USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2002 :  2:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what songs has TR covered live?

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2002 :  2:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Neil Young:

Only Love Can Break your heart
Ohio
Harvest
Words
After The Goldrush

Peter Gabriel:

Red Rain (Solo + TR3)
In Your Eyes
Of These... Hope
Mercy Street

Bob Marly - Zimbobwe

The Beatles:

Come Together
Imagine

Bach - Courante

Marilyn Manson:

Fuck Frankie
Cryptorchid (soundcheck solo + d&t '97)
Beautiful People (soundcheck)

NIN - Hurt

Hendrix - Manic Depression (TR3)

Prodigy - Rat Poison (TR3)

So far unknown Sade + Depeche Mode cover tunes, i wish i knew which ones...

If there are any others i'll get back to you.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2002 :  2:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, those all sound like some awesome covers to hear. i've heard cryptorchid before, but that's it. covers are nice, they kinda like show you the bands that the musician listens to, like stuff he can really get into...

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2002 :  3:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, its even more nuts that 95% of his covers are solo guitar with no vocals... its amazing.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2002 :  3:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, ther's actually a bunch more than this too... I had a list compiled on a disc somewhere, know it seems I can't find it

But off the top of my head I think I can add a few.

- Ministry: Just One Fix (TR3)

- Bob Marley: Natural Mystic, Exodus (TR3)

- Hendrix: If 6 was 9, ummm, there are a ton more Hendrix covers, I just don't remember them. (All with TR3)

- Slipknot: I think one of the drum machine samples from the last tour is a Slipknot beat

- Peter Gabriel: Only Us (solo soundcheck)

hehe, I remember Fluffy saying that he did "Hit me Baby one more Time" during a Las Vegas soundcheck

and a few more I'm sure... who knows what may pop up on ChaosView!!!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2002 :  3:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where/When was fuck frankie played?

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2002 :  5:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to hear TR play In Your Eyes. That would sound really cool.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2002 :  11:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Where/When was fuck frankie played?

http://www.timreynolds.com/setlists/4-4-01a/

it says hurt & fuck frankie... whether they were played or not is only known by fluffy, tim, and kyle who has the recording.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

MC
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  01:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He also did a very kick-ass Zeppelin medley that used to be on the FTP. I do enjoy the cover song by Tim!

"Turn it into love, man. Whatever's fucked up in the world, just turn it into love. Take in the bad and give out the good, otherwise we're all gonna die and go to hell." T.R.
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  01:14:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats right!! kashmir was teased in steam many times...

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  9:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd sooo love to hear the hendrix covers!! are any of them on solo acoustic, or all with TR3?

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  10:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
whoa whoa whoa 'NIN - Hurt' when did he play that.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  10:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'd love to hear TR play In Your Eyes. That would sound really cool.

I have a vid clip of it on my comp from the uwplattevile show, if u are on cable or higher i can send it to you... hit me up on aolim - Saint Jude 666

or just respond to this and we will figure something out

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  10:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
actually scratch that, just rewatched the vid, for somereason it jumps all around, if i ever get my damn camera back from my rents i can put the whole show on my comp finally.

if u want a 140 meg sound file w/ pics of tim playing 5 seconds behind the sound though, let me know. i still have the original copy on my comp, will try recoding it... i'll keep you posted.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  11:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought of one more to add to the list:

War: Spill The Wine

Hit me up if you want it. Its a kick ass version.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  11:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

if u want a 140 meg sound file w/ pics of tim playing 5 seconds behind the sound though, let me know.

No thanks.....but I appreciate the offer. If you do get it on your computer, let me know......I'm interested.......veeeerryyyy interested....

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  11:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i just rewatch the original copy, its good, i will re-encode it either tonight or tommorow. i'll keep ya posted.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  11:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sweet! Thanks a lot! But I think we might run into a problem using IM. Because I've tried to send stuff to people outside of this campus and it didn't work. Oh well......we'll play it by ear.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  01:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
k i redid it, it looks alot better too, and its not nearly as large as of a file. now only 38 megs, and its dvd quality. well it could be put on dvd.

