Wow, that was difficult
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  3:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man...putting in a request for Warehouse tickets was a pain in the ass. Took me 2 hours to get 4 requests through. Both the main site and the warehouse site were down completely for a solid 20 minutes. I'm thinking chances of getting seats are as close to 0 as they could possibly be without being 0. Oh well, if I get the honor of attending, I'll be cheering Timmy on for sure!

James

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  8:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The limit as x approaches 0 of the function x^x where x is defined as the probability of you getting a ticket. Just a little calculus for ya.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  9:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CPPJames

...I'll be cheering Timmy on for sure!

Please don't cheer while he's playing -- the rest of the audience would like to be able to HEAR him. And please don't call him Timmy.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  12:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Give me a break. First of all, thanks for the pre-calc lesson =). I'm an engineer, so I can hold my own when it comes to calc . Second of all, tericee...shut up, seriously. That was the most immature post I've ever read. Why do you care what I call him? How does it affect you? When I said I'd be cheering him on, I meant in spirit. Grow up.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  12:10:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh.....welcome aBOARD fellow engineer! And don't rag on tericee, she's just the grammer police, the etiquette police, etc. And she's Fluffy's sis.....so back off bitch! Haha....j/k.

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  12:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL, I suppose it just pissed me off. My best friend loves to be called Tim and only Tim but I always call him Timmy just cause it sounds better to me. I apologize for being snippy, before further backlash occurs =).

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  12:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And as grammAr deputy, I'll remind you that it's grammAr not grammEr =). hahaha

Go to Top of Page

smgallstars
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  02:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit smgallstars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is tericee really Fluffy's sister?
Just Curious - and Hello tericee, either way.

F L U F F Y - - - > Y O U H A V E M A I L

Peace
Later,
Jason Drewes
coldengrey

Check Out My Band: http://www.mp3.com/smgallstars
mail to: coldengrey1@attbi.com
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  03:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well despite the fact my DSL fucked up a couple of days and I had to sign on WAREHOUSE with dial up.... 2 hours 40 min. later I am in for 5 shows.... and like stated in a previous post chances are prolly slim to none that Ill get a ticket somewhere.... Ill sell my liver on the black market or something. Hell even if i have to go to a Univ. of ALaska show next tour I will be all over that

rob

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  07:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Second of all, tericee...shut up, seriously. That was the most immature post I've ever read. Why do you care what I call him? How does it affect you? When I said I'd be cheering him on, I meant in spirit. Grow up.

you do realize your being an asshole and saying grow up in the same comment is pretty funny right? And her being fluffys sister she would know a thing or two about what Tim wants fans to call him (despite saying it himself many times) as well, right? so do yourself a favor and take your own advice, shut up.

I cant wait for more DMB fans to show up either, this will be great come March

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  07:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must agree with Tericee, it's pretty much common knowledge and etiquette to call him Tim, not Timmy, because as we've all heard several times Tim hates to be called Timmy, it's like something his mom calls you. kinda like that annoying nickname you wish you didn't have.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  11:06:23 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I apologize to those I have offended. I didn't realize that calling him Timmy would be considered vulgar. I will refer to him as Tim from now on. On another note, why is there such a hatred of Dave fans here? I will be the first to admit that I would never have heard of Tim if it weren't for Luther College...but I feel as if that makes me some sort of outcast in this community. Does it really matter that I love Dave's music as well? I can imagine that coming here and asking why he didn't play Dave covers at his last solo electric show would be extremely irritating after a while...but I'm not doing that. I completely respect Tim as a solo artist and I've attended as many shows as I've been able to. I don't see Tim as Dave's backup man, I see him as his own artist...and a phenomenal one at that. Yeah, I love Stream...I think it's amazing. I also love Loose Interpretations, Doom, Smile, Kundalini Bonfire and Big Blast of Hot Air. I don't see why *some* people are so quick to stereotype Dave fans as people that only like Luther College. For the record, I do love Luther College. I'm not trying to flame, I'm sincerely trying to understand.

James

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  2:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dirtysloth

I think I speak for all of us when I say there's nothing wrong with liking DMB, but everybody and their dog listens to them these days so there are a lot of ignorant people that make up the fanbase.

I completely agree and I appreciate your response. I personally hated the Everyday album. I respect their right to venture off in new directions, but I wasn't interested and I cringe every time I hear them play something from that album. I'm not going to be mad at someone for liking it, however. The thing that bothers me is when I'm at a show and people stand up and scream for Where Are You Going and are like "What's this?" when they play Two Step. I would never criticize them though...they're entitled to do whatever they want to do. I do hate the fact that DMB became mainstream. It really does bother me because when I saw them back in the day, the atmosphere was phenomenal. It's gone downhill severely.

