SomeTIMes the ignorance of people is absolutely amazing! But I did find it funny that those girls thought it was a different Tim Reynolds just because he was playing something different. I bet if they saw Boyd Tinsley picking up a guitar, they would instantly think he played. But maybe he was just holding it for someone! Anyway, my rant it done......

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HERE IT IS AGAIN for those who want to really examine it and tear it apart.
quote:
Alot of great points, I just don't think the DMB crowd gets the big picture. I am not sure they are aware of the history of Dave and Tim and the early influence TR had on him, that TR was making his music long before Dave and has had a great career of his own not including his work with DMB. Because they don't hear about him on a daily basis they must think he has just vanished into the abyss when he is not working with Dave. I think they just see it from a different perspective than us. They have less information to go on, they only know TR thru the Dave affiliation. They no little of his output beyond his work with DMB so they don't really see him as we see him. It is sad in a way, but it is hard to hold it against them. Slowly but surely, one person at a time, we educate the world about the genius of TR, and sadly some will never see it because a different kind of music appeals to them. As we have said on this board many times before, everyones tastes are different. We do our best to let them know that DMB is just a very small part of TR's life and that the man and his music are much bigger than his affiliation with Dave.

I have read it over and over and can find nowhere in it that I insult anyone, or even imply that someone is stupid, or an idiot. If I am missing it and you can find it please point it out to me. I don't know why my words are so personally offensive to so many. It thought and still do think that post was almost defending DMB fans and their right to be DMB fans first. Sorry for being such a idiot myself and not seeing how I offended each and everyone of the DMB fans with my comments.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that the people who took offense to that were the ones who mistook the "lack of knowledge" that you talked aboot for "ignorance". That is where the defenses came from. But I could be wrong.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HERE IS WHAT I WRITE:
quote:
Alot of great points, I just don't think the DMB crowd gets the big picture. I am not sure they are aware of the history of Dave and Tim and the early influence TR had on him, that TR was making his music long before Dave and has had a great career of his own not including his work with DMB. Because they don't hear about him on a daily basis they must think he has just vanished into the abyss when he is not working with Dave. I think they just see it from a different perspective than us. They have less information to go on, they only know TR thru the Dave affiliation. They no little of his output beyond his work with DMB so they don't really see him as we see him. It is sad in a way, but it is hard to hold it against them. Slowly but surely, one person at a time, we educate the world about the genius of TR, and sadly some will never see it because a different kind of music appeals to them. As we have said on this board many times before, everyones tastes are different. We do our best to let them know that DMB is just a very small part of TR's life and that the man and his music are much bigger than his affiliation with Dave.

HERE IS WHAT YOU READ:

Alot of great points, I just don't think those dumbfucks get the big picture. I am not sure they are to stupid to be aware of the history of Dave and Tim and the early influence TR had on him, that TR was making his music long before Dave and has had a great career of his own not including his work with shitty ole DMB. Because they don't hear about him on a daily basis they must think he has just vanished into the abyss when he is not working with Dave. I think they are just fucking idiots with no fucking clue about reality. They have no brains to work with, what very little they know is TR played with Dave. They don't know shit about his output beyond his work with DMB so they must be loser idiots. So they don't really see him as we see him. They are truly sad in a way, but it is hard to give them a break. Slowly but surely, one person at a time, we try to enlighten the dumbfucks of the world about the genius of TR, and sadly some will never see it because they are fucking IDIOTS. As we have said on this board many times before, everyones tastes are different. We are RIGHT and they are WRONG, very WRONG. We do our best to tolerate those knuckleheads and let them know that DMB is just a very small part of TR's life and that the man and his music are much bigger than his affiliation with Dave.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't let yourself get too down from this. I'm sure they didn't mean too much harm from it. And if they did.....who the fuck cares! Just fuck 'em! Ignore it! Stop listening to them! I don't know! But just don't worry about it too much.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb said:
quote:
I think that the people who took offense to that were the ones who mistook the "lack of knowledge" that you talked aboot for "ignorance". That is where the defenses came from. But I could be wrong.

