Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 what if nancies members saw THIS setlist?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  12:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The Real Setlist
Tim Reynolds and Dave Matthews
April 4, 2003
Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center - Carthage College
Kenosha, Wisconsin

Set
Dave song 1
Dave song 2
Dave song 3
Dave song 4
Dave song 5
Dave song 6
Dave song 7
Dave song 8
Dave song 9
Dave song 10
Dave song 11
Dave song 12
Dave song 13
Dave song 14
The Wayfarer
Dave song 15
Dave song 16
Dave song 17
Dave song 18
Dave song 19
Dave song 20
Dave song 21
Kundalini Bonfire
Dave song 22
Dave song 23
Dave song 24
Encore
Dave song 25

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  01:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hahaha, touche'

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  01:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's the funniest thign ever.

I'm going to give this "punctuation" thing a chance. How am I doing?
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  01:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL.

Agreed.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  02:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i love it *laughs* thats great.

If it makes you feel beter, i sent nancies, ants, and almanac allthe tim information. they'll do with it what they wish, but it was sent.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  03:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I must say that is pretty damn funny. Damn nancies, need to list TIM's songs out. Without TIM that tour would not be anything. just my thoughts

Rob
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  03:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's hilarious, JFP!
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  07:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahaha, yes!!! those pompous fools would "shat" themselves!! hahaha, nice!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  07:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jfp that is the FUNNIEST HAHAHAHHAHA! Thanks! I think we should ask Waldo about that one, I bet he would have a good laugh too! I am printing this one out it is that good!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  3:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wish that the setlists on dmband.com/road would at least name the Tim solos rather than just listing Tim Solo.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  3:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baboonboy

I wish that the setlists on dmband.com/road would at least name the Tim solos rather than just listing Tim Solo.

i think the folks here at the tr message board are the only ones that actualy know them

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Waldo
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  4:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Waldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A setlist like that? Why...that would be crazy!

:)

Waldo Jaquith
waldo@nancies.org
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  4:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha thats funny

If you ever venture over to www.dmbalmanac.com that guy does a great job of finding out the names to Tim's solos. It just happens that the vast majority of fans that go to Dave and Tim shows do not know the names to Tim's songs, and it's not like they can just go home and look up the lyrics somewhere. It's not that nancies.org doesn't have any respect for Tim, they just haven't had anyone tell them what the songs are called, and the guy who does the tour section of the website either wasn't at the shows or doesn't know the names himself. You ought to email him with the names of the solos; I'm sure they will be posted.

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

Waldo
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  4:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Waldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dancheatham

It's not that nancies.org doesn't have any respect for Tim, they just haven't had anyone tell them what the songs are called, and the guy who does the tour section of the website either wasn't at the shows or doesn't know the names himself. You ought to email him with the names of the solos; I'm sure they will be posted.

Adam Krakowsky, who runs our Tour section, has his hands full with the mere running of that section. He gets a bunch of submissions of the setlist via our web-based submission system, although he often starts off with the setlist provided on davematthewsband.com. It's great that Erich puts those setlists up on his website, but it's just not in our setlist-addition process to check out Erich's website for the names of Tim's solos. I certainly imagine that we'll make a mini-project out of going through and making sure that every "Tim Solo" becomes the name of the song that he performed. It would be insulting to do otherwise.

Waldo Jaquith
waldo@nancies.org
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  4:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i can give you a hand if you need, id be more than willing. '99 is not close to being done but once it is i'll be happy to send it your way, and there are a bunch of corrections i found for 93-97.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  4:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Waldo!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2003 :  10:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Waldo is awesome -- and crazy!!!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2003 :  12:44:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancies.org now has a poll that says: "Should Tim play with DMB this summer?"

It's no should! It should read: "Would you like to hear Tim play with DMB this summer?"