I love Tim. I think he puts on a hell of a show and I can only imagine that many fans at the Dave + Tim shows will know only Stream and have a mass exodus when he says "I'm gonna ask Tim to play something for y'all". They're entitled to do what they want...that just means I have less drunks around me when he jams.

James

Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  3:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, you can tell by the comments made on DMB forums the past few days about them being taken off archive.org. Alot of the DMB fanbase are spoiled little shits that take everything for granted. I know many people who love DMB for thier music as I do, but as any of you who have been to one of their concerts in recent years knows, there are alot of people who may enjoy the music, but they are there because its the cool place to be... I am afraid this is the atmosphere that we will see at the upcoming T+D shows. I'm curious as to what got Tim to do it... I mean...was it just Dave asking? Was it an astronomical amount of money? I'm sure he enjoys playing with his old buddy Dave, but those crowds are horrendus.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  9:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And as grammAr deputy, I'll remind you that it's grammAr not grammEr =). hahaha

Dammit! Now I look stupid. And about your comment of us jumping on you for calling him Timmy....we apologize. It's just that we've had to correct so many people about it that it's almost second nature to yell at the person. We do it simply as a sign of respect for him, but we've run into people who have the attitude of "I can call him whatevr the fuck I want!". OK.......I'm done speaking for the board.

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  9:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my attitude was only a response to yours, but since you apologized that can be let go of.

And im a DMB fan, got into tim through L@CC. I still dislike most DMB fans. just look at the boards these days, even some of the nicer ones. Its horrendous.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2003 :  5:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Give me a break. First of all, thanks for the pre-calc lesson =). I'm an engineer, so I can hold my own when it comes to calc . Second of all, tericee...shut up, seriously. That was the most immature post I've ever read. Why do you care what I call him? How does it affect you? When I said I'd be cheering him on, I meant in spirit. Grow up.

Thank you for cheering only in spirit.

I said please don't call him Timmy because I have eaten Thanksgiving dinner with his family (along with Rew and my bro) and happen to know that he doesn't like to be called Timmy.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2003 :  5:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL, I never claimed to know Tim more than meeting him a couple times...you win. I've heard several times before that he would prefer being called Tim and usually I just refer to him as TR. I stated that I will refer to him as Tim from now on and it shouldn't be an issue. I do sincerely apologize for the entire argument that spawned from this.

James

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2003 :  5:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I apologize too. I was snippy in my first post, so I sort of egged you on.

There's a lot of random stuff like that you learn after being part of the TIM community for a while. It took me a while to catch on to the fact that everytime the word TIM is used on this board, people always spell it with capital letters, so now I do it too. Even when it's only part of a word, like TIMe. It's weird, but it's our custom.

Somewhere in the "Friends Aboard the Spacepod" section, you'll find a list of message board rules. If you ever have some spare time you might find them amusing and/or informative. I think the capital TIM thing is on there, but I'm not sure...

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2003 :  9:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FLAMING MOE!!! YESSS!!

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2003 :  12:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL, no worries...I think all is settled now and in due TIMe everything will be wonderful. I've definitely picked up on the capital TIM thing, even having only been an observer of these boards for a few months and finally becoming somewhat active only recently. On another note, I think I smell something burning so I'm going to investigate and I believe I shall retire momentarily.

James

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2003 :  4:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing that took me the longest to get was the flaming moes. Now i'm on track now with 20th post flaming moes!

Go to Top of Page

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  12:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just so we're all on the same page, I'll sum up:

1)TIM, not "timmy"
2)Some DMB fans suck
3)Everyone in here liked Tim enough join a message board
4)Everyone needs to send me 5 bucks

Feel free to agree with three of the above (hint: #3 may NOT be true)

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  09:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Apparently some TIM fans suck too, as hard as that is to believe. Especially the bootleggers on ebay. I would say though, that the vast majority of TIM fans are better than the vast majority of DMB fans anymore.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  01:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Apparently some TIM fans suck too, as hard as that is to believe. Especially the bootleggers on ebay. I would say though, that the vast majority of TIM fans are better than the vast majority of DMB fans anymore.

Not that I approve of the astronomical prices on eBay, but I would venture to say that the people selling their tix on eBay are simply opportunists who know how to make a buck.

Since most of the T&D shows are on college campuses, there was probably alot of buzz going around. Much buzz ==> scalping opportunity. (Or the iron curtain theory: somebody walking by saw a line and stood in it hoping that it would turn out to be something good.)

A starving student who's not a fan, but can get first choice of $50 tix, has a golden opportunity to make a tidy sum. Sad, but possible.

BTW, I looked it up and apparently there are only 5 states that have anti-scalping laws.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  07:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

(Or the iron curtain theory: somebody walking by saw a line and stood in it hoping that it would turn out to be something good.)

I've never heard of this theory. Could you explain it more. It sounds interesting.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  12:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I believe it has to do with communism, no?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000