Then you have made my point for me. Because they cannot tell the difference between those 2 statements I am forced to defend myself and my comments because of their insecurities. Do you see how fucked up and irratating that can be for me. I CAREFULLY choose my words not to offend and their interpretation leads to me having to type diatribes in response to make them feel better. Well what about me feeling better. Everyone attacks me from all angles and I rarely get the decency of an apology, much less an explanation. I guess I am just a different kind of individual than the rest of the world. I was brought up to sort out your differences. Discuss it, work it out. Everyone else seems to be of the mindframe of "You're an Asshole! I am outta here!!" Well time has come for me to take the example of everyone else. I am offended and I am not gonna talk about it. I am gonna call people names and so "how dare you say that about me" and leave.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But then you are no better than they are. Why let something like this get you down? If they are pissing you off, just tell them to fuck off and then forget about it. Life is too short for bickering.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:39:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb:
quote:
Don't let yourself get too down from this. I'm sure they didn't mean too much harm from it. And if they did.....who the fuck cares! Just fuck 'em! Ignore it! Stop listening to them! I don't know! But just don't worry about it too much.

What you have to understand is it isn't just THIS incident. It happens all the time. Everywhere I make some comment, someone takes some offense to it and I become the asshole. I can't just ignore it because I don't want people thinking I was insulting them. So I try to explain, only they don't seem to want to hear it. They are happy to be the victims. I am tired of taking the time to type stuff and have it misinterpreted, miscontrued, or simply just misread. They they say I am an asshole for saying that, and when I try to explain, they are no where to be found or just could care less. It is easier to be the victim than to try and have a rational discussion and discover that maybe they just misuderstood.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:42:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess that is just unfair. I can't really think of anything to say more about that.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:43:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb:
quote:
If they are pissing you off, just tell them to fuck off and then forget about it.

If you haven't figured out by now, that was not my style. I believed in trying to work it out and try to help eveyone get along. Telling them to fuck off and ignoring them does not solve the problem. Only problem is I seem to be the only one interested in working out the misuderstanding.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes I know that.......but I was trying to say that that wasn't working, and doing that was what was getting you down. Hope you understood this.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I understood what you meant, but it is just not me to drop things. Look at "God Clarifies" post. I want my side understood. Even if they don't agree, I want my side understood. My position. I am pretty sure no one understands me or my beliefs. Just look at the comment waged against me earlier today telling me to move to another fucking country if I didn't like America. Where do these people come up with this shit? READ MY WORDS b4 you comment.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
MY OPINIONS are MY FUCKING OPINIONS!!

IF you don't like them and you are not willing to DISCUSS it then don't fucking comment!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well simply put....some people are assholes and there's little, if anything, you can do about it.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:53:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This I know and understand, so why should I stick around to be harrassed constantly by them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  04:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Because they are not the only ones on this board! That's why! Silky, Liz, Saint Jude, Jay, enthuTIMsiast, black lotus, kevin lesko, erich, HTG, dirtysloth, tericee, Xar.......the list goes on. Sorry if I didn't name any newbies......or if I forgot anyone.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  05:05:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe I can talk to Jon and start a closed forum for just us, the REAL FRIENDS ABOARD THE SPACE POD. I do feel sorry for all of you that because of this you guys suffer. It really is not my intention. I would love to have conversations with you guys if we could just keep out the riff raff. I will talk to Jon and see if that is a possibility.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  08:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not even going to quote all what was said, but if Fluffy thinks there's a way that he's blaming all this madness on what I said...well...I can't imagine that happening.

It was me that he quoted second, but I can't imagine what I said making someone that mad. It wasn't even said meanly. I was being nice and not even getting on to anyone, especially anyone specifically.

"If you go back slow down and actually READ what I said," then you'll know I was not being mean.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  10:16:35 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Maybe I can talk to Jon and start a closed forum for just us, the REAL FRIENDS ABOARD THE SPACE POD. I do feel sorry for all of you that because of this you guys suffer. It really is not my intention. I would love to have conversations with you guys if we could just keep out the riff raff. I will talk to Jon and see if that is a possibility.

