Is Tim Reynolds, Is Not Tim Reynolds
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  9:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
there is another Tim Reynolds at timreynolds.net but shit this is bad. I hope Fluffy grabbed up this gem.

OUT FOR LUNCH

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  9:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Weird. How exactly does this guy explain ME not being there, or does he have a counterpart as well??
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  10:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
uhm, Marcus Eaton was there, and did an encore with Tim.

On and On
Who You Are
Story of Now
Standing Still
Black Pearl
Fiona
Drug

Rheginos (w/ Tim)

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  11:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, the whole time this dude was the "Tim Reynolds" that I liked. I guess I've been wasting my time on these boards...since all of you are talking about the short guy with a raspy voice. Just a bad case of mistaken identity.

The guy in the picture is waaaaaay cooler!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  11:14:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I am confused (so what else is new?)
Did Marcus open for the other TR? If so, did he know it was the other TR or did the real TR play the gig and the poster picture is wrong???? And how can the "fake" TR get away with advertising DMB collaborator?????? sheeeeeesh someone please explain......

Or is all of this a conspiracy to mess with my mind which is mush from studying???????

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  11:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no this was supposed to be the Tim Reynolds we know. apparently the venue didn't do their homework very well and got the Tim Reynolds mixed up some how. hopefully our Tim Reynolds didn't take a pay cut because of it.

and it was our Tim Reynolds that showed up and played.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  11:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still like the "real" Tim Reynolds (.net) the best.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  11:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
then i'll make sure not to send you t&d storytellers then....

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  11:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NO NO NO NO NO!!!

I take it ALL back.

I was joking!! Please...I'll do anything...
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  12:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't handle another conspiracy.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  12:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

I can't handle another conspiracy.

Ha ha ha ha ha. True.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  2:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This whole thing is just freakin'n me out!! Besides "our" TR is way more KEWL waaaayy mooore, than the dude who's pic is on that poster. I promise that dude wouldn't be caught wearing goggles or say a tutu ... Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  3:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know, the lumber-jack shirt and the 1982 Don Henley hair cut are pretty kewl!
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  08:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh I was confused by your first post. I thought you were implying that this Tim Reynolds was passing himself off as the "real" Tim Reynolds. I didn't realize that the venue just made an error with the poster.

Pretty funny though...
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  12:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe you guys didn't know about that, I found his website before I got to this one!

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  1:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is a fun one concerning this subject(blast from the past):

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2915

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  3:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHA I remember that thread and I needed a good blast from the past...makes me wonder what's been happening with Matt aka victorwootenfan? I will have to ask dirtysloth, he used to talk to him.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  9:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes I did grab a few and had the rest pulled down before doors. Sadly, this is not the first TIMe that this has happened. We showed up for a gig at The Fox in Boulder once and they had posters up for our gig at The Bluebird in Denver a few nites later and the posters had the wrong Tim Reynolds pictured. We all got quite a big laugh out of it. It was fun showing up at the Bluebird and telling them I didn't bring the right TR for the gig. "He doesn't match the one in the picture, SORRY!"

Unfortunately, that promoter, Mike Thrasher Presents, hosted 3 of TR's shows and the posters and ads in the paper all had the wrong pictures. The representative from Mike Thrasher Presents felt horrible about the mistake. Apparently they had recieved the right photos and stuff to use from Blue Mt Artists but they sent it to an outside graphic designer to do the artwork for the posters and ads and he didn't bother to use the stuff he was sent for whatever reason and instead did a quick search on the internet and grabbed that picture and used it in all the advertising for the show. Sadly noone caught the mistake until Seattle when TR brought it to my attention in the hotel. I checked the adpak from the night before in Eugene, OR and sure enuf, wrong picture in all the advertising. I contacted our publicity person Lisa who had sent out all the proper advertising/photos to the clubs but the clubs weren't responsible for advertising since it was being promoted by an outside promoter. Adverstising fell to MTP and they had recieved the right photos but sent it out as I mentioned before. Guess it's just an example of too many cooks. Hopefully it doesn't happen to often in the future. Again, we all got a good laugh out of it, even TR. Sadly, MTP where the only ones not laughing. They felt horrible about it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  10:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i guess it was a good thing they put "Dave Matthews collaborator" on there......so people who never knew what TR looked like, still wanted to see him play.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  01:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fuck that. The Tim stands alone.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  01:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can see the future:

"I am Tim Reynolds, and I approve this poster . . . bitch!"

. . . some how that doesn't seem half bad.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000