Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 When was the first time YOU heard Tim play?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2001 :  8:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember sitting at my friends house. He's been a bass player for half a year, and a BIG fan of Dave Matthews Band. He put in Live at Red Rocks in his stereo, and put the song on "All along the Watch Tower" I didnt have much intrest in Dave Matthews at the time, but that song blew me away, and Tim Reyolds playing the electric guitar mid way through the song kicked so much ass. He saw that I liked it, and put in Live at Luther Colledge, and played "Stream;" That did it. After that, all I listened to is Tim Reynolds and Dave Matthews.

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2001 :  12:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First time I ever heard of Tim was on the red rocks CD as well "Tim Reynolds on the geetar"

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2001 :  01:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
first time i heard tim was on luther college...that ants solo just blew me away....typical situation is probably the most amazing...#41 is beautiful..i wish i could have seen it...and on red rocks...the two step solo he does kicks ass..i would play that song...and loop just the solo on my cd player..and listen to it over and over..i can still hear it in my mind.....i dont think dmb is complete without tim.....tim not only adds something to it but makes it whole id say...its a shame they havent played in awhile..
james

Go to Top of Page

ibarasta
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2001 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit ibarasta's Homepage  Send ibarasta an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i think it was the storytellers show on mtv, that's the first time i really noticed him. i was in awe during bartender and ddtw, i was just so amazed that someone could do that with an acoustic guitar. went out and bought luther college not too long after

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2001 :  12:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First time I heard Tim was on the DMB Recently EP. There are two songs on there, dancing nancies and warehouse that are D&T. Tim doesn't get to do much fancy stuff, but I still noticed his skill, and from there I was actually LISTENING for Tim on all of my DMB recordings. Of course, at that time the only DMB cds that were out were R2T and UTTAD, so I had to wait for Crash to hear more of him. Then I was blown away by his electric guitar work on BTCS. The solo in Spoon is so damn soulful. Somewhere in there too, L@RR came out, and I was in awe of his solos on Two Step, Rhyme and Reason, and of course Watchtower. The man is friggin' amazing. Like you all didn't know that? :)

ANyone see that Ultrasound on DMB and the making of BTCS? Tim got a whole...oh I don't know 5 seconds on there? I used to fast forward to that part, then shut the damn tape off hehe.

Ibarasta, hopefully others saw Tim on Storytellers, and Craig Kilborn and were equally as impressed and are on there way to being bigger Tim fans. It's cool when a man with talent like Tim is actually recognized for it by more and more people. Not that he needs and/or wants fame, I'm just saying it's cool when people wise up to how great he really is.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2001 :  01:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys, just wanted to share some past answers with you. This topic came up close to the inception of the new message board. Alot of the longtime members have already answered this question in the other post. Here is a link to it.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=78

My answer can also be found there as well. ENJOY!!

ps: I moved it back to the top of the list so you could find it easier. It is called "How I got into Tim"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

sleight121
Is Anybody Here?

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2001 :  4:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Send sleight121 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was always a big DMB fan but i never really noticed his work in the songs that i heard. The first time i really listened to Tim play was probably on Recently. I was listening to it in the car and i noticed this guitar in the background makin' some really sweet sounds. Then i went back and listened to the old cds and it was great. It was almost like hearing the songs for the first time again. After i heard L@LC i was just blown away. Stream and the Jimi Thing solo were incredible. Every song on those cds was just classic. Then i got into Tim's solo stuff and thats it from there. I'm also glad people are starting to finally recogize his talent.

Go to Top of Page

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2001 :  5:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess my story is a little bit different. I had been noticing Dave Matthews a little bit. I have alwasy liked Dave playing acoustic vs. his whole band. Not to take anything away from them just I perfer the roots of music....acoustic..I always take time to watch someone when they are playing acoustic..anyways Dave was on story tellers and there was this guy playing with him..well needless to say it took one solo from Tim and the sounds he was getting out of the acoustic was amazing...that led me to the net to look him up and then to site here and the rest is history....I appreciate what Tim can do on the guitar and I know he is an amazing talent...I would like to say I get everything he does but some of his stuff just isn't for me, and that is ok cuz it's not all for me all the time just like life. I have L@LC but I never really appreciated him until I saw him on storytellers...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000