That is a very good idea. Fluffy you did not say anything wrong in my opinion. You are truly a peace keeper. It's a shame there aren't more people like you in this world. And I thank you for all the time you take to talk to those of us who care. Big hug to you my friend.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  3:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Another board would be cool... but I think it might just be easier to let the n00b's run their course. Gotta figure that unless someone has been keeping up with everything for a while before they start posting, they aren't going to know the jokes from the joke not's right off the bat. Fluff maybe take a day or two to just kinda feel the cool misty goodness... it seems like you might be seeing red right now and you might not feel quite so hot in a day. We don't want to lose buddy fluffy....

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  4:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha, that picture is schweet.

and like i've stated before fluff is what makes this board so much better then others. not just cuz he is tims manager, just cuz he gives it that pizaz. thats right pizaz. not the pizza cooking pizzaz, but that other pizaz.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  4:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, Fluffy is a really special part of the board. It's too bad he got pissed. And if he reads this, he should know that i beleive in resolving conflicts, and having my side understood, even if it is not agreed with...just ask Capt. Petersburgh, he'll tell you...we've been in a persistant argument for months, and i won't stop until my point is understood. So i agree with Fluff with that point.
He got pissed cause he wrote that long, and very meaningful post, and Pcbdmb called him a postwhore (as a joke.) Sometimes, even when people are joking, it gets on yer nerves, and it is interpreted different. It could be seen as an insult to the person the joke is directed to, as you all know. So, since it was, let Fluffy deal with it the way he wants to. It would be bad to see him leave and not talk like he used to, but if that is what will make him feel better, let him do it. I probably said stuff that has already been said a thousand times before, but i jsut needed to get that in writting.

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  5:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why don't we all just stay away from Nancies? I know personally everytime I go there i get dumber. A few more visits and ill be babbling incoherently like some of those people.

Actually, I'm glad that we have some TR board members over there setting the record straight about Tim, even though those DMB fans have their heads so far up their asses a sentence like "Dave is Tim's bitch" sounds to them like "Tim is Dave's bitch" after travelling up that much intestine.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  6:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Let me clarify, I AM NOT mad a pcbdmb! I am mad at all the other comments at my expense. Pcbdmb and I always joke about "post whore". He was just unfortunate enuf to say it at a crucial moment when I was trying to be serious. I had tried to respond to the accusations that I was degrading DMB fans in some way, which was not true. I went back to try and explain my comments and poor pcbdmb unfortunately commented on the least of my worries, which in my heightened sensitivity pushed me over the edge. I was first annoyed because again my comments have been misconstrued so I set about to right the situation and typed yet another diatribe. To which pcbdmb commented on the least significant part.Which to me only reaffirmed what I was already feeling, why do I bother.
pcbdmb responded with:
quote:
DAMN!!! You know....I have been thinking for a while to change my screen name......but d'oh well.....

Which made me feel like does anyone even read what I type. Which led to my comment:
quote:
blah blah blah, did I write something? I guess not! Oh well, whatever, NEVERMIND