The way they say it bugs me. Like Tim has nothing better to do, and he should play with DMB. And if he doesn't he's an asshole. It's minute, but it still bothers me. He's his own artist and he's trying to do his own thing.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2003 :  12:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yea, its like saying, Tim wants to play, he needs the $. Should we let him?

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2003 :  9:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jon should seriously add all the TIM and dave shows to the setlist archive, in that EXACT manner. Then after its done, someone can go post a link to it on nancies.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2003 :  10:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The possibilities are endless...

BWA HA HA!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

joojoo
Is Anybody Here?

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  04:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit joojoo's Homepage  Send joojoo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
lol, I like how all the reviews on the nancies site, when referring to the "TIM SOLO"'s, make the same remark, to the effect that they "can't believe anyone can move their hands that fast!!!"

just an observation. but kind of an interesting point... perhaps because they see Tim as just some guitar freak (poor word choice, but can't think of anything else...) with no creative genius at all... Which all of us here of course know NOT to be the case.
Go to Top of Page

Anne-Sophie
Is Anybody Here?

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  10:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Anne-Sophie's Homepage  Send Anne-Sophie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

If it makes you feel beter, i sent nancies, ants, and almanac allthe tim information. they'll do with it what they wish, but it was sent.

Hey Erich,

You should send the info to dmband.com so they could add Tim's solos to their setlists too...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  04:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
JFP, that thing is SOOOOO funny!!! ROTFLMAO!! Wish I had thought of it. It really is quite amusing, or should I say, as Waldo did, CRAZY!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Waldo
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  01:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Waldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Nancies.org now has a poll that says: "Should Tim play with DMB this summer?"

It's no should! It should read: "Would you like to hear Tim play with DMB this summer?"

The way they say it bugs me. Like Tim has nothing better to do, and he should play with DMB. And if he doesn't he's an asshole. It's minute, but it still bothers me. He's his own artist and he's trying to do his own thing.

I wrote that at, like, 2am. Believe me when I tell you that you're reading way too much into that. I've been a fan of Tim Reynolds way longer than DMB (since 1991) -- you're not going to catch me disrespecting the man.

Waldo Jaquith
waldo@nancies.org
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  02:02:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps I am. It caught me in a distempered mood. Still "should"?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  09:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think it's pretty obvious that no offense was intended. I see your point, but he's stated that no offense was intended and that should be all there is to it, methinks. When I first read it, I'll admit it sounded like "does Tim owe it to DMB to tour with them?". Oh well, nothing to get bent out of shape over.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Waldo
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  6:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Waldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Perhaps I am. It caught me in a distempered mood. Still "should"?

I have a character limit for how long that the titles can be on a poll, so for all polls, the things that make them statistically valid or even useful ("...if you have an opinion," "of people that have been to a show this fall...", etc.) get chopped out or reduced to words like "should." Inevitably, with every poll, somebody e-mails me to complain that I should have said "Do you think that" instead of "Ought," or "during this summer's tour" instead of "this year," but life is too short to worry about stuff like that.

Waldo Jaquith
waldo@nancies.org
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  01:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know, everyone in nancies (and other places too) claim that they are such huge TR fans, but still they have no clue what the solos are that he plays. They don't even take the time to look them up. Come on. I know that everyone here would at least attempt to find the song titles. Also, I had some many emails through the ftp with people asking me "when did Tim start playing an electric guitar?" Yet, they claim to also be HUGE TR fans and know everything about his music. I fart in their general direction. I had one person tell me that they were shocked that "Tim snuck one by us all here." Yeah, like he secretly releases music in some underground ring so as to fool us all into thinking that all he knows is how to play with Dave. Hmmmmmmm..........idiots.

Just my 2cents on the topic. Sometimes these things can baffle one's mind. This is just one of those for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating here, I'm just saying that if baffles me. LOL. Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  01:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, the character issue helps it make a little more sense. I can understand it from that perspective.

