Direct Connect Hub
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  3:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For those of you that missed it in one of the other threads...There is now a TR Direct Connect Hub! Also, for those of you that know about it, there is some updated info...

Server Name: chaosview.no-ip.org
Port: 411

As of now, there are no registered users (unless you are an op...Looking for one, maybe two...Anyone want to help?). Also, you must be sharing at least 100 MB of data. I don't care if it's Mp3s, non TR related, whatever...Just 100 MB. I think that's fair, no?

Any questions can be directed to me via e-mail, response to this thread, or you can message me in the hub (I'm SurferX...LOL!). I don't have any TR related music up yet, but I do have some live shows that I have taped of a local band here in LA called LotusFear. If you like the stuff that TIM is doing now, you'll really like these guys. Very cool.

Ok, enough out of me...

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
AIM:SurfFilez27

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  5:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good. I'll check up on it after I get off from work at 9. I have some TR stuff that you'd be interested in.......they're from the FTP site.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2002 :  1:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I tweaked the script a bit...You now only need 10mb shared to get into the hub. See y'all in there...

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  01:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So how does it work? I put in the server name and all I get is...

quote:

This hub is running version 1.0.25 of the NeoModus Direct Connect Hub Software.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  02:16:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, Direct Connect is a P2P (Peer to Peer) program. It only works if there are other people on at the same time as you. I try to leave DC running all the time, so I should be in there (My username is SurferX...wow...). Like I mentioned earlier...I have no TR stuff, but you're more than welcome to check out the other stuff I have up.

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2002 :  1:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I have made the decision to make the DC hub "Registered Users Only". So, just e-mail me a username and password that you would like to use to access the hub, and I'll add you! It's quite simple, and Direct Connect will remember your password and everything! E-mail is in the sig...

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2002 :  1:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Also, if you would like, please also add your AIM screen name on there. That way, if you have any problems, you can IM me...

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2002 :  10:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever use this thing? I'm in there sharing about 40gigs.. several d+t shows...

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2002 :  03:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
get back in and ive got some shows you might be interested in.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  12:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can everyone who sent in their IDs for the hub please resend them? If you haven't read by now, I had to reformat my HD and lost everything...Thanks!

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2002 :  01:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok y'all...Sorry the hub has been down for so long...Anyway, it's back up, and you don't need a login/password anymore (too lazy to update it). Hopefully, it'll be up more now!

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000