because I was already angry about being misunderstood and nobody really even bothering to read what I type. I felt like of all I had to say in there, thats what he got out of it? I know he meant the post whore comment in the friendliest of ways. We always joke about it. Unfortunately he just called me that at my angriest moment. Keep in mind we were on simultaneously. So while I was in high defense mode and very angry I vented at him about something that should have been nothing. For that I apologize. He just became the brundt of my anger. Again, I am sorry to him for that. Now that I have hopefully cleared that up. I hope everyone will go back and actually read what has angered me. It certainly was not pcbdmb or his comment. I was angry long before that. That just popped up at the wrong time. I challenge anyone on the board to find anywhere in our archive where I have slagged DMB or his fans in any way. If anything I come to their defense more than anyone else. Yet I am continually singled out as the one who said something negative about them. I am sick and tired of people putting words in my mouth. Why do you think I always QUOTE so much. So there is no doubt in anyones mind what I am commenting on. I am constantly having to apologize to people for their feelings being hurt when I say something like the above statements. Here they are once again. Where did I say anything negative or uncomplimentary about DMB or DMB fans:
quote:
I just don't think the
DMB crowd gets the big picture. I am not sure they are aware of the history of Dave and Tim and the early
influence TR had on him, that TR was making his music long before Dave and has had a great career of
his own not including his work with DMB. Because they don't hear about him on a daily basis they must
think he has just vanished into the abyss when he is not working with Dave. I think they just see it from a
different perspective than us. They have less information to go on, they only know TR thru the Dave
affiliation. They no little of his output beyond his work with DMB so they don't really see him as we see
him. It is sad in a way, but it is hard to hold it against them. Slowly but surely, one person at a time, we
educate the world about the genius of TR, and sadly some will never see it because a different kind of
music appeals to them. As we have said on this board many times before, everyones tastes are different.
We do our best to let them know that DMB is just a very small part of TR's life and that the man and his
music are much bigger than his affiliation with Dave.

If you read this thread from the top, I hope you will see I was trying to defend the DMB board and it's members. All I was trying to say was I don't think they see him in the same light as those of us on this board and just because they seem him in a different light is no reason to think they are idiots or "tards". I was commending them for trying to let them know a little more about TR and hopefully encouraging them to be a little more patient with the DMB fans who are not as familiar with TR. For that I get everyone addressing their gripes at me about how not all DMB fans are ignorant. Guess what? I never said they were. They just see TR in a different light and from a completely different perspective. I was trying to tell them you can't hold that against them. Instead of calling them "tards" try and educate them about TR. Again I have failed miserably and I am the bad guy who called DMB fans "tards" and idiots, or at least somehow degraded them to a point where people felt a need to defend themselves to me because I somehow insulted them. I am afraid it is just not the case. As I mentioned early in this thread in one of the posts noone has taken the time to read, This is NOT, I repeat, NOT the first time this has happened. I almost went back last night and using the search feature was going to compile a list of all the threads I have been accused of something I never said or implied. I decided my time could be better spent. Anyway, there are many instances of my words only being 1/2 read or misinterpreted and it pissed someone off. And almost everytime this has happened I have taken the time, like I am now, to set the record straight. Only noone bothers to read or answer or comment or even say, "oh I see, fluffy! I misunderstood, Sorry!" So you can't blame me if I feel my time is wasted. Has Zoe ever come back to read or comment on her accusations? No! I even sent here 3 emails inviting her to come back and see my responses. NOTHING. Then earlier yesterday, I am told to move to another country if I don't like it here. Which is totally ludicris, since that was already thrown my way in the back and forth with Isaac. Where I addressed it. Again obviously someone did not bother to read my comments and said it AGAIN. Causing me again to state my case again in another long diatribe. Bottom line for me is, the way I am now feeling is my presence and my comments are neither read, and if they are read they are always misinterpreted, leaving me to feel as though I am completely misunderstood and my comments are not appreciated here. That is the bottom line. That is what I am angry about. pcbdmb calls me a post whore all the time, BIG DEAL, NOT!! I just vented on him because he accidentally and unbeknownst to him said it at the wrong TIMe. pcbdmb is one of my fave members on the board. It would be hard for him to seriously piss me off. He frustrates me from TIMe to TIMe, but it is all in good fun. It is my friendship with him and others like him on the board that make leaving the hardest. Well I hope everyone takes the time to READ this and not just skim it and hopefully all will understand.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  7:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For the record Fluff, I ALWAYS read your posts, regardless of length. I may not always give them the due response that you are looking for, but I hear you loud and clear.
-J

Go to Top of Page

BigEyedPhish
Is Anybody Here?