Were they selling Tim's CDs at the shows?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  01:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
tim cds and dvds. good shit :)

Prsmartin - normaly i wouldnt say this but WORD!!!!. Granted, i may know a little more than a casual tr fan because i actualy research unknown songs and try and make an effort to do things that even someone with a few solo albums may not do... but im surprised that the tapers, who without their tapes we wouldnt even be sure what was played, dont bother to take 15 SECONDS and check what songs TR played so their txt files dont have "d2t05 - tim solo" on them (ok, may times they dont know and try to release the tapes asap when many of the setlist folk may not have them yet, but whats the harm in appending them later? or the ones that are released after theyre officialy known, whats so hard???). I know there are some teases and songs and covers that slip by the setlist crews and thats fine, even if theyre big fans of tim, so obviously not everyone is going to know everything (im not ashamed to ask wtf tims covering when i dont know, and theres a lot i still dont know).

Also, 99% of my info comes from the boards, the tapes, fluffy, articles, and just regular shit that is made public to anyone with any thirst for any knowledge on tim... So its funny to me at times when im asked about tim related stuff when all im doing is taking public knowledge and compiling it in an easy to read package. dont get me wrong... i like it ... but its still amusing.
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  02:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, its especially interesting when they could go to...ohhh...lets say...you're website and get all the songs! They wouldn't have to look long either. I mean, you are all over this place. I agree witcha! So, I guess, touche'. Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  02:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope these "fans" bought those CD's liberally.

And you do a great job researching the unknown stuff Erich. Especially with that one folk festival.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ocean Man
Is Anybody Here?

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  7:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The real problem is that the official DMB setlist page sometimes will list the songs as "Tim Solo" partly because that is all that is written on the stage setlist. please don't blame it on nancies when it is sometimes the road crew's fault.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  9:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ocean Man

The real problem is that the official DMB setlist page sometimes will list the songs as "Tim Solo" partly because that is all that is written on the stage setlist. please don't blame it on nancies when it is sometimes the road crew's fault.

i dont think people were blaming nancies, the site. nancies, ants, and almanac, all through different means, go out of their way to find the information or at least have folks contributing when they can.

And just so you know, its not the road crews fault in the slightest either, since tim doesnt have a decided solo when the setlist is written.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Joe M.
Is Anybody Here?

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  3:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joe M.'s Homepage  Send Joe M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well as far as AntsMarching.org goes, all the Tim solos have been entered and included in the database. Solos are added to the song catalog, Tim solos can be searched out, and show dates listed by Tim solo played.

Erich's been a big help with Tim related topics. Will be happy to hear when he completes other tours so we can do the same.

Joe Maliszeski
Joe@antsmarching.org
www.antsmarching.org
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  9:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear that about Antsmarching.org. And welcome to the board Joe.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

kyle41
Is Anybody Here?

5 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  9:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kyle
quote:
Originally posted by victorwootenfan

Dude, it's not that the nancies are pompous, they just arent familiar with Tim's songs. It's not that they dont appreciate his talent, cuz they all do. I should know since I am one.
Go to Top of Page

kyle41
Is Anybody Here?

5 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  9:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joojoo

lol, I like how all the reviews on the nancies site, when referring to the "TIM SOLO"'s, make the same remark, to the effect that they "can't believe anyone can move their hands that fast!!!"

just an observation. but kind of an interesting point... perhaps because they see Tim as just some guitar freak (poor word choice, but can't think of anything else...) with no creative genius at all... Which all of us here of course know NOT to be the case.

WE dont think he's a guitar freak, we just are blow away by his playing since most of us have never seen anything like it before. I saw Tim and dave in wallingford Ct., and tim definitely blows the pants off any guitar player i have ever seen before
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2003 :  11:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kyle41

kyle
quote:
Originally posted by victorwootenfan

Dude, it's not that the nancies are pompous, they just arent familiar with Tim's songs. It's not that they dont appreciate his talent, cuz they all do. I should know since I am one.