So let me know and i can send it to you, i am done w/ classes tommorow by 2 15 or so, so let me know.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  05:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing you mean EST? Well....I don't have class til 3:20 (PST)...so I'll IM you before that.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  10:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no central. which is the same as pt, i think, dont know. but try imin me round 2 20 or so, Saint Jude 666

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  5:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ummmmmm.......what's your IM?

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  5:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Saint Jude 666

If anyone else wants a copy and is on cable or faster let me know.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  5:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got a T1 line and it's goin' at 39 KB.....d'oh well..at least I get to listen to it. Thanks a ton Saint Jude!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  9:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the slow connection is cuz cable is limited for its upload speed.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2002 :  03:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got the Vid today through AIM, and it is very cool! (Thanks again SJ)

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2002 :  03:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy that reminds me, were you eve able to listen to that old TR3 show I sent you that had the Spill the Wine cover? I remeber at first you said it wouldnt play. I hope you were able to hear it because it is a KICK ASS show!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2002 :  04:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Kev, I finally heard it. For some reason or another it finally played on my computer. I will never in a million years understand computers. Ironically, presently my computer will not play ANY CD's. One minute Yes, Next minute NO!! I really believe they have a mind of their own. Thanx again for the CD's, I really appreciate it. It had been so long since I had listened to TRock Out LIVE. I had forgotten how magical and KEWL it really is. I am so looking forward to these next batch of electric shows. WhoooHoo!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2002 :  05:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Saint Jude!! That song is really kewl! Thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2002 :  11:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
NIN - Hurt

Yo erich, do u have this, or where did u hear of it.

Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  08:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a great "Mercy Street" cover in mp3 format that he does on the '99 Tour w. Dave as a solo. Does anyone (Erich probably does) know where/when he played it?

WOB: I'll upload it to anyone who hits me up at my AOL IM, or yahoo (same as my name here). Send me an email at powdrdogdmb@yahoo.com and I'll hook it up.

Peace Be With
-WBB

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  09:08:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget his work on the cover "Love of my Life" with Carlos Santana.

Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  09:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've only heard him do that song with Dave and Carlos, does he do one w/o Dave?
Peace Be With
-WBB

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  10:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats the one i mean, i love it

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  10:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Skinny Puppy - Assimilate
Black Sabbath - Supernaut

Soundcheck teases ive heard:

The Police - Message In A Bottle
Sting - Why Should I Cry For You
Opeth - Orchid
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (i started singing this to Mason and tim laughed and tried to play it on the leys. I shouldve continued singing )

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2002 :  10:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Don't forget his work on the cover "Love of my Life" with Carlos Santana.

the reason i dont count that is because then you would have to count all the solos hes guested on as well, in which the numberes go through the roof with his DMB affiliation and his work with all those other bands. I think these are all songs hes covered *himself* or with *his* band.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2002 :  04:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love to hear Tim Covers! Especially, After the Gold Rush. Such a good song!

"There once was a man from Canada who wrote these couple of songs." -Tim

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2002 :  2:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know Mercy St. is played on T&D 1.29.99 and also also the Kent State show...In Your Eyes was played solo 4.16.00

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Does "Happy Birthday" count?

Also, TR told me he was working on a cover of Fear Factory "Full Metal Contact", and instrumental bonus track on their "Digimortal" CD. Burt said he had written words for it even though the weren't recorded and was hoping to make it to a couple of the PA shows to sing them, but he got tied up in LA and never made it to the shows. Maybe it is something we can look forward to in the future, a TR/Burt C. Bell collaboration. AWESOME!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich wrote:
quote:
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (i started singing this to Mason and tim laughed and tried to play it on the leys. I shouldve continued singing)

He used to goof around with this one alot at soundchecks on past tours. Of course, he sang it like Marilyn Manson not The Eurythmics. He once said it was one of Eura's faves(the MM version). I would love to hear her sing a version of it accompanied by TR.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2002 :  12:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hendrix - Are You Experienced
Marley - Natural Mystic, Exodus

im sure a bunch more on that TR3 tape i have, i recognize so little of it.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000