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  7:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Send BigEyedPhish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fluffy-
i am sorry for my post (it seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back) and i'm sorry i misunderstood. i addressed the post to you because i feel that you are the leader of the board. i was only trying to inform other board members that i was not one of those "tarded" DMB fans (as my screen might imply). i am also very sorry that you have to put up with those types of fans at tim's shows. (that's more then i could take) thank you for everything you do for us on this board. please accept my appologies and forgive me.

Brian

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  8:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No need to apologize Fluffy. I knew that you weren't mad at me. It frustrated me more that I couldn't really talk to you about it. I tried my best and I failed miserably! See....the entire post whore thing was a complete misunderstanding (even though I know you're now mad about that). Here's what I said:
quote:

and here's your reply:
quote:

The reason I called you a post whore was because I thought you were mocking me, when in actuality, I was mocking you. Kind of ironic when you think about it. But anyway, I would just like to say thank you Fluffy for all the good times on this board.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  04:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky Said:
quote:
For the record Fluff, I ALWAYS read your posts, regardless of length. I may not always give them the due response that you are looking for, but I hear you loud and clear.

Well Silky, Thank you very much, I am glad you read them all. I mean that sincerely, it means alot. I take alot of TIMe posting them and I glad you take the TIMe to read them. As to the second part of your post, please don't get the wrong idea, I am not looking for any particular response. The frustration comes out of(especially on the more serious topics)feeling like they are ignored except for the part that serves as a punchline to a joke. I love it when you say something like, "Good Points" or "I concur" and then lay in with the punchline. At least then I know it has been read and not JUST turned into a joke. Don't get me wrong, I love the jokes, that is one of the best parts of the board. Everyones own, very unique, sense of humor! I can almost read a comment and tell you who posted it without looking at the posters name. I am even open and welcome criticism and oposing viewpoints. I love that stuff. I guess what I am trying to say is there is really nothing wrong with the way people respond to them. It is the isolated instances where they are misinterpreted and I am made to feel like the bad guy. As you know I am more than happy to discuss topics and subjects, even if we don't agree. That is one of the really kewl things about this board and about FRIENDS in general. The ability to disagree and still be friends. To hear the other guys side and even if you don't agree respect his opinion. So please, continue to respond how you feel, don't let my outburst change the way you post or cause you to overthink what answer you give. That would change the dynamic of the board and we definitely don't want that. All that happened at a moment when I was trying to explain myself and I just felt like noone was listening or caring. I blew up! It was wrong(albiet justified)but it was definitely a case fo the straw that broke the camels back. In almost any other situation pcbdmb's comment would have been fine and exactly what I expected from him,it just happened at the wrong time this time. So don't go changin' to try and please me, don't change the color of your hair, mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm don't imagine your too familiar, and I don't see you anymore oooooooo I(stop it now)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  05:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BEF wrote:
quote:
i am sorry for my post (it seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back) and i'm sorry i misunderstood.

Indeed you were the straw that broke the camels back. I am sorry if I made you feel like it was all your fault. It certainly WAS NOT! It had been building for quite a while. It definitely was taken so personally by be because it was addressed to me, leading me to believe my comments had made you feel that way. I am fully aware, as I have said before,there are fans of DMB who do understand TR and you are one of them. I just wanted you to understand that I was not trying to slight the DMB fans who don't get TR as more than Dave's Monkey Boy. I was just trying to lighten the tension that other members of the board seemed to be feeling toward the less enlightened DMB fans. I was hoping to maybe help them see it from the side of the pro-DMB fans so they might not be so hard on them. There was certainly no insult intended to DMB fans that are less enlightened about TR. None whatsoever! So when I felt I had offended again while trying to defend THOSE DMB fans, I lost it. Sorry it had to be leveled in your direction.
quote:
thank you for everything you do for us on this board.

You are very welcome!! Thanx for being here and being a part of our(should I be scared to say it?)FAMILY of Friends aBOARD the Space Pod!!
quote:
please accept my appologies and forgive me.