I also am, and have been a member just about as long as i have for this board. but i know there are some pompous idiots who think they know it all about all, and i'm referring to that group, not people who actually are cool over and do know what they are talking about. I wouldn't stay at nancies if their wasn't a few cool folks over there...

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  07:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my all time favorite thread and it seemed appropriate to bring it back now. Thanks again Matt, for making my day!

Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  4:57:03 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just to put in my 2 cents (even though it's an old thread)...

It's not like Tim is playing for the tapers. Sometimes I wonder if many musicians even realize that there are tapers.

Because even when I see Tim's song labeled... they are either incorrect or not completely accurate. I mean we all know Tim's tendency to tease anything that comes to mind (which is awesome).

All I'm saying is, without actually asking Tim, it'll never be perfect.

Alright, now I'm part of this thread!

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  5:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sciphish

Just to put in my 2 cents (even though it's an old thread)...

It's not like Tim is playing for the tapers. Sometimes I wonder if many musicians even realize that there are tapers.

Because even when I see Tim's song labeled... they are either incorrect or not completely accurate. I mean we all know Tim's tendency to tease anything that comes to mind (which is awesome).

All I'm saying is, without actually asking Tim, it'll never be perfect.

Alright, now I'm part of this thread!

Yeah, but the DMB people don't even ask what the song was. On the official setlist it goes down as Tim Solo. Why don't they say, hey Tim what was that song you played tonight? Then they can pop in the info, bam.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  9:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We make every effort at the Almanac to correctly label all of Tim's solos. In fact, the first thing I did when the tapes of the shows from this past October came out was to download the Tim songs so I could change [Unknown Tim Solo] to You Are My Sanity or whatever it happened to be that night. Erich has been a huge help with this.

Anyway, if you ever look at the setlist of a Dave & Tim show (I mean the actual printed setlist that Dave and Tim and the crew go by during the show), you'll see that it just says "TIM SOLO" where his solo spot is. The guy who enters the setlists on dmband.com during the shows just goes by the setlist that Dave and Tim give him.

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

Joe M.
Is Anybody Here?

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  12:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joe M.'s Homepage  Send Joe M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We try to do what we can on AntsMarching.org too. As mentioned Erich is a big help.

Got an email that Tim played 'Cradle Rock' from rory gallagher on 2-26-07. Not sure how to confirm without a recording though.

Joe Maliszeski
Joe@antsmarching.org
www.antsmarching.org
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  03:09:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't know if it's just sychronicity of this crazy world or if word of this thread got back to the DMB camp, BUT I got a call today from Joe Lawler, official archiver/recorder for DMB, asking if I would be willing to help him title TR's songs from the recent Euro dates recordings. I told him I would be glad to help which will prolly mean forwarding him along to Erich who can prolly do a much better job than I. I would be like, "Oh yeah! I know that song, he plays it all the TIMe. Name? Hopeful Heresy?(inside joke, some of you may get it)" LOL. Anyway, Joe is on his way to west coast to play some shows with Robert Randolph and he said when he gets done with those he will be back in touch to see what we can work out. Sadly I am going to miss him in SF as he is playing there, I think he said at the Fillmore, but he leaves the same day as I arrive for a show with the current band I am working with. Still good news, the DMB camp is interested in properly titling TR's tracks. YEAH!!!! Hope this all makes you very happy.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  2:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually it does...

now, does this mean there gonna release that DVD from the '03 tour?
-That's right I haven't forgotten.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  12:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sciphish

now, does this mean there gonna release that DVD from the '03 tour?
-That's right I haven't forgotten.

Are you talking about that Dave & Tim show that was filmed? Or am I thinking about the wrong show?

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  3:42:48 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah the Purdue show (I think) from '03.

I'm not quite sure why they won't release it.
But I'll be there in line when it does.
Oh and it better be HD!

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  3:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

BUT I got a call today from Joe Lawler, official archiver/recorder for DMB, asking if I would be willing to help him title TR's songs from the recent Euro dates recordings.

