New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2002 :  6:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm seriously thinking about getting inked up at some point so I like to look for cool artists... here are a couple that are really amazing I think...

A lot of awesome work here... http://www.tattoomonster.com/newjamesgalleryentryfinal.html especially this one... http://www.tattoomonster.com/tatmonst%20full%20images/l-holyfire.jpg

And this guy is pretty impressive too... http://sickandtwistedtattoos.com/Dean/dean_gall_intro.html

Just thought I'd share because some of these tats are really nice eye candy.

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2002 :  6:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
holyfire looks like Tool artwork.

theyre kind of cool, but i dont think i would want a tat at any point. almost tatood OZZY on my fingers. very glad i didnt actualy

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com

Stay Tuned For The New Tim Site....
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2002 :  6:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's probably a good thing. When I was in eighth grace a kid I knew tattooed a four-leaf-clover on his ankle himself. It turned out horribly wrong. I wonder what he thinks about it now, heheheh. He wasn't very bright at all, maybe he still thinks it looks good.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  02:58:17 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OZZY on the fingers would be a cool temp tattoo...but not permanent.

But there's no way I'd get inked. Bodies change too much...gain a little weight and you're screwed. Age a little and they get all saggy.. Anyway, you couldn't convince me to get a tattoo. I don't like ANYTHING that much. (so much that I'd put it permanently on my body.)

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  03:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
......except the obvious.......

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  03:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
......which obviously isn't......

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  04:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Obviously.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  6:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know, I'm really in to tats myself. I have two at the time being but I would really like more. I have one on my shoulder and one on my lower back but what I really want is a whole back piece. I think they are a form of expression. I think when I'm 80 and everything is sagging I will still be glad I got them.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  9:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love tatts. I just wish my artist didn't live so far away. She moved to LA shortly after we finished my backpiece. I have seen her a number of TIMes while in LA, but never have enuf TIMe to get work done. I want to get about 4 or 5 more before I am finished. I also have 2 on my chest and my left calf is covered. I want to get my left leg finished. I want it to eventually rap around my ankle and encircle my existing tatt and then run up the side of my thigh to my hip. One day, who knows. I promised myself I would not let anyone but Danielle tattoo me. So I patiently wait for the opportunity to lay under her gun once more. Although, now that she is LA, she may be to BIGTIME for lil ole me. HEHE She created a Mac and Cheese tattoo for me. It would probably be my only color tatt. All mine are, what they call, black + grey work. She does amazing stuff. They look like pencil sketches. She used very few bold lines on me. She preferred to create the images out of shading as opposed to outlining and filling it in. They are way kewl. I also like the fact that she is female and I love supporting women in the field of tattooing. They get very little respect amongst the predominately MACHO world of tattooing. I always recommend that people search out a female tattoo artist and help to change the tattooing communities view of female tattoo artists. Women especially should make it a mission to get work done by a female artist. Hey look at that, I am rambling again. Sorry, NEVERMIND.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  10:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think getting tattoos like vin xxx had would be cool. Not the designs, just the way they were done... The guy that does them is a makeup artist, and he needed a way in Pearl Harbor (the movie) to create easy and fast wounds... So he made temporary tattoos for them...easy on, easy off, not permanent. And with XXX, he furthered his technique on Vin... And I think they look cool.

I WOULD get one like that...

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  1:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey fluffy (or anyone else who might know), im thinking about getting a tattoo...what do u have to go through as far as taking care of it right after u get it done? thanks
james

Go to Top of Page

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  1:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I always used neosporin and washed it with soap and water. But I've heard that vasoline works too. Just as long as it stays moist so it doesn't scab up, the colors tend to fade when that happens.

Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  2:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how long do u usually have to keep that up? thanks again
james

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  2:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My tattoo artist actually invented an ointment to use during the healing process. It was all natural. The problem she was encountering was that most creams and ointments had vitamin E in them to aid in the healing of wounds. Vitamin E is also known for it's ability to help heal wounds and leave less of a scar. Well a tattoo is a type of scar, you don't want the vitamin E lessening the scarring of your tattoo. So she invented an all natural ointment with all these good herbs in it that was carefully concocted to help and speed healing without being detrimental to the actual tattoo. As Sourgirl said, keep it clean, moist with a proper ointment and don't pick the scabs. When the scabs come up, leave them alone. You risk removing color if you pick at the scabs. You can end up with light and dark spots in your tattoo. It is actually quite EZ to deal with. Only thing that bugs me even a little is the itching during the healing process,as with any wound,and not being able to scratch it vigorously for fear of messing up the scab. Other than that it is a pretty easy follow-up process after getting a tattoo. The length of TIMe you have to endure this depends on your body and it's ability to heal. It is different for different people. Hope this helps.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  3:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah that does help...thanks a lot to both of you
james

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  6:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
KEWL, always glad to help!!!(....HERE'S YOUR SIGN!)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  03:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know, I was watching X-files last night (Sundays only since we don't get FX....bastards!) and it was about a tattoo of a woman that a guy got that controlled him. It made him kill any woman that tried to get near him. So BEWARE!!!! If you get a tattoo, it can take control of your mind and make you kill people you like!

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  07:19:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Funny? Mine haven't done anything like that to me. I think you may be projecting pcbdmb. Oh, and ......Here's your sign!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000