I accept graciously and gratefully and there is no need to forgive you for you have done nothing wrong. Sounds like it was just a case of bad communication.
quote:
i addressed the post to you because i feel that you are the leader of the board. i was only trying to inform other board members that i was not one of those "tarded" DMB fans (as my screen might imply).
It gives me a warm tingly feeling that you consider me the leader of the board, but as I have stated before(probably in posts b4 your TIMe with us)I am an equal member of this board. I do not consider myself the leader. I like that this board really has no leader. Just a bunch of friends. If people look up to me here, I am truly honored. If they do not look up to me, I am fine with that. That is not why I am here. You addressed it to me as the leader of the board and I took it as you singling me out. MISCOMMUNICATION!! It is so EZ in this enviroment. The dynamic of the board would be crushed by a leader, I think. Like so many things in life, this board is only as strong as we are as a whole! Each individual member contributing his or her part to the whole, making the whole that much stronger and better for each part of the whole. Making anyone more important than another would take away from that dynamic. Something is only as strong as strength of its parts(us)! Glad to have you here, and I hope you will stick around for a long time to come.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  05:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ps BEF, go back and edit your post and put a smiley face at the end, noone should be sad around here. Sorry if I made you feel sad. Don't be sad, be glad!! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  05:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb wrote:
quote:
(even though I know you're now mad about that).
NO I'M NOT!!! I think you meant to put "even though I know you're NOT mad about that". Amazing how one letter,as small as an "w" can change the whole meaning of a sentence, Eh? That would have been the proper wording of that sentence I hope because I am NOT mad about that!!
quote:
Here's what I said:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and here's your reply:

quote:

The reason I called you a post whore was because I thought you were mocking me, when in actuality, I was mocking you.

My blah blah blah post was mocking you in a way. I was really pissed at the other thing and you posted that "DAMN....." post and I felt like someone else was completely ignoring what i had just said. So I responded with the "Did I write something" post in a very mocking way trying to imply that I was feeling like "why do I bother to type explanations". Hope this clears it up.
quote:
Kind of ironic when you think about it.
VERY!!!!
quote:
But anyway, I would just like to say thank you Fluffy for all the good times on this board.
And I would like to stop and thank you for all the good times as well kind sir(or should I say post whore HEHE)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  05:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GuitarGuy said:
quote:
Why don't we all just stay away from Nancies?
I am almost inclined to agree with you, but at the same time, it is our mission to convert the world to TR, even if it is one naive DMB fan at a TIMe. What a better place to spread the gospel. Right in their own camp. We know we have people familiar with TR there, we just have to see if we can get them to understand the genius beyond his work with DMB.

But the idea, in theory, makes perfect sense to me. I know what you mean about feeling dumber everytime you read something on that board. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  06:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

pcbdmb wrote:
quote:
NO I'M NOT!!! I think you meant to put "even though I know you're NOT mad about that". Amazing how one letter,as small as an "n" can change the whole meaning of a sentence, Eh? That would have been the proper wording of that sentence I hope because I am NOT mad about that!!

Whoops!! Looks like there's only one word to describe this.......
D'OH!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  06:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

pcbdmb wrote:
quote:
NO I'M NOT!!! I think you meant to put "even though I know you're NOT mad about that". Amazing how one letter,as small as an "n" can change the whole meaning of a sentence, Eh? That would have been the proper wording of that sentence I hope because I am NOT mad about that!!

By the way.......shouldn't that say "as small as a 'w' can change the whole meaning of a sentence"???? Or even 't'........but not 'n'........hehe.....I'm a bastid.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  07:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It does!!!

DOAH!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  2:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
d'oh.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  5:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no no.....at the back of the throat........
D'OH!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  6:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
D'OH!

That better?

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  04:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
....excellent....

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  05:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(to the tune of Beethoven's 5th)

D'oh D'oh D'oh D'oooooooohhh

D'oh D'oh D'oh D'oooooooooohhhhh

Now you can call it Beethomers 5th!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  05:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
YEAH, Brian's smiling again!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  3:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
(to the tune of Beethoven's 5th)

D'oh D'oh D'oh D'oooooooohhh

D'oh D'oh D'oh D'oooooooooohhhhh

Now you can call it Beethomers 5th!!