It only mentions TR songs from the EURO dates so, I don't think that it's a release from 2003. Plus, Live in England sounds better than Live in Wisconsin...

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  01:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's been filmed, and they did release audio from that tour on the Bonus Some Devil cd. It took them forever to release Live In Chicago and the Gorge. It most likely will eventualy come out.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  3:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
FYI, I've got some of this tour's solos:

2.23 - Doom
2.24 - Bridge of Sighs -> In This Place
2.26 - ?
2.27 - Doom
3.1 - Come Together (Continue)
3.2 - Chatterbox
3.4 - ?
3.6 - ?
3.8 - Delicate Balance
3.9 - Stream (Kashmir)
3.10 - You Are My Sanity -> Kundalini Bonfire
3.12 - Stream (Kashmir)
3.13 - I'm Your Captain -> Ohio
3.14 - ?, ?

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  3:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, i sent those to dmbalmanac yesterday i believe....that or saturday.... looks like they got them up :)

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  3:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
haha, you are the dmbalmanac guy.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  3:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I JUST added them :) Thanks!

Erich just told me that 3.8 is Delicate Balance. I'm adding that to the Almanac as we speak.

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  3:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i can do the other ? ones, if you have them. if not, s'coo

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  3:34:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
2.24 and 3.8 are the only shows with recordings, so far, so I don't have any more for you yet.

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  3:45:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
totally cool with me. we're spoiled, arent we? with fast turnarounds for things?

I wonder what videos will come of this tour, too.

Nice to see Kris got chatterbox.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  3:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah what is that fluffy?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, i was right!

Chatterbox ->
Continue ->
Chatterbox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5stWHW73DgI

Continue starts @ 1:20, goes for 50sec. Whoo! Kris got a treat there.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Continue?

is that the song name or what?

POST 666 is in my head

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes.

http://www.archive.org/details/tr2000-06-02.shnf

the part he plays during chatterbox is towards the middle/end of the song, so you might call it a tease.

good song. its a live only cut, written about his uncle, if im not mistaken.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CONTINUE!!!!!!

WHOA!

God I hope they release a D&T show. They are always golden. Especially TR's solos. Man.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey, listen to the end of Come Together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56WePxyBdM

and tell me if it sounds like Tims version of when the levee breaks (Led Zep). I think its close, but im not sure. It could just be a slide jam. Or if anyone's heard the end of his older versions of Something Nasty, I dont remember them too well.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7yHizboml4

Tim is doing Betrayal here, but it doesn't tell you the fucking date. It was added feb 24th, so we can count out Glasgow since that seems accounted for, but John mentioned 2/23 was Doom. What recording did you listen to, John?

I think its newcastle since the stage and water seem exactly the same as that user's Two Step in Newcastle vid. Thats definitely Betrayal though, but i wish we had a full capture of the song. Oh well.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what song is this erich.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Something Nasty from the Fitzgerald's gig was unreal.

I should be out seeing the sights in Seattle, but I'm on this damn board all morning. I am out!

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
edit - oh, one sec.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
here it is erirch
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tk1kp4

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
here is Tim Reynolds in Glasgow, Scotland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtkTlWwl_A

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  4:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

here it is erirch
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tk1kp4

Harvest -> After The Goldrush

Neil Young covers. The jam at the end is pretty much Repeat The Question.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  5:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thatnks man, two shows should be updated then.....

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  5:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats odd. I couldve sworn my master list (updated last in '03 i think) was sent to Dan a while back (2/28 was on there). oh well, good to see something out of it at least :)

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  5:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://dmbalmanac.com/SongStats.aspx?sid=144

i just submitted 2-12-99 and 2-28-99

knock some out while i wait to go home and check my archived shns....

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  01:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim did Stream/Kashmir tonight, according to attendees.

Thanks for y'all's help today. Maybe we can get them all identified?

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000