Ever see something so dumb it makes you laugh? There it is. :)
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  06:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SilkyTP said:
quote:
Ever see something so dumb it makes you laugh? There it is. :)

DOAH!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  11:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
D'OH!

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  07:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
MOM!! pcbdmb is copying me again!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  10:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am not!!!!......well........he started it!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  07:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did not!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  09:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did did did did didn't did!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  09:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did not, did not, did not, did not, blah blah blah, I can't hear you blah blah blah

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  09:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did not!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  09:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did to!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  09:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
didn't

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  09:47:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  09:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dint

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  09:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
did

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  09:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
lalalalalalalalalalala I can't hear you lalalalallalalalalalalalalal

dint

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  12:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what's wrong with the word retarted? it's not rude. it's what retarded people are. they're slowed down. that's what the word means, i'm sure you know that. that said, why not use the word? unlike calling someone gay, it is an insult because you're saying said person has the intelligence of a person who is slowed down mentally. i have two retarded cousins, and i understand why people might become upset with the use of the word retarded. but i'm not going to lie about what they are. they don't get less retarded by calling them something else. i've always felt euphamisms were a form of lying.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  2:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Dan... retards are retards... fuck being PC.

And pat and fluff... I've never seen post-whoring like this before. So, uh... are you in need of 'representation?'

-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  7:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And pat and fluff... I've never seen post-whoring like this before. So, uh... are you in need of 'representation?'

Naw......I'm good. I can hold my own.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  7:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it's not a matter of being "pc" or whatever. it's just calling people what they are. if there's a pc term that i think is less misleading than a common term, i'll use that. but that's rarely the case.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  7:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Calling people what they are could get you in a lot of trouble. But I understand where you're coming from.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  9:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i know calling people what they are gets me in trouble. but if people don't like being called what they are, maybe they should reconsider what they've become. or, if they can't help it, accept it. calling a handicapped person differently abled doesn't help them walk.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  02:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

calling a handicapped person differently abled doesn't help them walk.

Hahaha!!! That's true, but calling a black person the N-word, or calling a homosexual a fagat is grounds for getting killed.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  04:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky wrote:
quote:
And pat and fluff... I've never seen post-whoring like this before.

HE started it!! He did!!! I swear! Besides, I thought it might be nice if for once one of my posts wasn't some rambling diatribe where I describe the same thing over and over again in as many different ways as I possibly can to get my point across! SEE, I am doing it again!! I'm RETARDED and usually I am on the board when noone else is so I don't get sucked into those, all to common, "IM sessions" that happen on the board. Anyway......

HE STARTED IT!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  2:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well a black person isn't a nigger. a black person is a black person. and a homosexual isn't a fag. a fag is a cigar. faggots are a bundle of sticks used for burning. a homosexual is a homosexual. nothing wrong with being homosexual or black.

Go to Top of Page

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  2:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate seeing the N-word....espsecially when people actually write it out...Nothing personal though...just my opinion.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  4:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, i can understand why. it doesn't bother me unless it's being used to attack someone, though.

push becomes shove. days become months. i seem to have forgotten the warmth of the sun.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  7:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hate any use of that word. If I were black, I would be appauled at how so many other black people use it in rap and everyday conversation. I don't see how that makes it allright to say... it's still a dirty racial slur which conjures thoughts of slavery to me.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  7:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't see it's harm unless it's being used in a derogatory manner. in this case i used it to make a point. not to hurt, and i don't think i was wrong in using it.

push becomes shove. days become months. i seem to have forgotten the warmth of the sun.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  9:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What I think is the stupidest thing ever was when they tried to censor Huck Finn because it had that word in it. People would become outraged that it was in there, when it was normal vocabulary for the TIMe. Taking it out make the book different. Also, if they were outraged by seeing it in a book, why didn't they do something about the songs where it's said more TIMes than anything else.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2002 :  04:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Silky, be careful, this could be a sting. It could be entrapment! Remember, pcbdmb is a NARC, even if he can't find his badge!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000